I'm Losing Faith.

Normally, I'm behind SmileGate and G4Box (or at least how they put SG's decisions into play) every patch, but I'm just losing faith now. Here are some of my thoughts; uncensored and unadulterated. MODs and GMs will likely call me ungrateful, or say that we say the same thing every patch. I'm normally one of the ones arguing against those types. Keep that in mind.

Hacks are already back, and I can already tell they're going to be as bad as they were around... I forget. Either Thanksgiving or January (whenever wall-hack+aimbot+1-hit was last around). Combine that with no recoil and I'm already starting to miss 1-shot KO hackers.

Two new ZP crates. Great. Have we not gotten new ZP crates the last few patches? Why add more? Especially the Mauser; it's cash temporary in other versions of CF, so why make it a ZP crate here? I have zero luck with crates; I've won two BM guns in the 7 months I've been here. That doesn't exactly make me feel good about the Mauser and permanent Dual Uzis, two guns I've wanted for a while, being released as ZP crates. As for the Golden Gatling, which likely won't make a return for a while... I never even had a chance.

I can't comment on the FPS improvement, since I'm not playing on my normal laptop and thus don't know how much better I'm performing than usual. However, I'll say this much: I re-installed the old font as soon as I learned how to. I hate playing CF China and not being able to read half the things I write; I don't want the same to happen in CF NA, where everything's in English at least.

I haven't tested it out myself yet, but from what I've heard, GM is almost like MM now in that it heavily favors one side (GR in this case). I'm mainly a BL player, and many of my GM strategies involve tactical camping. I guess that's a no-no now, since any light or any smoke within 100 feet of me will give away my location.

I've heard that the reg has vastly improved, but I'm not too certain about that. I didn't notice much mid-air reg difference, and normal reg is just... strange now. Every other non-sniper kill, no matter how randomly you spray, seems to be a headshot. On top of that, guns seem a bit stronger than they were. That might just be me being paranoid because I'm playing on a different laptop than normal, but it just seems like bullets do more damage per hit than they used to.

That's about all I have to say. Criticize me if you must, because I'm just a rando; what do I know?

Comments

• ye the reg seems different.. sometimes i spray and i got lots of hs and sometimes i aim hard but get 0 dmg..
  • believe me the fps has definately gone up :P

As for your comments on the GM gameplay changes i actualyl like it, I am a GR player and this is a great addition against bhoppers and bdowners as you can just throw some smoke and dont even need to listen at times. On BL if you are good at bhopping GR dont even hear your breath so i think it evens it out, so the mode is more balanced if you ask me, also a good thing about this is the lights in BL spawn on Lab are great for seeing the idlers ;) got like 50 free kills just for playing like i normally do and getting the idlers (I almost always rush BL spawn and hope for late spawnerrs muahaha :P )

I agree with the headshots i seem to of got even more than usual today but maybe i was jsut performing better than normal ;D
  • The reg has gotten terrible for me, constant spikes to 200.
    Only I got that problem though. :(
  • I can't flame you right now or agree with you because I haven't yet been able to get on my PC.

I'll ask for an edit tonight if I get the time to do so.
  • So people seem to agree that reg's weird; I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't notice an improvement. If a MOD or GM wants to step in at any time and try to put me down, go ahead. I love you guys, but this stuff usually prompts negative responses from you.
  • i can't agree nor disagree with your post, the reason is because i haven't been able to play... i get a black screen in game and i mean in game (when your with your gun out battling it out) and i still haven't received a word from no GM or Mod that gives me a ray of hope, but i do agree with your thread tittle... and also i'm starting to dislike the m4s another reskin? i mean i'd rather get no new gun then another lame reskin.
  • the solution is: z8 need to buy the AVA anti-hack LOL in ava don't have any hack, soooo z8! buy the anti-hakc of AVA *-*.
  • the solution is: z8 need to buy the AVA anti-hack LOL in ava don't have any hack, soooo z8! buy the anti-hakc of AVA *-*.

thats because ava requires a decent pc and because ava has alot less players.
  • thats because ava requires a decent pc and because ava has alot less players.

But ava's gameplay sucks

its same thing with project blackout.. so many people leaving cf for project black out, cuz of the low hackers.. but their gameplay suckz. >.> And there arent many players which makes it low hacker and lower popular.. Go to Combat Arms, which is sort of equal to Crossfire. They have tonnes of hackers as well >.> Although they are doing a lil better job than z8 >.>
  • Normally, I'm behind SmileGate and G4Box (or at least how they put SG's decisions into play) every patch, but I'm just losing faith now. Here are some of my thoughts; uncensored and unadulterated. MODs and GMs will likely call me ungrateful, or say that we say the same thing every patch. I'm normally one of the ones arguing against those types. Keep that in mind.

Hacks are already back, and I can already tell they're going to be as bad as they were around... I forget. Either Thanksgiving or January (whenever wall-hack+aimbot+1-hit was last around). Combine that with no recoil and I'm already starting to miss 1-shot KO hackers.

Two new ZP crates. Great. Have we not gotten new ZP crates the last few patches? Why add more? Especially the Mauser; it's cash temporary in other versions of CF, so why make it a ZP crate here? I have zero luck with crates; I've won two BM guns in the 7 months I've been here. That doesn't exactly make me feel good about the Mauser and permanent Dual Uzis, two guns I've wanted for a while, being released as ZP crates. As for the Golden Gatling, which likely won't make a return for a while... I never even had a chance.

I can't comment on the FPS improvement, since I'm not playing on my normal laptop and thus don't know how much better I'm performing than usual. However, I'll say this much: I re-installed the old font as soon as I learned how to. I hate playing CF China and not being able to read half the things I write; I don't want the same to happen in CF NA, where everything's in English at least.

I haven't tested it out myself yet, but from what I've heard, GM is almost like MM now in that it heavily favors one side (GR in this case). I'm mainly a BL player, and many of my GM strategies involve tactical camping. I guess that's a no-no now, since any light or any smoke within 100 feet of me will give away my location.

I've heard that the reg has vastly improved, but I'm not too certain about that. I didn't notice much mid-air reg difference, and normal reg is just... strange now. Every other non-sniper kill, no matter how randomly you spray, seems to be a headshot. On top of that, guns seem a bit stronger than they were. That might just be me being paranoid because I'm playing on a different laptop than normal, but it just seems like bullets do more damage per hit than they used to.

That's about all I have to say. Criticize me if you must, because I'm just a rando; what do I know?

Please note that what I want to say is not in any means supposed to offend you but rather encourage.

1. With the crates, I'm not all that lucky either... I've gotten 2 permanent crate weapons after the 2 years I've been playing this game. Any case, I'd rather would want the Maouser to be permanent rather than temporary, even if I have to spin for it. All in all, it's just another gun in the wall. A good player can play with any gun given to him/her and still perform well. So for now, just pick them up from the ground till you can win one.

2. Cheats are always gonna be a problem but these seem to be the big cheats that would benefit the cheaters more than anyother cheat they can come up with. Which means that when X-Trap patches these cheats for good, we wont be seeing nearly as many cheaters or nearly as many different cheats. It all rely's on X-Trap but they're picking up momentum.

3. Ghost Mode is still the same as before. It takes a really focused person and a trained eye to be able to see a translusent outline standing in front of a 5 inch window. I've seen it before and it's like my eyes was playing tricks on me but I took a shot and blood spewed so I shot him down. The perks are still balanced. Global Risk uses weapons but can only see ghosts when they're moving or when they're standing in front of some light. Camping for BL is still easy to do. Just when you run into a well-trained GM player, you won't wanna stay in one spot for long time because of pinpointing and the ghost's breathing as usual.

4. For the Reg and gameplay effects, it seems they fixed it so it's easier for laggers to commit more damage since all their shots are lag shots. I think what they did was dropped the lag shot theory, patched it up and made it so no shot is a lag shot and will have whatever damage it usually will do. Like with an AK47, let's say the damage is 30 a bullet. Well for a lagger, the lag shot would be about 20-15 damage a bullet. They patched it so it will still be 30 damage even it it was a lag shot. I personally don't see much difference but I think the gameplay is a bit smoother but nothing to write home about.

Hope I have been helpful. I am a bit discouraged as well but z8games and X-Trap are power hitters. They're not gonna fight for bases, they're gonna go for the homerun. This patch they did was against that as they were trying to hit for a double and they got it done. I think they did that so the community can talk about wether we liked the idea of minor patches or monthly patches. Depending on feedback (which doesnt look promising) might depend on how they patch in the future.
  • Normally, I'm behind SmileGate and G4Box (or at least how they put SG's decisions into play) every patch, but I'm just losing faith now. Here are some of my thoughts; uncensored and unadulterated. MODs and GMs will likely call me ungrateful, or say that we say the same thing every patch. I'm normally one of the ones arguing against those types. Keep that in mind.

Well starting with the hacking issue, it should be noted that just because the game patches, doesn't mean hacks are, xtrap still hasn't updated, also mind you that they are always working with ways to block the code, its not always spot on, its not easy doing so, so its better giving them a thumbs up for trying than not at all.

As for the ZP crates, well, I personally dislike rent-a-guns to be perfectly honest, i like perms or chances of perms. The Mauser crate was probably an actual addition to the crate list, since the Spring one is also temporary. Plus, who knows, the ratio for the weapon may have a higher winning chance than some think. Personally never used the weapon, nor will I. But the Spring crates are a definite chance at getting some hard to obtain weapons like the M4-Sakura and the only perm dual uzis out there. No GP this patch, but in all honesty, it doesn't need to be.

The FPS and reg improvements are true and VERY nice. I can actually nail those 200+ Ghosts and laggers without seeing 0 damage on my 200fps and 17 ping computer. lol dreadfully annoying when that happens. Also, if your an NA player, Foxtrot has the best reg out of all the servers, including air reg.

As for the GM chances, granted the effects are a tad overkill, it doesn't actually unbalance anything. It just means Ghosts have to be smarter, after all, overall the Ghosts had the main advantage. A fully geared bhopper ghost is more suited to winning than a fully equipped gr most of the time. Heck, how many items in the shop do you see that favour anything for GR in the mode? nothing. several for BL. the smoke and light thing makes it so Ghosts merely have to be aware of the new effect and position themselves accordingly. God forbid the bhopping through smoke with a shovel technique no longer works. lol
  • i have to agree with Talon. as always. that was a nice, more respectful way of saying what i've been saying for the past 2 days =p
  • z8games wont care a sh*t about hackers.. all they care is about is getting money. check the new patch.. 1 gp item and its hat. sad thats all.
  • i disagree but im not going to argue because i've already stated my view on the patch several times. and i for one am glad they are updating at all... i'd rather they update a little than to not update at all.
  • Tubby95 wrote: »
    z8games wont care a sh*t about hackers.. all they care is about is getting money. check the new patch.. 1 gp item and its hat. sad thats all.

Z8 Don't care about hackers because they are not the one patching the hacks, X-trap are.

I think currently AVA has larger player base. And it need only 128M graphic card to run it.

The graphic looks much detailed, but just not comfortable for me.

And when there is lag, the algorithm is a little strange to keep pulling you back when you are running ---- This is the most terrible thing.
  • z8 only want money :) thats all folks

Lol, what are you talking?
  • believe me the fps has definately gone up :P

As for your comments on the GM gameplay changes i actualyl like it, I am a GR player and this is a great addition against bhoppers and bdowners as you can just throw some smoke and dont even need to listen at times. On BL if you are good at bhopping GR dont even hear your breath so i think it evens it out, so the mode is more balanced if you ask me, also a good thing about this is the lights in BL spawn on Lab are great for seeing the idlers ;) got like 50 free kills just for playing like i normally do and getting the idlers (I almost always rush BL spawn and hope for late spawnerrs muahaha :P )

I agree with the headshots i seem to of got even more than usual today but maybe i was jsut performing better than normal ;D
    >.>

I'm a GR player also but I think the new effects make it unbalanced. The whole reason I like playing GM is because it takes more than just aim - you actually have to be able to pinpoint when playing against good players.

IMO it was cheap to use smoke in GM before the new effects and now after them, well...

I don't want to be able to see the ghosts, it makes it too easy.

And guess what? When people smoke most of a GM map (which they are actually doing), it turns into MM; except the ghosts only have 100hp compared to 2000.
  • funny thing is people said GM was dead before and while I didn't agree on that statement lets see how many people wanna play BL now, cause I know I don't. I don't wanna bhop all the way to murk someone only to have them shoot me cause smokes sitting behind me. The thing I am the most upset about is everytime they do a patch I buy a good amount of ZP and If I had played a little more GM before I bought it I wouldn't have bought it. Awesome job guys!
  • 1 - Complaining about hacks? Try going back and playing with GameGuard.

2 - Complaining about ZP crates? We still have far more GP weapons than ZP Crates.

3 - Ghost Mode? Any good GM player can still easily win as BL. I've had no trouble myself. And if I can win as BL, and another good GM player can't, that's sad.
  • The main 2 area's where hackers hack are Ghost Mode and HM&MM. So I don't play these modes.
  • This is a forum patch job if I ever saw one.
    [MOD]Rex wrote: »
    1 - Complaining about hacks? Try going back and playing with GameGuard.

Does this make up for the hacks I mean what's really different between those hacks and these, most of the time the person with the hack still ends up killing you so who cares what kind of hack they have. Great the ghosts don't have rifles or snipers but I mean there still are aimbots, 1 shot, speed hacks, etc.

2 - Complaining about ZP crates? We still have far more GP weapons than ZP Crates.

I really don't have a problem with how they set up the black market at all I think you guys should try to make as much money as possible.

3 - Ghost Mode? Any good GM player can still easily win as BL. I've had no trouble myself. And if I can win as BL, and another good GM player can't, that's sad.

See it's not that we gm players can't win with this change of ghost mode, it's that there was nothing wrong with it before (except the shovel that the GMs refuse to fix). Why did it needed to be changed? There are 1000 glitches out there and you gotta mess with how a mode is played? I mean if it was a code glitch when they changed something else and are trying to fix it then say that but if not this is a major fail by the devs. Also if you haven't noticed the people saying they like the change also say they only play GR so that kinda makes sense.
  • 1BLiND1 wrote: »
    This is a forum patch job if I ever saw one.

See it's not that we gm players can't win with this change of ghost mode, it's that there was nothing wrong with it before (except the shovel that the GMs refuse to fix). Why did it needed to be changed? There are 1000 glitches out there and you gotta mess with how a mode is played? I mean if it was a code glitch when they changed something else and are trying to fix it then say that but if not this is a major fail by the devs. Also if you haven't noticed the people saying they like the change also say they only play GR so that kinda makes sense.

Mind you the opposite would have (and has) definitely factored in for Ghosts for their patch jobs. I'm pretty sure no GR liked having the shovel in GM, but ghost's love it. Same for the Shock Absorber. Its always a teeter totter of whos getting the better deal at many points.

After all, you can look at it this way:
    Ghosts run faster
    Ghosts can use 1 hit melee weapons
    Ghosts can bunnyhop allowing them to remain invisible
    Ghosts have Shock Absorber so they don't make a loud noise when falling
    Ghosts have Breath Down and Step Down
    Ghosts benefit the most from wearing armour

GR have smoke nades and light
    GR have guns, ranging from terribad to okay.
    GR has ears which are only useful if they bought their own headphones.

Er.. hows is it still favoured in gr other than ghosts not being able to blatantly sit in front of smoke and light now?
  • Yea, I honestly don't understand why it was changed. If they were trying to improve the mode, well that's understandable but I think it had the reverse effect. It makes the game unbalanced toward the GR side. And I'm a GR player.

Of course, ghosts can still kill people, it just makes it harder, especially when you get GR players who are only interested in getting easy kills - throwing smoke everywhere and picking off the BL players around the smoke.
  • [MOD]Rex wrote: »
    1 - Complaining about hacks? Try going back and playing with GameGuard.

Play me 1v1 GM? We'll switch sides after 7 rounds?
  • iDisappear wrote: »
    Play me 1v1 GM? We'll switch sides after 7 rounds?

the smoke/ light problem is worst when it's a 8 vs 8 match.
  • After all, you can look at it this way:
    Ghosts run faster
    Ghosts can use 1 hit melee weapons
    Ghosts can bunnyhop allowing them to remain invisible
    Ghosts have Shock Absorber so they don't make a loud noise when falling
    Ghosts have Breath Down and Step Down
    Ghosts benefit the most from wearing armour

GR have smoke nades and light
    GR have guns, ranging from terribad to okay.
    GR has ears which are only useful if they bought their own headphones.

Er.. hows is it still favoured in gr other than ghosts not being able to blatantly sit in front of smoke and light now?[/QUOTE]

Ok I see what your try to get at hear but if your gonna use the he has to buy headphones excuse then you can't use the armor or 1 hit melee weapons because they cost money as well. Also I'm not understanding your comment on the guns for gr are you saying using a shotgun in gm is hard or a thompson?
    This isn't the point though I havent seen people
    complain that bl was overpowered all over the forums so
    why change it? What was so wrong with the mode that it needed to be changed I mean it's the only reason I play this game I can go play snd on almost any shooter out there so I play this for gm and I'm not sure what to do now because I don't want to play it because it became slot easier on gr which doesn't make it more interesting to me and more of a pain on bl (I'm not even gonna say hard but it's just I cannot do as much because of 8 smoke bases covering half the mAp and I cannot go near them at all. So once again I'm gonna say big time fail on this patch. I can deal with hacks trying to be patched but this is 100% the devs fault so I blame them and I'm upset so I wanna speak my mind.
  • Ok I see what your try to get at hear but if your gonna use the he has to buy headphones excuse then you can't use the armor or 1 hit melee weapons because they cost money as well. Also I'm not understanding your comment on the guns for gr are you saying using a shotgun in gm is hard or a thompson?
    This isn't the point though I havent seen people
    complain that bl was overpowered all over the forums so
    why change it? What was so wrong with the mode that it needed to be changed I mean it's the only reason I play this game I can go play snd on almost any shooter out there so I play this for gm and I'm not sure what to do now because I don't want to play it because it became slot easier on gr which doesn't make it more interesting to me and more of a pain on bl (I'm not even gonna say hard but it's just I cannot do as much because of 8 smoke bases covering half the mAp and I cannot go near them at all. So once again I'm gonna say big time fail on this patch. I can deal with hacks trying to be patched but this is 100% the devs fault so I blame them and I'm upset so I wanna speak my mind.

The headphones thing is mainly accessibility, after all, any ghost can buy all they need in game and play perfectly fine in GM without needing any 3rd party sources. A normal GR doesn't even know about ghost breath unless he buys headphones most of the time. (I know, I was one of those people.) Which changes circumstance completely, as the game doesn't even recommend it.

Secondly, as you well know, there are guns like the UZI for instance, or the M9, do you honestly think in most cases those are standard weapons? I'd rather go in with a knife in alot of those cases. The weapons 'ease of use' isn't as much of a factor as the damage ratio. How many guns 1 hit kill without a headshot? Not many. How many melee weapons can 1 hit kill without a headshot? All of them are capable. (Yes, even the knife.)

Also, most of the community I bet prefers to play BL actually, and believe it or not, even before the patch, Ghosts would cry bloody heaven if they died even with all their advantages. The reason they never complain about BL is because most play it, and usually die on the other end. Trust me, you would go into most games, and its the BL that win. It was frustrating, since the 'win' missions favoured them that way.

There's ways around the smoke, its not that big of a deal, there's other places to go and its not like smoke is there forever, it fades and dissipates. Timing is key, after all, work it into your strats.

Of course you have your opinion, but hey, so do I, I've seen both sides and its not as terrible as people claim to be, either learn to play BL a bit different and adapt like a good ghost or learn to play GR. simple. the devs decide whats what, regardless of other's opinions.