The athmosphere

Well, I watched a documentary about the athmosphere and about the four major layers of the earth's atmosphere: the troposphere, the stratosphere, the mesosphere, the thermosphere and the exosphere. Each and every one of them got a vital role in having the Earth look like it currently looks like. Anyway, do you guys think that if other planets would have the same atmosphere as we have would look exactly like the Earth?

To more or less clarify what each layer is, here are the answers:

The troposphere is our weather, that is the only reason that the Earth look like it currently is. The weather have also changed the appearance of some mountains in the US and the deserts of Sahara and much much more.

The stratosphere is the layer that absorbs harmful rays from the sun.

The mesosphere is the layer that burn up the meteorites that come too close to the Earth. (When you look at the skies at the night you may see some "shooting stars", those are actually meteorites that's burning and disappearing) Sometimes when the meteorites are too big, they won't burn up though. That was the reason the dinosaurs got wiped, because the meteorites was immense and just wouldn't burn up.

The thermosphere is where most of the heat from the sun gets stored, there may be thousands of degree celcius there.

And the last and extremely thin exosphere, the role of the exosphere is to merge our atmosphere with the infinite space.

Well, I'm only trying to start a discussion. If it won't work out well, anyone can feel free to close the thread.

Also, sorry for the small amount of information on some of the layers, it is pretty late and I'm about to go to bed. This just facinated me a lot, wanted to share the information with someone. ;)

EDIT: If were not allowed to discuss scientific things on these forums I'm sorry, as I already stated, I just wanted to share some information!

Comments