Gp gun diversity

hey i had an idea that would maybe reduce the number of people with the same gun. its no fun to go into a pub and see 13/16 people with m12s or scar light

my idea is this:

instead of having a fixed amount of GP for every gp weapon, make it fluctuate in a Supply/demand fashon.

so instead of an m4a1 costing (43,000) gp it would cost

(43,000 +((% of people with M4A1)-(a constant, z8 can decide what to make it fair))*(43,000))

this way, a super rare gun, like TAR, will go down in price. and super common guns, like m4, ak, scar, m12, will go up in price. i think it would be good to have guns fluctuate between doubling in cost, and being half as costly.

we sure would see a lot more of the rarer guns. and this would set up new players with rare, better guns.

Comments

  • it isn´t clear what u want to say
    but thumbs up
  • KenpaKenpa Beginner
    I_A_M wrote: »
    hey i had an idea that would maybe reduce the number of people with the same gun. its no fun to go into a pub and see 13/16 people with m12s or scar light

    my idea is this:

    instead of having a fixed amount of GP for every gp weapon, make it fluctuate in a Supply/demand fashon.

    so instead of an m4a1 costing (43,000) gp it would cost

    (43,000 +((% of people with M4A1)-(a constant, z8 can decide what to make it fair))*(43,000))

    this way, a super rare gun, like TAR, will go down in price. and super common guns, like m4, ak, scar, m12, will go up in price. i think it would be good to have guns fluctuate between doubling in cost, and being half as costly.

    we sure would see a lot more of the rarer guns. and this would set up new players with rare, better guns.
    Oo
    crazy idea
    why common guns has a up price and ssuper rare has a low price?
  • I_A_MI_A_M Worthy
    Kenpa wrote: »
    Oo
    crazy idea
    why common guns has a up price and ssuper rare has a low price?

    because it gives a greater diversity to the game. it will also make strategies and methods for unknown and under utilized weapons. example: the TAR21, this is a beast gun, that nobody uses. primarily because it is 50,000 gp, and also because nobody see's it in game.
  • I've been in other games that use this system, and it's pretty effective.
    I'd also like to see a decrease in prices for certain guns, not to mention the fact it'd help newbies buy a decent starter gun.

    +1
  • It's a good idea, except for one thing...

    About what, 65-70% of CF owns an M4? That's a huge price gain. Not to shoot down an idea, it would be great, but it might be a bad idea in that people who bought a pistol first and wanted to wait for the M4 (for whatever reason), would end up getting pooped over because the M4 would spike in price.

    Really, it's a case of inital spike versus over-time evening out.

    Just some thoughts - Not +1 or -1.

    ~M6o
  • xCovertxCovert Holy Mage
    This could work. This way, when more people buy noob weapons such as m12s, the price increases so no one else wants to buy it.
    Bad part: If no one wants to buy it, then only a certain few have the gun, which leads to more complaining by the people that don't have the gun.
    Just make CF more like CSS. Buy weps at the beggining of the round, or something
  • Oho! Bringing economics into CF now? I like this idea on how prices rise according to demand, but make it so that normal prices we have now only apply to Trainee's up to Sergeant. So when the player reaches Staff Sergeant that's when prices start getting complicated.
  • sCovert wrote: »
    Just make CF more like CSS. Buy weps at the beggining of the round, or something

    I was thinking this, but instead, we choose a weapon from our storage, at the beginning of each round.
Sign In or Register to comment.