IP ban?

I used to be a mod of some games and forums once, got to ask you one thing - I know thousands of people asked you already.

Why don't you mod (hope you read my topic) start banning people by IP ban?
If it is for money, I'm sure no kid with money will ever spend them if hacking.

Oh and there is a bloody forum out there which is purposedly meant to spread hacks to noobs, can't you talk (loljk, something like that - cut their pets' heads) to them and manage to agree that no more hack for CF will be published?
Or anything like that, so many friends of mine refuse to join CF because of the hackers. I just don't quit playing because I've spent real money in this game.

Please consider being stricter with hackers, they do deserve the fabled IP ban.

Comments

• i totally agree with your idea. I think you should post/link this thread in suggestion section.
  • they should be IP banned but z8 is greedy
    obviously , they just want money . -.- they probably dont even want their game to be better .
  • obviously , they just want money . -.- they probably dont even want their game to be better .

waT_-
  • I know they want money (you know, so many servers cost a lot to keep - not being sarcastic), but for God's sake, keep the game to PLAYABLE levels. There are so many hackers (fault of the antihack system, which isn't the worst after all, have you ever played WR? It sucks hard), the kick system has got to be tweaked, and the new weapons shouldn't be ZP +5 ammo re-skins only.
    What I don't undestand is WHY the hell they just don't IP ban people. Announcing the new ban system would make the hacker number decrease before actually banning.
    That's the thing. Banning is nothing. Hackers don't care about their level or K/D ratio, so why banning them when they can easily make another account and start hacking again?

The only solution I see is making the ban permanent (I'm no nazi).

What YOU can do is to support this thread until someone finally reads it (I mean the mods).
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    we do issue ip bans

Exactly. Nobody pays attention to you MODs anymore.
    we do issue ip bans

im pretty sure u guys dont but W/E bypassing ip ban isnt that hard
    we do issue ip bans

Really? I thought you didn't; then you should do it for all the hackers, maybe not for glitchers (you know, everyone tried once at least).
  • 2FraGz wrote: »
    im pretty sure u guys dont but W/E bypassing ip ban isnt that hard

its not like what you believe matters as you're not nearly as informed as i am (well, since my reply you should be, but you choose to be ignorant)

so yeah.
    We do IP ban, but its not anywhere close to a guarantee that a cheater won't return.

IP banning is not a first step as far as I know, but it all depends on the situation.
    Most cheaters are caught by the automatic system which doesn't issue IP bans, but in return issues consecutive bans as soon as the cheater returns and keeps cheating.
    Most cheaters are caught by the automatic system which doesn't issue IP bans, but in return issues consecutive bans as soon as the cheater returns and keeps cheating.

Which is fair, because I once had some problems when internet connection came and went and CF said: Hack Tool Found or something like that.
    I'm saying you could track all the bans the antihack system issues and consider IP banning the players. I bet HGW tracks the IPs.
    its not like what you believe matters as you're not nearly as informed as i am (well, since my reply you should be, but you choose to be ignorant)

so yeah.
    We do IP ban, but its not anywhere close to a guarantee that a cheater won't return.

IP banning is not a first step as far as I know, but it all depends on the situation.

eiste_001 go look him up , i reported him 3X 6month ago he was obivous 1 shot kill hacking in a scrim , now u tell me what z8 does beside making more pink guns hats and bags instead of fixing map bugs that around 1 year or even longer , or the smoke fps drops or what about the minimap bug on factory ? i know 90% of people that play crossfire doesnt use it but i do . I enjoy playing this game but Z8 admins are **** and stupid and its again prooved in lastes patch.
    we do issue ip bans

^ this. a lot of people don't know that.
  • Heh they've been doing IP bans for along time i think.

k0lby anyone?
  • 2FraGz wrote: »
    eiste_001 go look him up , i reported him 3X 6month ago he was obivous 1 shot kill hacking in a scrim , now u tell me what z8 does beside making more pink guns hats and bags instead of fixing map bugs that around 1 year or even longer , or the smoke fps drops or what about the minimap bug on factory ? i know 90% of people that play crossfire doesnt use it but i do . I enjoy playing this game but Z8 admins are **** and stupid and its again prooved in lastes patch.
    report again. his loss of honorable soldier ribbon indicates that he was in fact banned, but he might have been banned via the automatic system.

pssst, replays don't have timestamps and we don't decide what goes in to this game.
    also: 7945% of all statistics on the internets are false.
  • I know a guy who been baned for hacking , but cause he buy ZP ,z8games GM asked him to pay 50,000ZP and get his account back , and he did.

Other hacker i reported Just say he hack in room & they will not ban him cause he recharge much zp & z8games think of money.

Today i asked some people in room to help me report someone then 2 people says : Why reporting ! z8games bans no one.

The funny thing is i used to recharge zp before & a lot of friends too , but we stops since there is many hackers since Nov/2010 & some of them stoped playing this game for a while.

The newest patch got all kind of hacks except speed hack... They always saying we are fighing hackers... GM clan is inactive ! I reported many people who walked though walls , still they didn't get baned.

IP Ban is a great idea if z8games want people to TRUST GM , more people will start to think twice about using hacks meanwhile it is unfair for intercafe ....

I suggest a 1 Month IP Ban & Truely Account Ban , Not just ask for 50,000ZP to get back the account , thats lame, It will be fair for other players who played this game since beta.

so yeah.

i stoped buying into most yalls bs when the ban list went down everyone knows it's all about the money now thats why almost everything in the last 3 patches have been for zp or temp for 7 day zp theres no need to take up for greedy boss men. When it shows clear as day. The day Z8 shows they care about there players and less about filling there damn pockets will be the day i say i have respect for them.

thank you
    athrun

p.s. hacks? Don't even wanna start everyone knows whats thats like.
  • Athrun666 you own almost all the weapons a human being is able to buy in the bloody game. And you talk about respect and economical interest of the GMs.
    THAT'S NOT what I wanted you to talk about.

Complaints about the game being rubbish are to be made into a different topic, please.

IP bans are going to be discussed here.
  • i totally agree with your idea. I think you should post/link this thread in suggestion section.
  • IP bans are issued. There are plenty of ways around an IP ban.

Also, going to a hack site and saying "please guys can you stop making hacks" doesn't work.

There are plenty of things going on in the background that I'm not allowed to talk about. Suffice to say not only do we track the hacks and report them to devs/x-trap. We also issue bans (ip and otherwise) and work on other avenues in the anti-hacking situation.
  • Lol, they do issue IP Bans, but don't you guys forget how ridiculously easy it is to change your IP, so stop asking for IP bans, it's not going to work guys.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    IP bans are issued. There are plenty of ways around an IP ban.

Also, going to a hack site and saying "please guys can you stop making hacks" doesn't work.

I've been saying it for awhile but you could just sue them or take legal actions against them. Honestly, it is a criminal act since you guys already copy right this game.
  • U ARE RITE !!!
    all time the user hack back
  • lmao, I can change my IP in less time that it takes me to take a dump. IP banning wont do that much.

putting a tag in the registry of the hackers computer would be a step up from IP banning, however with a little more skill, and a little more time, even that can be changed.

i dont know what measures Z8 takes to prevent people from gaining access to the code, but even a really hard core encryption is not that difficult to break.

there are also legal reasons that make it so that z8 cannot record / watch various parts of a computer to detect hacks.

now if some people who cared about the game really wanted to reduce the number of hacks they could

<suggest things of questionable legality>
    run various attacks on hacking web sites.
    SQL injection comes to mind as well as a request overload attack.
    these would drastically reduce the viability of the method for distributing hacks
    </suggest things of questionable legality>

to conclude, an IP ban is not worth that much.
  • R0Di wrote: »
    I've been saying it for awhile but you could just sue them or take legal actions against them. Honestly, it is a criminal act since you guys already copy right this game.

Sue 1, and 3 more will pop up to take it's place. Won't stop anything.
  • G2Wolf wrote: »
    Sue 1, and 3 more will pop up to take it's place. Won't stop anything.

Sue 1, 3 more pop up, sue those 3 too then. I don't get your point. It's a serious crime and you could lose a lot of money, talking bout the hundreds of thousands, could possibly face some jail time too. I'm not too sure people would risk hacking a game and go to jail. If they get serious about taking people to court, people will eventually back off. A gaming company I will not name did it, and it worked.
    Sue 1, 3 more pop up, sue those 3 too then. I don't get your point. It's a serious crime and you could lose a lot of money, talking bout the hundreds of thousands, could possibly face some jail time too. I'm not too sure people would risk hacking a game and go to jail. If they get serious about taking people to court, people will eventually back off. A company I will not name did it, and it worked.
    Because you're talking months and month of times spent arguing in court, and you'll take down a website and maybe 1-2 guys. You want to pay the court fees and attorney fees for that?
  • lmao, there is nothing illegal about writing hacks. there is a lot of stuff that can be done, that the politicians dont know about, that is not technically illegal.
  • I_A_M wrote: »
    lmao, there is nothing illegal about writing hacks. there is a lot of stuff that can be done, that the politicians dont know about, that is not technically illegal.

Ha, you obviously don't know the world of hacking/hackers. People make pub hacks, for free. Then there are those who make a tremendous set of hacks, and sell them, for money. Doing so is a infraction of the Crossfire/Z8's agreement and copy right because the game does not belong to them.
    Ha, you obviously don't know the world of hacking/hackers. People make pub hacks, for free. Then there are those who make a tremendous set of hacks, and sell them, for money. Doing so is a infraction of the Crossfire/Z8's agreement and copy right because the game does not belong to them.

ha, you obviously dont know about anything either.

steroids, not illegal
    cutting weight via going in saunas, not illegal
    using football cleats to play soccor, not illegal
    cheating on a school test, not illegal
    cheating on the SAT, not illegal
    Cheating on the ACT, not illegal

Notice a trend?

CHEATING IS NOT ILLEGAL!!!!

cheating, or helping other people cheat, has never been, will never be, and is not illegal.