why do z8 have forums for cf?

2»

Comments

• @kelathe:

My "troll" post aren't poorly forumalted. Or are they o_O?

Btw my sister played when she was 10. I bet those 10-13 players are the so said blind ones.

Edit: the M4-silver was suggested by me and Svanced a month (or two) before it came out.
  • jagrawr wrote: »
    players just rage - no1 listens
    players just troll - no1 listens
    players offer suggestions - no1 listens

They have MODs - they just close threads

im just wondering why z8 have these forums?
    Players dont always rage. Cmon I have my times but still. Im not raging now or have I raged all day. I mainly just share my own opinion in my own kind of way.
    Players dont always troll. Theres probably only a 10% troll count on the forum. There is very few trolls here.
    Seeing how people do stick in a lot of suggestions. Yes its not Z8Games job on anything to do with the game development, but Ive seen some suggestions actually be thought of. Mainly forum suggestions or Suggestions on the CrossFire portals. (Such as forum, clan, main page, download page, redeem, and so on.) Sometimes they have no power to do anything but yes, They are listening xD.
    Mods don't close threads all the time. Ive only seen them close threads if it is Constant Spam threads about hackers, Flaming threads with trolls in them, Inappropriate Content within a thread, and just plain threads with the same idea or thought. Yes mods can be sometimes aggressive, but its there job. If they have a reason, they have every right to close a thread.

Z8Games has these forums so:

☼ People can get answers.
    ☼ Forumers can make Forum Games.
    ☼ To have fun with other forumers and play.
    ☼ To share with others.
    ☼ CrossFire Gamers can learn about updates.
    ☼ Claiming free Giveaways.
    ☼ To learn how to properly behave.

LOL at the last bullet. but yes, there is a Rules and Conduct if anyone wants to read it. Maybe anyone would know how to behave better after reading some rules. ;)

But yeah, Z8Games is awesome. :/ Its the reason why I have more Post count then any other forum ive been on. Holy hell 2900.. Thats way more then I have on my second favorite game. About 200times as much.

Lastly, you forget that the age group tends to lean from 13 year olds and up right? You can't always expect top notch maturity.
    Not always true. Ive seen 10 year olds also.

Some 12 year olds act more mature then 18 year old adults.

But yeah, Dont expect everyone to not have complete maturity. This game can have little kiddies playing who are the age of 8. I dont know why their parents allowed them to play this game, but I know ive been playing mature games since I was 7. I remember getting Grand theft auto 3 just for me. :D

So believe it or not, there is Small children playing this game. They probably make up for 8% of the community. (10 and younger)
    and I bet Middle aged teens ranging from 14-17 year olds make up about 60% of the community.

Leaving Immature Adults with 10% of the community.

and Mature adults with 22%

I make a part within the 14-17 middle aged teen group.

Yes I can throw out percentages and numbers but they might not be entirely true. Its based off an opinion and Z8Games forums allows everyone to have an opinion. (Though, if your not raging and trolling.)
  • apqlwma wrote: »
    @kelathe:

My "troll" post aren't poorly forumalted. Or are they o_O?

Btw my sister played when she was 10. I bet those 10-13 players are the so said blind ones.

Edit: the M4-silver was suggested by me and Svanced a month (or two) before it came out.

Trolling is an art, most people don't know the true grasp of it nor are very creative with it. I'm not versed in it either, but I see where skilled trolls rule. However, skilled or not, trolling isn't allowed here period.

I've seen some mature younger players, but the vast majority of kids are such. Like I said there are exceptions to every rule.
  • @kelathe:

my troll threads aren't made to be so. Whenever I understand it was a bad idea, that I was wrong... I ask a MOD to close by posting on his profile or directly through the thread itself.

@OP:

How would we have fun without being somehow linked to Cross Fire whenever we want whatever our location ;).
    I keed, obviously there's a life out there with real people you can hear, touch and eventually slap :D.
    Some people, mainly the trolls, think we, regular forumers, are no-lifers and pass all our free time on these forums. What they don't know is that phones are awesome nowadays and we can type a post or answer a thread while talking or having fun with friends or in class when your bored and don't feel like getting detention that day (by typing while chatting with friends I was obviously exagerating but idk it could happen :D).

Forums are a place where peolle get helped, can discuss about a patch, event or issue. Clans can recruit memebers, players can talk together and discuss about Off Topic things (there's a section for that but I've noticed we often go off topic in regular threads...).

MODs close threads because the thread is made against the rules like hack reports/complain threads... They also close posts on OPs request or because it's go way off topic or it has became a flame war or the thread was answered and has no reason to stay open amymore.

You don't like the forums? Nobody told you to come here. You know where the door is (actualy it's a cross but w/e).
  • Trolling is an art, most people don't know the true grasp of it nor are very creative with it. I'm not versed in it either, but I see where skilled trolls rule. However, skilled or not, trolling isn't allowed here period.

I've seen some mature younger players, but the vast majority of kids are such. Like I said there are exceptions to every rule.

I could teach you the art of trolling if you wanted.
  • Trolling is an art, most people don't know the true grasp of it nor are very creative with it. I'm not versed in it either, but I see where skilled trolls rule. However, skilled or not, trolling isn't allowed here period.

MoD. I have a serious question.

We know there are lots of hackers.
    I want to report them.
    But I have to review the replay before report, otherwise, you will have lots to review.
    The replay system can not fast forward and backward, and we have to type names.
    AND IT OCCASSIOINLY CRASH DURING REPLAY. Sometimes it says game client error, report? The OS can still recover. But sometimes it throws "MFC client meet a problem and has to shut down." Then I can only depend on the power button.
    While, some of carefully selected replay still get denied.
    AND I AM NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS THE ISSUE, NEITHER AM I SUGGESTED TO SEND THE REPORT AGAIN.

Here is the problem. You don't want the hacker to be discussed here, fine. But provide some improvement to control hackers. If there is no working method applied, why do you expect no one to complain it.

So here is a screenshot form the replay, tell me if I made mistake it is not a hacker. If you want to debate, I can upload the whole replay. The player use more than one hacks, he go through block 3 times -- fell through the roof, went inside the humvee, and walking into the box, he also use auto aim and one shot kill.

34pl1es.jpg

So Saidin said please report, MoD said go report and don't complain, can you just tell me the point to report? Why I waste my time to carefully review it? Maybe just submit the replay and let you find out? Or just don't bother to report it.

Hack is a common problem in fps, and hack is not pleasant topic in the forum. Whatever, player just need some improvement on the issue.
  • ...Lastly, you forget that the age group tends to lean from 13 year olds and up right? You can't always expect top notch maturity.

That sometimes gets on my nerves... just the immaturity around here...

reminds me of those threads on discussion of SPOP or STAR
    doopvVv wrote: »
    I could teach you the art of trolling if you wanted.

I see what you did thar... :D
  • GhostArch wrote: »
    MoD. I have a serious question.

We know there are lots of hackers.
    I want to report them.
    But I have to review the replay before report, otherwise, you will have lots to review.
    The replay system can not fast forward and backward, and we have to type names.
    AND IT OCCASSIOINLY CRASH DURING REPLAY. Sometimes it says game client error, report? The OS can still recover. But sometimes it throws "MFC client meet a problem and has to shut down." Then I can only depend on the power button.
    While, some of carefully selected replay still get denied.
    AND I AM NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS THE ISSUE, NEITHER AM I SUGGESTED TO SEND THE REPORT AGAIN.

Here is the problem. You don't want the hacker to be discussed here, fine. But provide some improvement to control hackers. If there is no working method applied, why do you expect no one to complain it.

So here is a screenshot form the replay, tell me if I made mistake it is not a hacker. If you want to debate, I can upload the whole replay. The player use more than one hacks, he go through block 3 times -- fell through the roof, went inside the humvee, and walking into the box, he also use auto aim and one shot kill.

So Saidin said please report, MoD said go report and don't complain, can you just tell me the point to report? Why I waste my time to carefully review it? Maybe just submit the replay and let you find out? Or just don't bother to report it.

Hack is a common problem in fps, and hack is not pleasant topic in the forum. Whatever, player just need some improvement on the issue.

The problem with screen shots is that they hardly give any evidence to any actual hacking, this is why we request you send us replays. Even if you do review them, we have to review them regardless just to make sure because we can't just assume by the other player's word, hope you understand that.

However, you can talk about issues with the replay system, thats fine, as we all know improvements on that would save time for all of us. But posting screenshots and pointing out hackers on the forum is something you cannot do unfortunately.

If you have trouble reviewing certian replays, but are confident they are hacking regardless, send it in. We do look at them and then determine such, so its never in vain if you still report. After all, if no one reports, then the hackers never get caught.
  • Kelathe could you ask what's up with the replay and if they are working on adding the forward/backward function? That would help thim to deal with replays.
  • for reasons like having ur thread here. no forum = no threads = no community
  • The problem with screen shots is that they hardly give any evidence to any actual hacking, this is why we request you send us replays. Even if you do review them, we have to review them regardless just to make sure because we can't just assume by the other player's word, hope you understand that.

However, you can talk about issues with the replay system, thats fine, as we all know improvements on that would save time for all of us. But posting screenshots and pointing out hackers on the forum is something you cannot do unfortunately.

If you have trouble reviewing certian replays, but are confident they are hacking regardless, send it in. We do look at them and then determine such, so its never in vain if you still report. After all, if no one reports, then the hackers never get caught.

Thanks for the reply. What I did send is the replay. If you play the fortress a lot, you will know that position is inside box. I have asked before, some MoD said I was not supposed to send the same replay again.

BUT WATCH THE REPLAY BY YOURSELF, AND I KNOW WHEN HE START THE HACK THE WALK THROUGH THE WALLS --- HE PAUSED ON THE LADDER, THEN GO UP AND FALL THROUGH THE ROOF.... HE HAS BEEN KILLED INSIDE HUMVEE (great we can see leg), AND HE SHOOT FROM BOX.

AND HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO GET INTO THE BOX. THE OTHER ONE DON'T MAKE MANY KILLS AND IS JUST NORMAL GLITCH.

When I finished uploading to a public host, I will post the download link of the replay. Any forumer can comment it.

And I can post the tickets I have. You can check if he is still playing.

BTW, did you change your IGN from Kelathe? YOUR AVATAR are similar.
    Thanks for the reply. What I did send is the replay. If you play the fortress a lot, you will know that position is inside box. I have asked before, some MoD said I was not supposed to send the same replay again.

BUT WATCH THE REPLAY BY YOURSELF, AND I KNOW WHEN HE START THE HACK THE WALK THROUGH THE WALLS --- HE PAUSED ON THE LADDER, THEN GO UP AND FALL THROUGH THE ROOF.... HE HAS BEEN KILLED INSIDE HUMVEE (great we can see leg), AND HE SHOOT FROM BOX.

AND HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO GET INTO THE BOX. THE OTHER ONE DON'T MAKE MANY KILLS AND IS JUST NORMAL GLITCH.

When I finished uploading to a public host, I will post the download link of the replay. Any forumer can comment it.

And I can post the tickets I have. You can check if he is still playing.

BTW, did you change your IGN from Kelathe? YOUR AVATAR are similar.

You should send the same replay twice of the same person, but if its different just do so to report them. But thank you for reporting, makes our job much better.

However, I will have to note that sharing the link of any hack reports is not permitted here unfortunately, those are the rules, please abide by them.

Also yes, I was Kelathe, but Talonblaze is my common alias for most things I enroll in. My gameplay name was Talonblaze and i had my forum one changed to match it so it was recognizable.
  • You should send the same replay twice of the same person, but if its different just do so to report them. But thank you for reporting, makes our job much better.

However, I will have to note that sharing the link of any hack reports is not permitted here unfortunately, those are the rules, please abide by them.

Do u mean I should NOT send the same replay twice?

I have only 1 replay with this guy to prove he was hacking. That is what I submitted, the case is closed almost two weeks, and the player is still active till 3/28. Sorry I am not sure if he just decide to get new hack or is banned. Another one with aimbot is still 2011-03-27, they are reported the same time. If you can confirm the ban, I would not bother to send or argue again.

And when I look into my saved replays for 2 cheese bar hacking in opponent side in the same game (I have posted that our hacker was beaten by theirs), I found too many replay saved, I find almost the majority of hackers are lower rank. If I report them two years later when they got their silver bar, would you ban them if they don't cheat any more?

Anyway, I found it is hard to tell a 1-shot-killer in the replay. In the game you heard 1 gun shot and find your hp drop from 100 to 0, in replay, you see they shot several times, but you don't know if they missed or not. There is no hp shown in replay, it is ideally to show the damage caused by each shot, and the interval between the shot.

I think I would only report players who has bars. Otherwise, it will take too many time to review and fill report.

And could you help to confirm if players are banned, because to know they are still playing makes me headache. 1 year earlier I don't care because there are fewer hackers.
    Do u mean I should NOT send the same replay twice?

I have only 1 replay with this guy to prove he was hacking. That is what I submitted, the case is closed almost two weeks, and the player is still active till 3/28. Sorry I am not sure if he just decide to get new hack or is banned. Another one with aimbot is still 2011-03-27, they are reported the same time. If you can confirm the ban, I would not bother to send or argue again.

And when I look into my saved replays for 2 cheese bar hacking in opponent side in the same game (I have posted that our hacker was beaten by theirs), I found too many replay saved, I find almost the majority of hackers are lower rank. If I report them two years later when they got their silver bar, would you ban them if they don't cheat any more?

Anyway, I found it is hard to tell a 1-shot-killer in the replay. In the game you heard 1 gun shot and find your hp drop from 100 to 0, in replay, you see they shot several times, but you don't know if they missed or not. There is no hp shown in replay, it is ideally to show the damage caused by each shot, and the interval between the shot.

I think I would only report players who has bars. Otherwise, it will take too many time to review and fill report.

And could you help to confirm if players are banned, because to know they are still playing makes me headache. 1 year earlier I don't care because there are fewer hackers.

I meant 'not', yeah. Do not send duplicates.
    We can usually tell when someone is one shotting, its usually harder yes, but its possible. So not to worry there.
    We always ban players that hack, either if they did so in the past or present, they still hacked.

Also fyi, all hack reports get closed, this is basically an indication that its being looked after.

Anyways closing this topic now that its dead and getting off its original track.
This discussion has been closed.