Video Games affecting brain. SURVEY

First off, if your going to troll I won't give a **** and just ignore your post. Anyways, doing a project about how video games affect the brain. Looking for some people to answer some simple questions. Just short and easy responses nothing difficult.
Would be appreciated if people would give me good, honest answers.

Just copy and reply to the question(s).

1. Age:

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind):

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games:

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.):

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) :

thanks for participating.

Comments

• 1. Age: 16

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 20 hours

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games:No

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): Depends if I got ****ed or not.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way: No, besides that runescape got my english better when i was young, now it's just for my own pleasure.
  • Are you doing some research? Because I'm pretty sure this has happened before many times by other researchers as well. (and no I don't want more surveys.) :p
  • no just a survey for my project and thanks blind

• 1. Age: 18

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): according to xfire i have played 45 hours of cf in the last 7 days, add on a 5 hour rough estimate for playtime while offline and a couple esea pugs for 50 hours in the last 7 days.

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: yes. This question is flawed because it is 100% dependant on the subject's ability to judge themselves properly.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (a feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): no, unless of course it was based on reasons not specifically based around video games. The act of clicking on pixels does not make me angry or affect my emotion in any way.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way: the communities of video games have helped me. The video games themselves have most likely boosted my critical thinking skills. This is a very vague and flawed question.

. .

EDIT: I forgot that I occasionally leave CF on overnight, so the hours are way off. Just put me as a "Fair amount"
  • 1. Age: 17

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 15~25 hrs

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: No

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): Nope

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way: Nope
  • 1. Age:14

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 18 hours

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: yes sir

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): no

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way: win 10k zp!

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 20 hours

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: No

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): If i'm in a bad mood, video games tend to make it worse, so yes, sometimes

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way: Only the forums
  • 1. Age:13

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind):3-9

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games:Nope

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.):Nope

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way:Nope
    (;
  • 1. Age: 23

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 30 (estimated)

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: no

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): nop, in my case they made me a lot calmer than before .--.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : imo they make me relax, taking away the stress i get everyday, along with music, they make it easier to sleep after a day full of paperwork e-e
  • 1. Age: 20

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 23 hours (almost an entire day woot)

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: After a fast paced game, yes.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): No, video games help me chill.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : its kept me off the streets causing trouble, I enjoy it and has passed time. I believe people are too skeptical about gaming and its effects.
  • 1. Age:25

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 56h (and yes i have life fyi)

yes it is

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.):

abit yes but not alot

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : nope because if game would give me money i would have alot of money :)
  • 1. Age: 16

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 55

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: Yes

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): No

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : Yes
  • 1. Age: 22

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): Minimum 7 hours a week.

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: Yes.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): No, if anything they made me more aware and gaming for me is always relaxing.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : Yes, in problem solving, the social experience in getting to know people of different cultures and human behavior along with hand-eye coordination.
  • 1. Age: 19

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): Depends with work and ****.

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: Yes.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): Nope. Ask some of my LT's they shout into the mic all the time.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially): Depends on the game, puzzle games that I play all the time may improve my critical thinking and mathematical thinking, FPS games. I dont know.

This topic sucks, but I think it's a interesting subject. Now, if anyone needs me, I well be at B site all day. camping like a pro.
  • 1. Age: 23
    2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 8
    3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: A little
    4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): No, if anything less

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : Not with anything in real life.
  • 1. Age: 20

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 4-6 hours

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: Usually no.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): Depending on the video game experience, it can leave one a little :mad:mad:mad:. But it would not lead to violence in any sort of way.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : If I played 2nd Life, maybe I can get an alternative lifestyle. But OT: Not really, unless it is one of those brainiac games that stimulate the brain and regions.
  • 1. Age:16

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): around 7 hours. More if I'm depressed, much more if during holidays and much less if it's a pre-holiday exam fest week.

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: Yes. Helps with badminton games.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.):I was like that in the beginning. However, playing MMORPGs help me become at least a little bit more social.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : Critical thinking and situation control, as well as chess.

• 1. Age: Eighteen

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): Give or take 24 hours.

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games:Yes, I do think that video games have increased my reaction time.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): Not really. I was never really aggressive, nor had emotional outbursts. And I've always been fairly lazy.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) :I think that, seeing as how I play puzzle games quite a bit, it has had a positive effect on my critical thinking and problem solving abilities.

Answers in red.
  • 1. Age: 21

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 20-40

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: Not too much, I've always been active and quick-witted.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): Couldn't say, I'm often relaxed, I'm often emotional. Though I was like that before I even touched games, so meh.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially): No, this game would make me anti-social, if anything.

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 10

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: Not really.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): No for sure.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially): No.
  • 1. Age: 21

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 5-20 depending on if I found some new good game or not.

Not sure what this means. No, I don't get cat like reflexes after a gaming session.

No, quite the opposite.
    I'm very calm and content after a gaming session, except for some cravings for more gaming if I quit in a particularly exciting stage of the game.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) :

Yes and no. Videogames like Portal (and any game in which you have a virtual 3D environment I'd imagine) are proven to have a positive effect on spatial awareness.
    Socially no, very much no. Partially due to circumstances beyond gaming (being very isolated socially as a child), but being stuck in front of the PC gave me the option (which I took), to play games instead of practicing my social skills.
  • 1. Age:16

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 10-20 hours

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games:maybe a little, nothing too huge

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): not even a little

well since i used to be a ghost mode player now im mad fooking crazy at marco pollo
  • 1. Age: 18

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 5-10

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games: Slightly better.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): I tend to be more emotional when I crave video games (just like when I crave to go biking or whatever). Other than that, there is no appreciable consistent change in my behavior.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : Marginally helps with critical thinking (depends on the game and how it's played). Socially it has actually improved my abilities slightly.
  • thesis: video games make people socially awkward.

^^^^^^ This

1. Age:13

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind):2-5

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games:Lolno.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): Maybe if you get trolled the f*** out of by a whole bunch of nerds on the forums, sure.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAHAHHAHA no.
  • 1. Age:14 :P

2. Amount of time playing video games a week (any kind): 15-20

3. Do you think your reaction time is faster after playing video games:would of said slower.

4. After playing video games, do you think you have increased aggressive behavior, emotional outbursts, or decreased inhibitions (A feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.): after playing for a long amount of hours i get stressed out.

5. Do you think video games helped you in any way (ex: critical thinking, or socially) : i wouldn't say so.
  • not trolling, but typically surveys are the worst way to gather information.