I'm Losing Faith.

2»

Comments

• Worst raging I've ever heard. Get angry, dammit!
  • [MOD]Rex wrote: »
    1 - Complaining about hacks? Try going back and playing with GameGuard.

1. Quit living in the past. This isn't Suba/GameGaurd days. This is Z8 and X-Trap, and they seem to half ass a lot of stuff.
  • Mind you the opposite would have (and has) definitely factored in for Ghosts for their patch jobs. I'm pretty sure no GR liked having the shovel in GM, but ghost's love it. Same for the Shock Absorber. Its always a teeter totter of whos getting the better deal at many points.

After all, you can look at it this way:
    Ghosts run faster
    Ghosts can use 1 hit melee weapons
    Ghosts can bunnyhop allowing them to remain invisible
    Ghosts have Shock Absorber so they don't make a loud noise when falling
    Ghosts have Breath Down and Step Down
    Ghosts benefit the most from wearing armour

GR have smoke nades and light
    GR have guns, ranging from terribad to okay.
    GR has ears which are only useful if they bought their own headphones.

Er.. hows is it still favoured in gr other than ghosts not being able to blatantly sit in front of smoke and light now?

Ummm yeah, GR had the major advantage over ghosts even before this patch. They have ranged weps which means a ghost has to sneak up to them to kill them and if you fail even once in your bhop you're done. Breath down doesn't completely eliminate the breath noise so someone with headphones can easily pick up on it still. There are so many ways for GR players to make it easier to locate and kill ghosts and they don't need the devs to help them out.

The fun part of being a ghost was to sneak into a pack of GR and try to pick them off. Now it's going to be nigh impossible since like one person stated, the whole map is going to be full of smoke bombs.

This GM part of the patch is mega fail imo. It's still a toss up for this new reg BS. Haven't really played more than an hour since the patch but i can tell you that it's even more frustrating now then before the patch having to deal with these laggers.
    How many guns 1 hit kill without a headshot? Not many. How many melee weapons can 1 hit kill without a headshot? All of them are capable. (Yes, even the knife.)

And how many melee weapons can hit you from across the room without a hack? How many melee weapons can spray multiple projectiles in less than a second? You should kiinda see where i'm going with this. You talk about the melee weps being mostly 1 hits but the guns can spray many projectiles in a little amount of time and at a distance.
  • why isnt there no new gp crates cmon GM i love this game but u atleast put the new pistol in gp crates i chinese version the pistol is in the mall but cmon are u doing this for the money?
  • i no im so tired of all these zp sht. i have 150k GP and nothing to spend it on. FPS hasnt changed 4 me, in fact i think it dropped even more. and 4 me the reg is way WAY worse
  • Ummm yeah, GR had the major advantage over ghosts even before this patch. They have ranged weps which means a ghost has to sneak up to them to kill them and if you fail even once in your bhop you're done. Breath down doesn't completely eliminate the breath noise so someone with headphones can easily pick up on it still. There are so many ways for GR players to make it easier to locate and kill ghosts and they don't need the devs to help them out.

The fun part of being a ghost was to sneak into a pack of GR and try to pick them off. Now it's going to be nigh impossible since like one person stated, the whole map is going to be full of smoke bombs.

This GM part of the patch is mega fail imo. It's still a toss up for this new reg BS. Haven't really played more than an hour since the patch but i can tell you that it's even more frustrating now then before the patch having to deal with these laggers.

1. Ranged weapons didn't do squat unless you sprayed your heart out, since most of the time, if your within a ghost's breath down range, your in killing range.

2. Define easily? Are you saying that a GR's reaction time to hear breath, aim, avoid and shoot at the same time is better than a ghost merely coming up to whack them with their weapon? Doubtful, and also, the ghost reaches the GR before their breath does.

3. And not your one point there 'going into a pack of GR and picking them off' oh yeah, that sounds like they are totally OP right there doesn't it? if you can go into a pack of players unnoticed casually and kill a bunch of them and still manage to get away unscathed, there's balance issues. Not to mention the shovel's 360 kill ability? go into a group of gr, spin and swing = profit.

As said again, the smoke issue is only a problem for those who seem to be incapable of moving away from smoke, or those that rush. Adapt.
  • 1. Ranged weapons didn't do squat unless you sprayed your heart out, since most of the time, if your within a ghost's breath down range, your in killing range.

2. Define easily? Are you saying that a GR's reaction time to hear breath, aim, avoid and shoot at the same time is better than a ghost merely coming up to whack them with their weapon? Doubtful, and also, the ghost reaches the GR before their breath does.

3. And not your one point there 'going into a pack of GR and picking them off' oh yeah, that sounds like they are totally OP right there doesn't it? if you can go into a pack of players unnoticed casually and kill a bunch of them and still manage to get away unscathed, there's balance issues. Not to mention the shovel's 360 kill ability? go into a group of gr, spin and swing = profit.

As said again, the smoke issue is only a problem for those who seem to be incapable of moving away from smoke, or those that rush. Adapt.

1. If your headphones are up high enough(which a person of any intelligence would do) you can hear from which general direction the breath is coming from.

2. Yes you can have the reaction time to shoot a BL before he swings at you. Not even going to mention the whole issue with lag because the GR(if laggy) could already have been shooting at you when you have swung therefore meaning you are dead.

3. And when did i say it would be easy going into pack and picking them off one by one. Seeing as soon as someone gets killed in a group of GR they just spray the immediate area and if you don't bhop fast enough your dead.

Only the noobs and poor people would complain about the BL having any advantage over the GR. I've played both sides and the GR side is too easy imo. I play BL side for the challenge and this new addition with this patch made that challenge non-existent. Especially since you only have to buy a smoke grenade once for a low GP price.

Btw that whole adapt BS is just that because it would be hard to move anywhere for a good 30 seconds with most of the map covered in smoke.
    insert father lecturing child here

Just the kind of response I expected... Funny how as soon as I change positions from defensive to just a tiny bit critical, the tables are turned on me. Thanks for trying to see things my way.

As for you, Kelathe, and vMiami, thank you for your insightful comments. Believe me, I realize that every patch can't be perfect; I've lived through them. However, this patch just has me stopping and thinking, just this once. Why was GM changed? What's wrong with reg? Why can't there be ZP temporary versions of some of the recently-released crate guns, or at least SOME non luck-based method of obtaining them? I think Smily summed it up best:
    Ok lets be honest. The patch could of been way better.
  • 1. If your headphones are up high enough(which a person of any intelligence would do) you can hear from which general direction the breath is coming from.

2. Yes you can have the reaction time to shoot a BL before he swings at you. Not even going to mention the whole issue with lag because the GR(if laggy) could already have been shooting at you when you have swung therefore meaning you are dead.

3. And when did i say it would be easy going into pack and picking them off one by one. Seeing as soon as someone gets killed in a group of GR they just spray the immediate area and if you don't bhop fast enough your dead.

Only the noobs and poor people would complain about the BL having any advantage over the GR. I've played both sides and the GR side is too easy imo. I play BL side for the challenge and this new addition with this patch made that challenge non-existent. Especially since you only have to buy a smoke grenade once for a low GP price.

Btw that whole adapt BS is just that because it would be hard to move anywhere for a good 30 seconds with most of the map covered in smoke.

My point in this matter is that they both have their advantages and disadvantages, I could counter each of your arguments all day if I wanted to, trust me, GM alone gives me enough to do so. Especially if we start dividing it between pubs and scrims. Its endless.

You play BL for a challenge? then you have even more of a challenge, that fact hasn't changed according to your logic. A non-existent challenge is one that is of ease.

Heh and just from the sounds of your last post, if 30 seconds is far too long for you then patience needs to be learned. you got a whole almost 3 minutes. you only need 3-5 seconds to plant a bomb. If you can't adapt to a small change and wait for smoke to disappear then i'd vote for the shovel to be removed for its ridiculous reach. Are either gonna change? doubtful, therefore you must adapt, otherwise you fall. simple. human evolution right there. adapt or die.
  • Yea but your saying this about the 1 hit kill but it's not like i can throw my axe at them. Oh and you don't have to tell me about the shovel that's the worst weapon ever added to this game IMO thing is overpower and glitched and just wrong but why change the mode to fix it ban the shovel in GM if the devs don't like it they didn't have to change the mode. You have to get close and for a pin pointer can make that hard or you can always mess up a bhop I really didn't think I needed to be seen the whole time because I have smoke behind me. Like come on your a ghost mode player don't let this being a mod thing persuade you. I never once thought that BL was overpowered on this game and I used to only play GR. I know my thoughts don't hold much weight on this forum cause I am not a regular forum troll cause most of the stuff on this site is just hate but I still feel like I should speak my mind about this topic. I rather them have a crate appear after 2 mins with a proton pack in it to blast some ghost then this new addition. Make it's unfair to BL and boring on GR IMO. I'm gonna go play some MM/HM and get one shotted now cause that's all I have left.
  • iDisappear wrote: »
    Play me 1v1 GM? We'll switch sides after 7 rounds?

Mods don't vs..
    And your signature is a lie!

Anyway,

I think the patch is good, haven't noticed anything in my GM gameplay nor FPS improvement.
    Reg is still kinda bad, when you make a graph you'll see that the hitboxes are not dead on, but more the less 'dragged' by the player, for instance shooting someones back hair will kill him in air. (ohye!)

anyway, xtrap is doing what they can, patching hacks is still hard, but i think they are looking for a more 'permanent' fix. Z8 could look at it to.

I dunno if it helps but, encrypting the REZ files so their unreadable will fix a lot of low hackers, then only the good ones will be able to and hacks will cost more = less hacks.

Clown-
  • Clownzor wrote: »
    anyway, xtrap is doing what they can, patching hacks is still hard, but i think they are looking for a more 'permanent' fix. Z8 could look at it to.

"Z8" does help X-Fire with patching hacks. MODs sometimes buy & test hacks, and report the code and such to X-Fire.
    Clownzor wrote: »
    I dunno if it helps but, encrypting the REZ files so their unreadable will fix a lot of low hackers, then only the good ones will be able to and hacks will cost more = less hacks.

Your standard hacker could probably break normal encryption easily. Maybe if G4 hired a professional to encrypt it, then it might give hackers some pause.

3 - Ghost Mode? Any good GM player can still easily win as BL. I've had no trouble myself. And if I can win as BL, and another good GM player can't, that's sad.
    either learn to play BL a bit different and adapt like a good ghost or learn to play GR. simple. the devs decide whats what, regardless of other's opinions.

we still can win agains a team with 5 gr hackers.
    yea we can kill most of the chammers/wallers but is this dont make it fair all
    we to do is rush from they back and kill them.

the "you have to adapt" is BS.
    why in GOD's name you guys change a mode without NO one, NO one was asking for?
    we ask for new GM maps and u guys screw up the whole mode.

yea now the game is Fairly balanced right? any new gm player can kill a
    2 years experienced bhopper.

Im pretty sure MODs play this game and when we have about 80% of gm players(not the one who dont have a clue on what pinpoint means) complaining about about this change
    and all the MOD says "is not a big deal, just adapt your gameplay" well they have to do what z8 tell them to do right?

go screw the TD games please dont make more new ''improvements" on gm.
  • So I've got first-hand experience with new GM, and I see now why people are saying it's unbalanced. I myself wouldn't call it unbalanced as I would... eh. A bit unfair. From what I can tell, BHops are ineffective in smoke/light; not a welcome change for me. As far as the light revealing ghosts at all angles as opposed to just a few angles like it used to, that's pretty messed up. I can see ghosts fairly clearly if they're standing still in a well-lit area. Oh well; I've never really had any real control over my scores in GM, so the changes don't affect me all too much I guess.
  • I agree. But dont QQ abt 2 BM weps. I've tried for about 1 year spending over 700$ NOT ONE GODDAM BM WEP. FML .
  • for u low low pinger do feel better with the new reg. i tested on one of the internet bar witch gaves me 22 very stable ping, n it's was so damn good compare to my 57 ping at home..

my fps it's 200 at 8 v 8. . n sometimes when i facing those 150+ pingers, my screen shows me bloody on them, but when i was kill , that show me no damage at all.
    it's worse for me.. .
  • This GM part of the patch is mega fail imo.

^

it couldn't have been intentional. They completely ignored GM for over a year then randomly add something that makes ghosts visible even if they aren't in the smoke/light. Has to be a bug.
  • Can't tell if there is that much difference in reg because I didn't have much spare time, but considering the new stuff that was added:
    Didn't have a chance to try it yet, but I guess Mauser-ZP crate is fine
    (Spring Nade < I don't care about ZP temp stuff. I think it's kinda stupid.)
    The only thing that really got my interest in the entire patch notes was the M4 and Dual Uzi. Tought M4A1-Sakura might be interesting since I don't own any perm M4, also Dual Uzi (even if they're pink). ALso there would have been some actual GP content, I am well aware that not everything has to be for people who are not spending any money on the game (like me) but I mean, come on, there really hasn't been much out lately and on top of that spring crates are temporary anyway >_>
    (According to RSS, last GP content was: Tiger/Panda Hat (deco), Mutation mask (deco), Dual Desp. , Xmas GP crates (you win...? deco.), holiday items (deco), halloween hats (deco), USP ... I might be missing some stuff, but meh tl;dr)

Good job for a)making it through that entire ragepost or b)skipping a random idiot's rant (mine). Can't tell why do I still care anyway >_>
  • Cassyoxx wrote: »
    just cause is good just cause is good

gtfo .