[WIP] Like the old Mission Button?

crossfire201103240000.png

Now you can! Here is a small quick fix thats a work in progress, but the M icon button is back in place when you copy the files in the right places from the link provided.

Also, if anyone could help me locate the string of code to move the progress bars it would be a ton of help, its the only real setback of the ordeal. I can situate it so it all lines up, but then the popup would overlay the button upon hovering and I don't find thats ideal.

Instructions:
Copy
Lobby_MissionInfo_Base_New
Lobby_MissionInfo_Gauge_New
To: ...Z8Games\CrossFire\rez\UI\Scripts\Lobby

Copy
Room_BaseNew
To: ...Z8Games\CrossFire\rez\UI\Scripts\Room

Copy
Mission_Down
Mission_Focus
Mission_LED
Mission_Up
To: ...\Z8Games\CrossFire\rez\UI\UI_Lobby

http://www.mediafire.com/?j2i7v08uqpf05fg

I personally prefer this button over the new one, the M beside all the others was quite convenient and easy to hover over, so it was quite an easysore to see that orange er... thing. Hoping to get some of this small issues fixed to keep it going strong!

Also yes, all the functions of the 'new' button work with the replacement, so your not missing anything.

*note changing game files beyond what they are supposed to be may result in unexpected outcomes and may not be supported by z8games.*

Comments

• I'll do this when I get home, I hate the new mission button.
  • I'll do this when I get home, I hate the new mission button.

same, but i'll just leave it as it is cuz im lazy as f*ck.
  • eLChRisK wrote: »
    i thoght this was illegal!

just changing your user interface is okay, so long as everything in game doesn't give you an advantage. That DOESN'T include kill marks and sound effects, as it only affects you.
    So no programs that help you shoot 24 bullets/sec please.

I hate the misplaced orange thing more than the new button place for some reason. (btw, MOD-you changed your name? I thought it was Kelathane or something like that O_O)
  • eLChRisK wrote: »
    i thoght this was illegal!
    just changing your user interface is okay, so long as everything in game doesn't give you an advantage. That DOESN'T include kill marks and sound effects, as it only affects you.
    So no programs that help you shoot 24 bullets/sec please.

I hate the misplaced orange thing more than the new button place for some reason. (btw, MOD-you changed your name? I thought it was Kelathane or something like that O_O)

As noted, its not illegal, I didn't have to go into the REZ files to make this change, its all in the scripts section.

@Kryxis - Heh I know, it bothers me as well, trying to fix it. I CAN actually get the menu to line up properly by moving stuff again, but the menu would overlap the mission button visually rather than be beside it like it is now. As said, trying to move the damn orange bars, not easy apparently.

(Yeah, it was Kelathe, but I changed it to my actually known name, both outside here and its my IGN.)
  • As noted, its not illegal, I didn't have to go into the REZ files to make this change, its all in the scripts section.

@Kryxis - Heh I know, it bothers me as well, trying to fix it. I CAN actually get the menu to line up properly by moving stuff again, but the menu would overlap the mission button visually rather than be beside it like it is now. As said, trying to move the damn orange bars, not easy apparently.

(Yeah, it was Kelathe, but I changed it to my actually known name, both outside here and its my IGN.)

(your real name is Talonblaze...O_o)

I remember in certain lobbies, the orange things would NEVER line up, especially after a UI mod.
  • (your real name is Talonblaze...O_o)

I remember in certain lobbies, the orange things would NEVER line up, especially after a UI mod.

(Well not 'real' real. but its my original name. for the net.)

Hrm, so it might not be my coding? just some glitch? Regardless, still gonna look it up somehow. I had an alternative of just removing the orange bars, but that defeats the purpose of showing the progress bars.

lol maybe i'll be able to figure it out, most of it was easy keywords. you can easily change the entire interface of CF if one wants to.
  • The new button isn't too bad but I'm too lazy!
  • (Well not 'real' real. but its my original name. for the net.)

Hrm, so it might not be my coding? just some glitch? Regardless, still gonna look it up somehow. I had an alternative of just removing the orange bars, but that defeats the purpose of showing the progress bars.

lol maybe i'll be able to figure it out, most of it was easy keywords. you can easily change the entire interface of CF if one wants to.

what if you just display the numbers? I remember they implemented on the on screen display ingame where you have 40 kills in GM, and it now shows you how many kills you got so far. I think they display the numbers in the ingame, but there's no bars there O_o.
  • ROFLwhat wrote: »
    same, but i'll just leave it as it is cuz im lazy as f*ck.

lol yea i would and all but im too lazy too i liked the old way the mission was and now the profile is only in storage?
  • or you just change the files so the button doesn't flash.
    112232468-3.jpg
    ajaja.