Cant get crossfire to load, eveything goes white and xtrap fails on me

Hi, i have been playing a long time, but ever since we had a new hard drive put in i havint been able to get crossfire up. here's whats happening in detail, hopefully someones had this problem before and knows a solution.

When i click the desktop icon to bring up crossfire, the first problem that happens is that all of the spots were there should be crossfire logos, recent updates and news are all white. the start button shows up still so i click it and that leads to the problem stopping me from playing

when xtrap or whatever they have up now (its been about a month or two since i played) starts to load it gets stuck at step 3 initializing and freezes there. ive tried downloading crossfire a few times again, and without antivirus on but it doesn't help. I think there might be something iam missing that you need for this, or maybe something i have to change on my computer.

any help? :[ thanks!

My_Game is crossfire name

Comments

• chrismitch wrote: »
    Hi, i have been playing a long time, but ever since we had a new hard drive put in i havint been able to get crossfire up. here's whats happening in detail, hopefully someones had this problem before and knows a solution.

When i click the desktop icon to bring up crossfire, the first problem that happens is that all of the spots were there should be crossfire logos, recent updates and news are all white. the start button shows up still so i click it and that leads to the problem stopping me from playing

when xtrap or whatever they have up now (its been about a month or two since i played) starts to load it gets stuck at step 3 initializing and freezes there. ive tried downloading crossfire a few times again, and without antivirus on but it doesn't help. I think there might be something iam missing that you need for this, or maybe something i have to change on my computer.

any help? :[ thanks!

My_Game is crossfire name

Care to give us some more information about your hardware?

A full reinstall of windows could help too.
  • Heres some i could find on system information,

Sound card is realtek ac'97 audio
    Our operating system is windows xp professional
    Video card is radeon 9200

not sure what else you would need to know but ask and ill find it, i think its a setting or something i got wrong that i have to change,

wish you could post pictures, i could show the problem alot easier through a screen shot. I think it might be a security setting iam not aware of :[
  • Any chance you tried fully uninstalling it? & reinstalling it. You did mention it was a few months before you last played - Files might of gotten corrupt
    http://crossfire.z8games.com/downloadS2.aspx