Does rank matter?

fFacepalm wrote: »
Rank means nothing.

this ^

i used to play F.E.A.R Combat / Sniper elite / Vietcong / CS and many other FPS games, now to be honest, you can't be really good in CF even if you had experience in any other game, cause every single game on this earth is different..nuff said

my post is above the main post .. why 0,0 !!!!!

Comments

• Does rank matter?

MilkMuzta's theory: "Rank doesn't matter. A trainee playing crossfire could've been some kid playing CS or CA for 6 years and maybe being in a winning WOGL team. Some low ranked sergeants could take on top players and could come close to beating them or maybe even beat them. Even though you get better through the ranks, there are still some 1st LT's that have no gamesense and can't play to save their life.

SirFarEast's theory: "Rank does matter. A trainee could be a farmer or a hacker supposedly, not a skilled player. Most Lt's and Butter Bars are pro like Light. and Dark. And CS and CA aren't the same thing as crossfire. If you're good at CA or CS doesn't mean you'll be pro in crossfire... Skill comes from experience of the game.
  • While some skill does come from experience, a lot of skill also comes from natural ability aka talent.

A trainee might have more skill than a captain because the trainee's skill from natural ability exceeds the captains skill that he has obtained through experience.

Tldr?

Rank doesn't matter.
  • Personally I think the 2nd theory is correct, the way you play CA and the way CF is played are completely different.

And it's pretty rare to see all the trainees coming from CA/CS backgrounds, most of them are new to shooters/ have played other ones for a short period of time.

RANK does matter in SOME ways.
  • tbh, skill in cs means nothing on here.

all of the techniques you use in cs are for the most part null and void on cf, (SpawN jump, strafe jump, crouch hop.)

You have to relearn the game, maybe your aim will be slightly better, but getting the sens the same to match your normal twitches will be hard.

You can't turn maccel off on CF either, another downside for cs players.

Rank means nothing anyway, i've made like 15 accounts.
  • It's all on how you play.

Rank does matter, but in some cases it does not.
  • Rank means nothing in CF skill wise, because no matter how bad you are, you still get XP. You could be doing scores like 5-100 in TD all day long, you'll still get a lot more XP than a guy that does 3-4 SnD with scores like 50-5.

It just gives an idea of how much someone played, a really rough estimate though, considering the Exp + items that can give +100-110% bonus.
  • rank doesnt matter in TD MM HM, it matters a little in SnD and EM and it makes a world of difference in GM. i have never been killed by a legit trainee in ghost mode. i get killed by legit trainees in TD all the time.
  • I_A_M wrote: »
    i have never been killed by a legit trainee in ghost mode. i get killed by legit trainees in TD all the time.

Maybe I should get on an alt and fix that for you.
  • I bought all the exp packs (100%) and played mainly MM and TD till i got to 2nd LT. Having never played a fps before now i kind of regret ranking up too fast. Because with rank comes expectations that i should be good by now. Think even on my best days I am only an average player.
  • Max_Skillz wrote: »
    Maybe I should get on an alt and fix that for you.
    You wouldn't be legit then would you?
    :D
  • You wouldn't be legit then would you?
    :D

Last time I checked legit = legitimate, lawful, legalized.

It's not illegal to make alts, and I don't hack. So no, I would still be legit.
  • Rank means nothing.
    K/D means something now.:eek:
  • it does in some places in others it doesn't.
  • It's an idea of trust. If every single pro player( and i mean the WOGL pros, the masters etc) made alts, and never levelled up, and entered a room full of 2nd luits or even 1st, they would be kiked.

HOWEVER-if they stayed on a similiar rank to those who they are playing, then they would be hovering, and maybe have to convince they're not haking. A high rank is more trustable to be a better player.

AS WELL AS THAT, it depends on overall skill level. Most 2nd luits in TDM modes probably don't know what the **** is breath and sound, but they can grasp the basics. And, if you're running away from them at 7m/s, then they would be able to pick you off just fine.

Ranks, in terms of overall skill level, is not a great correlation (considered a weak positive in graphs). However, i would trust that a captain would be able to HS 4 ghost noobs in a row with a M4 custom, then a sergeant with an m16.

So, in terms of haking, higher ranks are MORE likely to be trusted, and the ONLY reasons why some high ranks are haking are;

-their account got haked.

-they're too pro for you, and you QQ a lot (eg, every single qq i've faced to date)
  • The only thing rank is good for is to have noobs swamp your team in the lobby.

They see: High Rank = Good Player.

But what they fail to notice is that when they do that, they get owned and the high rank is left on it's own.
  • rank means nothing cuz i got over 40 accounts
  • If there was no farming then rank would mean much.
    Now the top 10 on the player list farm all the time.
    They achieved great ranks.
    Can they face a decent WOGL/ESL player?
    Most likely no.
    Can they face pro Bhoppers/Pinpointers in GM without being killed?
    Again, most likely no.

I have seen a lot of high ranks hacking so they can't be trusted any more.

Rank means nothing

I will give an example from my real life

My friend is an expert sniper in CoD2 (The only CoD that takes skills)
    He came to CF
    He bought an AWM.
    And he plays decent with it.

So past expirience helps a lot.
    Also other of my real life friends that played CS play pretty decent in CF.

Talent is another factor.
    Not everyone reacts at the same speed to something.

Skills include gamesense and gamesense is realtive to ego.
    Most high ranked players that I've played with have a huge ego.
    They think they are the best.
    But in fact the only thing they do in SnD/GM is rush,get 1-2 lucky kills and die before we even plant.
    Or they don't cover when low ranks plant/defuse.

SO
    In terms of skill rank means nothing.
    Since rank AND KDR can be farmed the only way to find out if someone is a skilled player is by watching his in-game performance(in game kdr,ability to follow strats etc).
  • rank doesn't matter unless you're talking about trainee's and stuff.

Some trainee's have natural skill/css ( you might say it's a whole different play-style, but Im just saying they have fps experience )/ alt.
  • If there was no farming then rank would mean much.
    Now the top 10 on the player list farm all the time.
    They achieved great ranks.
    Can they face a decent WOGL/ESL player?
    Most likely no.
    Can they face pro Bhoppers/Pinpointers in GM without being killed?
    Again, most likely no.

I have seen a lot of high ranks hacking so they can't be trusted any more.

Rank means nothing

I will give an example from my real life

My friend is an expert sniper in CoD2 (The only CoD that takes skills)
    He came to CF
    He bought an AWM.
    And he plays decent with it.

So past expirience helps a lot.
    Also other of my real life friends that played CS play pretty decent in CF.

Talent is another factor.
    Not everyone reacts at the same speed to something.

Skills include gamesense and gamesense is realtive to ego.
    Most high ranked players that I've played with have a huge ego.
    They think they are the best.
    But in fact the only thing they do in SnD/GM is rush,get 1-2 lucky kills and die before we even plant.
    Or they don't cover when low ranks plant/defuse.

SO
    In terms of skill rank means nothing.
    Since rank AND KDR can be farmed the only way to find out if someone is a skilled player is by watching his in-game performance(in game kdr,ability to follow strats etc).

Um..a lot of high ranks DON'T hack, they just memorise nearly every single exploited spot in a map, and ra.pe people there. Hence why most high rankers are supposedly "wallers"
  • OTFireLily wrote: »
    I don't think rank matters.

What Firelily said.

Now be consumed by my godly gaming skill :)

Worthless noobs server only to lengthen my Kill Streaks ///
  • Fourtee wrote: »
    this ^

i used to play F.E.A.R Combat / Sniper elite / Vietcong / CS and many other FPS games, now to be honest, you can't be really good in CF even if you had experience in any other game, cause every single game on this earth is different..nuff said

my post is above the main post .. why 0,0 !!!!!
    no rank dont matter lol
  • Rank does mean something, the experience one has in the game. However since there's an increased amount of farmers, people have stopped considering high rankers competent.