The FPS increase explained

Comments

• great explanation :P good for the people who are not very technically minded ( im studying IT and im still baffled when it comes to the technical shizz lol )

Imo it's easier to learn how hardware works than how software does.
  • apqlwma wrote: »
    I usually get up at 6 to start at 8. My bus is at 7:29 so I've got to leave at 7:20. What time do Swedish people get out of school?

It depends, we get out at 4 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and 2 on Thursday and Friday.
  • It depends, we get out at 4 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and 2 on Thursday and Friday.

Ain't there a country worse than france? We get out at 5:30 on mondays and tuesdays. 4:30 on wednesdays and thursdays and sometimes 2 sometimes 3 on fridays.

The only day when.I start later is Wednesday and it's 10am.
    Ain't there a country worse than france? We get out at 5:30 on mondays and tuesdays. 4:30 on wednesdays and thursdays and sometimes 2 sometimes 3 on fridays.

The only day when.I start later is Wednesday and it's 10am.

Libya maybe? Let's stay on topic. (:
  • Let's stay on topic. (:

Agreed. I just can't help it o_O.

Doesn't anybody have the requested CPUs? Let me remind what they're:
    -phenom x3
    -phenom x4
    -phenom x6
    -i5 (quad cores)
    -i7
    -i7 extreme (hexacores)

Important Update:
    I believe OSs (operating system; i.e. Window xp) could change sometin'. Maybe it runs on multi cores only with certain OSs.

So please add your OS (i.e. Win7 64bits) with your CPU and fps increase.

Agreed. I just can't help it o_O.

Doesn't anybody have the requested CPUs? Let me remind what they're:
    -phenom x3
    -phenom x4
    -phenom x6
    -i5 (quad cores)
    -i7
    -i7 extreme (hexacores)

Important Update:
    I believe OSs (operating system; i.e. Window xp) could change sometin'. Maybe it runs on multi cores only with certain OSs.

So please add your OS (i.e. Win7 64bits) with your CPU and fps increase.

I've also thought about that, I think the bits is making a difference too.
  • I'll test out my quadcore i7 laptop later

Thanks .
  • after replacing my windows xp with 7 i was having 40fps but after the pach i have 80+ that is awesome<3 yes is true everyone in my clan have very high fps
  • After the patch Cross Fire was optimized and a lot of people was experiencing higher FPS.

This was partially achieved by the font replaced by a new one which wasn't as CPU intensive,
    But the biggest difference was that Cross Fire is now able to run on multiple cores.

Before the patch Cross Fire was running at 50% all the time, 100% load on one core. After the patch it is running at 80% usage, with each core being used ~75%. This increases your CPU usage, but also makes it possible to use your CPU's full processing power.

Since you need two cores to run on two cores (obviously) you need a multi core CPU for this optimization to take effect. If you only got one core you'll most likely still notice a difference because of the other optimizations.

I've only tested this on my 2 core CPU so I'm not sure about the load on quad core CPU's.

*READ*
    This is just a guess, but a qualified one. Thanks for reading! :)

Edit: 1000 POSTS!!!!! CHYEAH

Edit 2: I got an AMD Phenom X2 550 overclocked to 3.9GHz, but my X4 will hopefully get shipped on monday.

Edit 3: Polleus and apqlwma is awesome, respect. :cool:

lol i didnt know that ty=]
  • After the patch Cross Fire was optimized and a lot of people was experiencing higher FPS.

This was partially achieved by the font replaced by a new one which wasn't as CPU intensive,
    But the biggest difference was that Cross Fire is now able to run on multiple cores.

Before the patch Cross Fire was running at 50% all the time, 100% load on one core. After the patch it is running at 80% usage, with each core being used ~75%. This increases your CPU usage, but also makes it possible to use your CPU's full processing power.

Since you need two cores to run on two cores (obviously) you need a multi core CPU for this optimization to take effect. If you only got one core you'll most likely still notice a difference because of the other optimizations.

I've only tested this on my 2 core CPU so I'm not sure about the load on quad core CPU's.

*READ*
    This is just a guess, but a qualified one. Thanks for reading! :)

Edit: 1000 POSTS!!!!! CHYEAH

Edit 2: I got an AMD Phenom X2 550 overclocked to 3.9GHz, but my X4 will hopefully get shipped on monday.

Edit 3: Polleus and apqlwma is awesome, respect. :cool:

My pc has a Intel i7 runing at 1.73 GHz with 8GB ram..

I now have constant 200fps even with the rooms full..

When there is less people they get to 250fps

I'm not even using the pc/nvdia in max performance.
  • Mr1mmorta1 wrote: »
    Multitasking ftw! xD

No such thing, it has been proven. Google is your friend :)

Grats to your 1K posts mega, this time it´s me stalking you xD
  • No such thing, it has been proven. Google is your friend :)

Grats to your 1K posts mega, this time it´s me stalking you xD

Now I'm officially a forum veteran. :D
  • Det0 wrote: »
    My pc has a Intel i7 runing at 1.73 GHz with 8GB ram..

I now have constant 200fps even with the rooms full..

When there is less people they get to 250fps

I'm not even using the pc/nvdia in max performance.

Underclocked o_O?

What was your fps before and what's your OS?
    Btw I git my 2000th post at the start of the week :D
  • CyberCatUK wrote: »
    I don't see any difference either on my dual core.

Windows 7 32 Ultimate still averages about 30 fps, down from around 50 a few patches back.

Windows XP Pro on the same system (dual boot) gets around 80 fps average, also down from around 120 a few patches back.

And I must say I'm a little surprised that changing a font can make much of a difference to a 3D game?
    What CPU do you have?

CPU = T7600 @ 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo
    VGA = nVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX (512MB Onboard + Additional System Ram)
    RAM = 4GB 667MHz - Dual Channel (3.5GB Useable)

I say averages the above fps as on Win7 it keeps going up to around 50 and down to 10 depending on number of players in the immediate area, smoke, nades etc. With Win XP its more like between 40-120. Very random up and down. I have started to play more on my Win XP partition now as it is becoming more and more unplayable on Win7 for me with every new patch.

To be honest though this is kind of expected, additional code is bound to slow the game down a little each time.
  • lol i didnt get an fps bonus at all... my fps was 100-140 average before the patch and still is. but thats probably client side difficulties... havent defragged virus scanned and deleted temp files in a while.
  • since you know a lot can you help me about this?
    I dont know if you are aware of that bug(keyboard and mouse freeze). So to avoid that bug I need to go here and do this: semttulofe.jpg

So my question is: If I don't do this cf will freeze a lot of times but with a lot more fps?
  • I have only 512mb ram But 2x2.66ghz processors so fps went from around 20 to 30-35 quite a significant increase :)

Am very grateful about that.
  • Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz OCed just a tad
    Mobo - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
    Video - ASUS Radeon HD6870 1gig
    AA & AF set to max
    HD(s) - RAID 0+1 (4)WD 500gig sata
    Memory - 8gig DDR3 1333

Video card & processor are liquid cooled

FPS before patch - 190 +/-
    FPS after patch - 260 to 300 (depending on smoke, lol)

Checked in 8v8 rooms

edit: Windows XP 64 bit sp3
  • I don't understand Portuguese.

Oh you dont understand portuguese but you know its portuguese? w/e lol
    did you understand my quesiton? can you help me or not cause none knows how to fix it.

I go to task manager --> chose crossfire.exe (right click) --> set affinity and the image is the last thing I do
  • i got i7 950 no oc at all..
    i seen more than 100~150 fps increse... but my ping increase from 57 ~ 60 spikes to 100 . . . w d f z8
  • forever119 wrote: »
    i got i7 950 no oc at all..
    i seen more than 100~150 fps increse... but my ping increase from 57 ~ 60 spikes to 100 . . . w d f z8

Thanks for postin'. Nice increase too o_O

BigHarvey wrote: »
    Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz OCed just a tad
    Mobo - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
    Video - ASUS Radeon HD6870 1gig
    AA & AF set to max
    HD(s) - RAID 0+1 (4)WD 500gig sata
    Memory - 8gig DDR3 1333

Video card & processor are liquid cooled

FPS before patch - 190 +/-
    FPS after patch - 260 to 300 (depending on smoke, lol)

Checked in 8v8 rooms

edit: Windows XP 64 bit sp3
    Thanks for postin'.

This info was verry usefull and you posted even more than what we needed :D

Thumbs up for you bro.

Btw that's an amazin' increase.

I don't remember which MOD but one posted in a thread about his fps havin' increased by 200. He didn't give any other info (CPU, OS or even his previous fps). We would appreciate him to drop by and give us that info because it's most likely the best we've heard of atm.

Update:

Info needed for the followin' CPUs:

-Phenom x3
    -Phenom x6
    -i7 extreme edition (hexacore: 6cores)
  • I run it on a single core my FPS was never stable but now it is a tad more stable, better than nothing I guess ;)
  • my fps went up by 50. I run a single core.

Specs:

Windows Xp - Service pack 3
    Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 ghz
    3.25 gb ram

Before Patch: 35 fps in 16 player game
    After patch: 85 fps in 16 player game
    Note: these numbers are without gamebooster.

Thanks z8. :) this is great.

-Justin
  • KissMeArse wrote: »
    I run it on a single core my FPS was never stable but now it is a tad more stable, better than nothing I guess ;)

Playin' on my bro's single cored netbook wasn't even possible before. It was all choppy and even sounds lagged. It still runs cf at 5-15 fps but now it's smooth and nice to play with.

We already had that info in our database but people are free to post info we all ready have just for the sake of confirmin' that our results weren't just on the one we tested but on several/ all of the single cores.

Btw is it an atom or a P3/P4?

Edit:
    JustEnd*** wrote: »
    my fps went up by 50. I run a single core.i

Specs:

Windows Xp - Service pack 3
    Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 ghz
    3.25 gb ram

Before Patch: 35 fps in 16 player game
    After patch: 85 fps in 16 player game
    Note: these numbers are without gamebooster.

Thanks z8. :) this is great.

-Justin

Here we go Viki :). I guess you have an atom then.

Update:

P4s also have gotten an fps increase. Such an increase without usin' any additional cores o_O. It can't just be the font otherwiwe atoms would've also noticed an fps increase.

Maybe cf didn't use the entire CPUs capacity and now does. Meaning it uses as many cores and frequency as possible.

Actually this could be a glitch and be seen as a Bad Glitch and not so good.
    Let me explain myself:

If CF now uses the CPU at 80-100% there won't be amything left for other apps. So users who used to play an off li.e game while they're dead in SDs, GMs, HMs, EMs would no longer be able to run that other game with CF open. I think that people could still use internet though.

Wait all the above statements are bs. The CPU gives wants needed hy the app so maybe even thouh CF takes 100% it could reduce that 100% used for CF and run other apps as before.

I'll be home in 1-2 hours. Will telk you what kind of increase my other brother on a recent dual core laptop gets, my i7-860 and my old PC.

Oh wait has anybody noticed higher fps while frapsin' ? Mine used to somehow drop down to 30 whenever I wanted to fraps. That would be like the best patch ever. I would try to make clips.. AWESOME!
    Playin' on my bro's single cored netbook wasn't even possible before. It was all choppy and even sounds lagged. It still runs cf at 5-15 fps but now it's smooth and nice to play with.

We already had that info in our database but people are free to post info we all ready have just for the sake of confirmin' that our results weren't just on the one we tested but on several/ all of the single cores.

Btw is it an atom or a P3/P4?

Edit:

Here we go Viki :). I guess you have an atom then.

Update:

P4s also have gotten an fps increase. Such an increase without usin' any additional cores o_O. It can't just be the font otherwiwe atoms would've also noticed an fps increase.

Maybe cf didn't use the entire CPUs capacity and now does. Meaning it uses as many cores and frequency as possible.

Actually this could be a glitch and be seen as a Bad Glitch and not so good.
    Let me explain myself:

If CF now uses the CPU at 80-100% there won't be amything left for other apps. So users who used to play an off li.e game while they're dead in SDs, GMs, HMs, EMs would no longer be able to run that other game with CF open. I think that people could still use internet though.

Wait all the above statements are bs. The CPU gives wants needed hy the app so maybe even thouh CF takes 100% it could reduce that 100% used for CF and run other apps as before.

I'll be home in 1-2 hours. Will telk you what kind of increase my other brother on a recent dual core laptop gets, my i7-860 and my old PC.

Oh wait has anybody noticed higher fps while frapsin' ? Mine used to somehow drop down to 30 whenever I wanted to fraps. That would be like the best patch ever. I would try to make clips.. AWESOME!

I have an AMD Athlon :p
  • Ok I'll take note of that viki.

Dels give the resuedted info.