low fps

anyone have a sugestion on video cards for better fps - i saw a guys post on the forum he had 200 fps - wow - brand name and model please

Comments

• i get 250+ fps always :)
    GPU: Radeon HD4850x2 (2GB) - not the most amazing GPU but meh gets the job done for crossfire and most games it would seem.
  • I have integrated and I get around 134. You can't just run out there and buy a random graphics card. You need to tell us what computer you have, specs, etc.
  • I have integrated and I get around 134. You can't just run out there and buy a random graphics card. You need to tell us what computer you have, specs, etc.

Wow thats alot for a intergrated card - model, specs? :)

And yeah check what slot you have on your PC. (AGP x4/x8 or PCI/PCI-Express/PCI-Express 2.0) Then I can help you choose GPU thats right for your setup. Also its good to keep a good balance, you dont want to overspend on the GPU while having, let's say a single core CPU and 1Gb Ram.
  • nhra wrote: »
    anyone have a sugestion on video cards for better fps - i saw a guys post on the forum he had 200 fps - wow - brand name and model please

Omg dude... My graphic accelarator is in deep sh1t, and it isn't even in the market, and I have 170-220 fps. If you find it, you will probably buy it 20-30 euros, and it is named NVIDIA GeForce G210™ (All copyrights reserved) and it can even play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2™ (Don't want to mention another game) at low graphics with a satisfactory number of fps. I wouldn't recommend of getting it if you want to go serious on online gaming to other games, such as COD Series and that games that have quite good graphics. Anyway it's your decision search and you will find. :D
  • JayK_47 wrote: »
    i get 250+ fps always :)
    GPU: Radeon HD4850x2 (2GB) - not the most amazing GPU but meh gets the job done for crossfire and most games it would seem.

Sorry dude, you failed. You can't get more than 250 fps in an FPS game... 250 fps is the biggest scale in any FPS game... But if you mean you have constant 250 fps, then you're right.
  • Yes thats what I meant its at a constant 250 so I added the "+". Btw I run on 800x600, but 1440*900 its at 220+ - If your wondering why I choose a lower resolution, its becuase I play better on that setting for some reason. :)
  • JayK_47 wrote: »
    Yes thats what I meant its at a constant 250 so I added the "+". Btw I run on 800x600, but 1440*900 its at 220+ - If your wondering why I choose a lower resolution, its becuase I play better on that setting for some reason. :)

I didn't wonder at all, because everybody has a different gameplay and gamestyle... For instance when I play sniper, I change my resolution to 1020 x 800 (or smthing like that), but when I play assault, I change it to 1440 x 1020 (or w/e I don't remember them xD)
  • Well for anybody who did wonder, as im sure people will be confused as to why I was willingly running lower resolutions. But meh generally I find lower resolutions make me feel closer to the combat - pew pew ;)
  • I used to have about 100 fps. but now since they have changed the font I near 300. (About 270 to be exact.) :P
  • I thought the lower your fps the better? Or less laggy it was?
  • SamSimples wrote: »
    I thought the lower your fps the better? Or less laggy it was?

No mam, that is wrong. FPS (Frames Per Second) are the amount of times per
    second the graphics card is working in conjunction with your cpu to render
    the games frames to be displayed on your monitor.

The more frames per second that are rendered and displayed on your monitor
    will result in a more fluid, smooth game experience.

If you have decent equipment that is able to supply many frames per second
    you will not have video lag unless your connection to the game is bad. The
    ping response time to the server causes a different kind of lag that maybe
    you will not notice on your computer but other players will see you lagging,
    or another possibility is if you have a bad ping (high ping) the other players
    may appear to hop around and move very fast you. Low connection Ping is
    good.

The bottom line is that the human eye can detect a difference in the
    smoothness of the game if your equipment is not rendering high amounts of
    FPS and results in what is known as video lag.

The one bottleneck is your monitor if you have good equipment able to
    render high FPS. Most modern monitors are capped of displaying high FPS in
    the same amount of HZ it's able to display. On a CRT monitor if you are
    using a 60HZ refresh rate then the game will be locked at only being able
    to display 60 FPS. If you have a good monitor that is able to utilize higher
    frequencies then you can select those and achieve higher FPS.

This is why most hard core gamers swear by a high dollar CRT monitor that
    is able to achieve very high HZ refresh rate. The monitor I'm using will go to
    100HZ which will let the graphics processing display 100 FPS on the monitor.
    I don't use that high of frequency because personally I find that 75hz or 85hz
    is smooth enough for me and anything higher is just wearing the monitor out
    faster.

Remember this, if your equipment is able to render high FPS, then the
    (refresh rate)HZ of the monitor = FPS of the game that is actually being
    displayed.

OK, then comes into play an option in the graphics drivers called Vertical
    sync and when turned off it will drastically increase FPS by disabling the
    syncing of the monitor and graphics processor, but the side effect of turning
    it off and unlocking this quality feature is that you may notice tearing effects
    and and blurring in the image quality (IQ).

Most new LCD's only support 60HZ and I think the newest high dollar ones
    are supporting 120HZ now. One thing about LCD's that effects gaming
    experience and produces lag is called response time on those. There is
    nothing that I know of that you can do to change the response time on a
    LCD monitor.
    Some people I have talked to say that anything below a 5ms response time
    on a LCD monitor is ok for online gaming, anything higher and you will experience
    lag from your equipment.

Hope that clears it up for you.
    Peace