Is this the Ban system or a bug ?

I have noticed while playing HM today something really cool happens . In the 3 hours was playing HM i saw around 5 hackers appearing. Each of them joined and started by multikilling a few mutants.Then all of them instantly disconnected from the room and never came back.

I was wondering if this is down to two possibilities.

Is it
A: From what i have been reading you disconnect if you shoot 2 mutants or more in quick succession and you get disconnected.

Or

B: what i really hope for is that its the Automated detection systems kicking in and instantly disconnecting and banning them.

If it is down to the first (A) then i would hope that Z8 don't fix this bug because i would rather be careful not to kill 2mutants and see all multikill hack's instantly disappear.Its a price well worth paying.

Comments

• I hope that now this thread actually appears at right time not on page 3 of threads.
  • hmmm im not sure about this but i hope to see more on this issue
  • I think it's fail coding of hack's as usuall
  • Nevertheless was very amusing seeing them appear kill a few mutants then 1 second later they were gone ..... for good.
  • Maybe there is a MoD who is working behind the autoban system. A MoD joined your room and find the hackers, and called GM to turn on the autoban on the hackers, and boom, they are banned :)
  • If this is a bug, lets keep it.

If it is not.

Then good job on the anti-hack system.
  • If this is a bug, lets keep it.

If it is not.

Then good job on the anti-hack system.

Exactly what i think.
  • Its more than likely the AutoBan system. To my understanding it detects the newer hacks. Cant confirm though
  • Its more than likely the AutoBan system. To my understanding it detects the newer hacks. Cant confirm though

I notice that too... Today 1 hacker keeps getting kicked after 1 shotting 2 muntents and getting kicked, BUT he keep joining the room, OMG.. (I hate when people are doing that, the hackers just never give up!)

But: :)

Keep up the good work guys! I been waiting this to happen since the x-mas of 2010. (Remember back when, you can't play a game without someone 1 shoting and walling?)

Hopefully in a "few" weeks, you can make the autoban system fully working.
    Like: When you are 1 shoting muntents, you are immediatly kicked out of the game and the game exits by itself, and you can no longer make new accounts.

I have one idea that you should take into consideration.. hire some white hat hackers and analize the major flaws of the game, and they can fix it.
    My friend works at Punkbuster and he does these things in a daily basis, and a few online games I play are hack free because of the white hat hackers on duty.

Thank you for your time!
    /pray for Japan!
  • i have seen it happen also:
    Mall HM game, one hacker was killing mutants with p228, after the 3rd kill he "left" the game, hacker joins game but right after the joining message he leaves the game right after.

Nice system we are having, hope it can span out to other modes.
  • dual1020 wrote: »
    i have seen it happen also:
    Mall HM game, one hacker was killing mutants with p228, after the 3rd kill he "left" the game, hacker joins game but right after the joining message he leaves the game right after.

Nice system we are having, hope it can span out to other modes.

Thank god I'm not the only person that thinks so, cause I told my friends and they thought I was high.
    Hopefully it will add to other modes like S&D because I saw a few 1 shoters aleady today, conserding it's the 2nd day after the patch.
  • Thank god I'm not the only person that thinks so, cause I told my friends and they thought I was high.
    Hopefully it will add to other modes like S&D because I saw a few 1 shoters aleady today, conserding it's the 2nd day after the patch.

But maybe on s&d this detection or bug wouldn't work because its within reason that somebody could genuinely get 2,3 or more kills very quickly without hacking.

As any HM/MM player knows its very difficult to get multikills when you play fair.Although it can happen for example when mutants are rushing the cage on excavation and you are lucky enough to get last hits on a few mutants.

I will play again later today and when hack appears i'll take a screenshot so i remember their IGN then have a look at their profile to see if they still have honourable ribbon later.

Fingers crossed.
  • I heard OneHitKilling more than 3 mutants causes Client error.
  • I think coding an anti hack system which would kik you whenbyou do something abnormal shouldn't be hard (aimbott couldn't be included nor could chams nor could no recoil and no spray... But no reload, one hit, instant defuse, ... Could).

And why not add a rule against blockers. Like they could make an announcement in game and abpost here.

Announcement: "Blocking in MM/HM will get you banned. Report on sight"

That way MM/HM would be more fun.

Oh or maybe not. Glitching is banable but people still do the box thing on exvacation.
  • apqlwma wrote: »
    I think coding an anti hack system which would kik you whenbyou do something abnormal shouldn't be hard (aimbott couldn't be included nor could chams nor could no recoil and no spray... But no reload, one hit, instant defuse, ... Could).

And why not add a rule against blockers. Like they could make an announcement in game and abpost here.

Announcement: "Blocking in MM/HM will get you banned. Report on sight"

That way MM/HM would be more fun.

Oh or maybe not. Glitching is banable but people still do the box thing on exvacation.

push another mutant into the box
  • Fail coding of hack I suppose, the Auto ban system bans if a hacker logs out.
    Dunno if Xtrap has patched since the patch..
  • Trollwut wrote: »
    push another mutant into the box

I just corner glitch it myself as a mutant and own the noob. As for when a guy is getting blocked in the big stone eidifice (you know there's two gaps at the front two at the back, they ifen block at the back) I just corner glitch it and kill them from behind (hard to glitch though).

I always wondered if by doing amy of those for good purposes could make me get banned.

I need a GM or MODs help on this. Because technicly I was helping and glitchingbis hannable because it ruins the game for others.
  • fFaceh wrote: »
    Fail coding of hack I suppose, the Auto ban system bans if a hacker logs out.
    Dunno if Xtrap has patched since the patch..

(X-trap) Yes they did, I think at the 2nd day after the patch.

I don't think it's a fail coding of hacks.. cause my friend wanted to test out the new auto ban system, so he tried 1 shoting 2 muntents and he was kick out of the game and auto quit the game.
    So we know it's working...
    My friend is happy and I'm happy.. for now. (Finally can play HM now, kinda hack free)
    I remember yesterday that MOD-Giggletron told us that it detects new hacks, not the old ones. Eventually the old hacks will be patched and we are all set.

I have an idea:
    When people are making accounts, they can only make one! That will decrease the hackers.. (Like 1 account per ip)
  • I notice that too... Today 1 hacker keeps getting kicked after 1 shotting 2 muntents and getting kicked, BUT he keep joining the room, OMG.. (I hate when people are doing that, the hackers just never give up!)

But: :)

Keep up the good work guys! I been waiting this to happen since the x-mas of 2010. (Remember back when, you can't play a game without someone 1 shoting and walling?)

Hopefully in a "few" weeks, you can make the autoban system fully working.
    Like: When you are 1 shoting muntents, you are immediatly kicked out of the game and the game exits by itself, and you can no longer make new accounts.

I have one idea that you should take into consideration.. hire some white hat hackers and analize the major flaws of the game, and they can fix it.
    My friend works at Punkbuster and he does these things in a daily basis, and a few online games I play are hack free because of the white hat hackers on duty.

Thank you for your time!
    /pray for Japan!

Lol.....

It's probably just that people let them DC

It's really easy to DC a hackur

You just need heromode launcher or the new spring nade
    you nade with on those things and the will dc to the lobby

The nade's needs to be close to them!
  • Station22 wrote: »
    But maybe on s&d this detection or bug wouldn't work because its within reason that somebody could genuinely get 2,3 or more kills very quickly without hacking.

As any HM/MM player knows its very difficult to get multikills when you play fair.Although it can happen for example when mutants are rushing the cage on excavation and you are lucky enough to get last hits on a few mutants.

I will play again later today and when hack appears i'll take a screenshot so i remember their IGN then have a look at their profile to see if they still have honourable ribbon later.

Fingers crossed.

I know, the last time I got a multikill is 2 weeks ago. And that was a 3 kill streak. When there was 9 people camping at the cage, plus consering that our power was 40%.

S&D - I didn't thought of that, yes I guess it wouldn't work. But I would only work for if the hackers are glicthing and/or 1 shoting people though walls.
    I think I'll do that too, I'll take a screenshot too of the hacker, when they get kicked after the 2nd kill.

We really need this thread to be at the top, and hopefully it's a sticky, cause this is a really good conversion and topic we are having..
    /Pray for Japan
  • Lol.....

It's probably just that people let them DC

It's really easy to DC a hackur

You just need heromode launcher or the new spring nade
    you nade with on those things and the will dc to the lobby

The nade's needs to be close to them!

Not sure you quite understand the thread.

At the moment its not necessary(Also impossible as they disconnect instantly anyway) to ZP nade hacks. Because immediately when i have noticed a hack appear and multikilling some mutants he is disconnected. I witnessed this happen about 5 times yesterday.

I did not see one hack appear and stay in the game.It would be nice if we could get some official confirmation that it is indeed the autoban system forcing these disconnections.

So i hope this continues because at moment its very enjoyable playing Hero Mode. Playing the mode like it was mean't to be played. On a level playing field. For this i congratulate Z8.

Would also be interesting to hear from people who have made some legitimate multikills on HM since the patch and to know if they too have been disconnected. Has anyone stayed online after a multikill?
  • Station22 wrote: »
    Not sure you quite understand the thread.

At the moment its not necessary(Also impossible as they disconnect instantly anyway) to ZP nade hacks. Because immediately when i have noticed a hack appear and multikilling some mutants he is disconnected. I witnessed this happen about 5 times yesterday.

I did not see one hack appear and stay in the game.It would be nice if we could get some official confirmation that it is indeed the autoban system forcing these disconnections.

So i hope this continues because at moment its very enjoyable playing Hero Mode. Playing the mode like it was mean't to be played. On a level playing field. For this i congratulate Z8.

Yes me too, I notice that too. If you are the hero and the hackers are muntents if you use the nade launcher, and lunch to the hacker then they are dead, in 1 shot. That's a flaw of the hack, but who care's right?

Could you please tell me if you seen any hackers so far today? I'll be playing later today, when I finish my business plan.
    (I'm opening my own computer repair business, there's only 3 in Brantford, Canada revenue agency is giving me $3000 grant, it's a program that the government is running this year. You have to be 16 in order to do it)

Later: I'll be playing and taking some screenshot of hackers being kick and posting them here...
    /Pray for Japan
  • Yes me too, I notice that too. If you are the hero and the hackers are muntents if you use the nade launcher, and lunch to the hacker then they are dead, in 1 shot. That's a flaw of the hack, but who care's right?

Could you please tell me if you seen any hackers so far today? I'll be playing later today, when I finish my business plan.
    (I'm opening my own computer repair business, there's only 3 in Brantford, Canada revenue agency is giving me $3000 grant, it's a program that the government is running this year. You have to be 16 in order to do it)

Later: I'll be playing and taking some screenshot of hackers being kick and posting them here...
    /Pray for Japan

I wouldn't go posting hackusations on forums it could lead to an infraction(unless you hide their IGN i suppose) as its not allowed.