Things we need Z8 to fix

Alright games nearing its funeral, but I think if you can hear the crys out for help from your actual players you can turn this game around in a matter of months before 2010 begins.

Competitive Gaming
- Clan server is still in beta we would like to stop randomly dropping from the server, not sure if its because there are to many people online or if there is some packet loss between the player and the server. There is no way to check this, but its there and players would like it fixed.

- A way to boot "teams" from rooms, not just kicking single players booting a complete team from your room. People like coming in idling just to make you mad, they wont say nothing etc.

- A way to block opposite team chat - this goes for most game modes. Some times the other teams get upset and rant in the chat box, not everyone wants to hear it. A way to disable the other team (Block all GR or BL teams from chatting) would be nice.

- Replay system - it's been said many times and a lot of us are getting fed up. The rewind and fast forward does not work AT ALL. We can't skip rounds nor can we go back to recheck something, you do realize it takes ~30 minutes to watch one replay to get to a certain round just to double check angles on other players, its nerve wrecking and time consuming.

- Game Guard. No we don't need a new anti hack system, we need GG to be coded into crossfire correctly where it constantly checks if its actually running, the bypasser's simply do what it says it bypasses the game guard so you can run crossfire without, that simply means the crossfire engine isn't actually checking if its being ran at all. It shouldn't be this easy to hack crossfire, this should be coded throughout the actual crossfire engine and shuts down crossfire when game guard isn't technically running and protecting its game.

- Releasing updates, in a majority of all updates you guys state what ZP/GP items and maps and weapons you've released then in a short sum you say "loads of bugs", what loads of bugs? We've lost the connection between gamer and gm with communication on whats fixed and whats still broken.

- Ping status meter in the server lobby's, there is no way to tell if your playing with players in the same area, I usually join games and I won't know if I'll end up lagging or not. There is no way to check this, there should be.
--- For example next to amount of players there should be a status image from (red, orange, yellow, green) - say I have 30 ping and majority of the playrs in the room has a 10-40 ping the status would be green, say I have 200 ping same thing applys, but if I had 200 ping and I see a room with red status that means their ping isn't close to yours and you shouldn't join that room.

Weapons

- Weapons some times disappear at certain angles [basic user spec mode when your dead and watching your teammates] and some times when some players are lagging and haven't loaded up correctly.

- M4 Silencer [not the custom] the recoil is is MUCH higher then the stock M4 - video is being uploaded [processed in about an hour from this post]. (Video Description: M4-Silencer's recoil is higher then the stock m4, the purpose of the silenced m4 was not to just make it quiet [or is it], usually silenced/compressed weapons are used to lower recoil and noise, only thing it has done is increase the recoil and decreased the noise.) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc15kCs6tEg

- Shooting a person in the air with an awm against a person 100+ ping higher then yours (I average 35-47 ping, so around 150->200+ ping) would do 80 or even 99 dmg against shooting someone against your own ping level would be an instant kill if you shoot them in the upper torso.

- All weapons should be equally damaging through boxes - a m4 (stock) does almost full damage through a box compared to a AW(N|M) sniper rifle shooting through a wooden box does 30 or so damage through a box. (When I say equally damaging I mean each gun should do 30-40% per bullet of the full damage through any wooden areas then you would see in head on head combat) - it'll level out game play against other players.

- Add in a rent system along side of the permanent purchasing of weapons, so during patches it allows everything to test out the new weapons (for bugs or just to see if its worth spending 39,000 gp [glock] before purchasing it) for a certain amount of time [certain amount of time is already coded in for example the black market you get weapons for a certain amount of time so I can't see how hard it would be to implement]

- post others in comments because everyone uses different weapons and I stick to just a few.

Map Glitches
There are loads of map glitches that I think as a community whole should search for and report because z8 keeps releasing new maps, yet their old maps still have issues. For example black widow (one of the first stock maps since CBT) - going back and forth on the steps at A site your character goes invisible except your muzzle flash.

I know there are others so post them if you can.

See z8games here's the thing, we don't necessarily want new things every-time its available, even though it doesn't hurt. We would like the older things FIXED before continuing to release new content. This game won't be in "Final" release anytime soon because the player to gm communication is LOW and the effort the players are putting into the game (players are stop reporting, players reporting falsely) is making anything go by fast.

There is tons of things we players would like to see fixed before continuing on with crossfire, else crossfire won't be worth continuing with.

Comments

• 100% support, i especially agree on the :
    - All weapons should be equally damaging through boxes - a m4 (stock) does almost full damage through a box compared to a AW(N|M) sniper rifle shooting through a wooden box does 30 or so damage through a box. (When I say equally damaging I mean each gun should do 30-40% per bullet of the full damage through any wooden areas then you would see in head on head combat) - it'll level out game play against other players.

i tried to open a topic about it back on subagames forum but they changed the name after a couple of days so it was forgotten.

atm there are a couple of weapons doing 100% damage through the boxes and it's a total mood killer when you get a 100 damage headshot through a wooden wall when you shoot them back for 40 damage in the head, just because you're not an m4 or xm8 user.
  • Yeah you can block chat, one by one, not a complete team. (By the time you block the other teams or boths team chats completely) you'll end up dead.
  • also the block other team chat would be great when the other team goes "omg hacker" "kick him", so not necessarely in a clan war, it would work in a pub too. this would be the last thing on my list tho.
    1. bugs solved
    2. damage through boxes balanced
    3. etc
    100. block chat.
  • I've lost a lot of hope already but i would like to see at least some of these fixed/modified. Hell, there have been glitches/bugs that havent been fixed since i started (about 3-4months). Good luck to this game, it has potential for a free fps.
  • people get too bothered by bad things and dont focus on good things
  • On the idea of trying out weapons, i'd be happy just to have a weapons testing area, a room where you can pick from all the weapons and hit a few targets, check out the recoil etc before choosing to buy. E.M doesn't help me much, i'd like to take my time and nut out the spray pattern and so on.
  • Do you not think this hasn't been suggested many times, we all have two options with this game stop playing or stop moaning...... Nothing much gets changed. I hardly play now, so many better games out there to play. The one good thing about games like CF is that they are free and you really do get what you pay for.
  • or we can keep trying and telling them what's wrong about the game. if people would just quit every time it gets hard maybe you would still live in a cave eating raw meat and bugs.
  • @ukoldgit1 - you really don't know anything do you? And I quote GM Fallen back in janurary "The more people complain about a certain issue, the faster it will get fixed because we show the dev's these issues mentioned by our community and if not enough people suggestion fixes or report bugs nothing will happen" (Not quoted word for word, but an old post on the old forums back in january) - probably way before you came here in april.

Bump because we care!
  • Forgot vote kick system overhaul. But yeah, I agree with those points. Additionally, I think that there are some ZP only items that are unfair (Body armor, for example). This game should be free to play, and the playing field should be level for people who spend hundreds of dollars, and those who spend zero.
  • Interact wrote: »
    @ukoldgit1 - you really don't know anything do you? And I quote GM Fallen back in janurary "The more people complain about a certain issue, the faster it will get fixed because we show the dev's these issues mentioned by our community and if not enough people suggestion fixes or report bugs nothing will happen" (Not quoted word for word, but an old post on the old forums back in january) - probably way before you came here in april.

Bump because we care!

And what have they fixed?

You still have a multitude of hackers, you still have a crap voting system and nothing much improves for people that don't pay. And all that has been mentioned has been asked about time and time again. The sooner you realise that making money comes first (which is how it should be) you'll realise that your wish list is a dream list, having said that everyone needs a dream. I agree that you should report bugs to be fixed. All I was pointing out is that all that had been asked has been asked many times before and to repeat myself they are not fixes(bug eliminations) they are a wish list no more no less. I've not seen one thing that has been implimented by anyone asking. I've seen lots of people muted/karma reduced for asking/suggesting. I think you you probably know less then me or are very gullible.
  • Thanks for the great post. It's well thought and laid out in an intelligent manner.

We have our own lists of things that we are working on and we are always looking to the forums for good posts like these to compare with and make sure we're on the right track.

We can't promise any ETA on any given fix, or that your specific ideas will be used, but rest assured we work on passing on as many key issues as possible to improve the game.

Thanks again for the nice post. Lets hope this doesn't degrade into a flame war and force us to close it.
  • like to see the friends list fixed whats the point of having it if it don't work people show up u first add them but after that they never show up again even if they did still don't know what room there in.

people have been saying things about it for months but nothing has changed fix it or remove it put something else there if your not going to do it right.