Question on the Panda donations

Ok, so yeah, just a quick question about the 10% donation to japan on Panda items bought. And yes, ive used the search function already. Not much out there to find on this topic though, so it didnt help much.

My question is this; Does buying the Panda Hat count? Its a GP item, not ZP, so im not sure how they would make a 10% donation off of the players buying this item, but since I dont have any ZP, id certainly buy the Hat since it costs GP instead. The image for it is on the update page for the section on the donations, but then again, all the other Panda items DO cost ZP. Was this item being included on the donation % a mistake?

If a Mod, or someone higher up (Yes, im referring to you, Saidin) could just post a simple answer about this item, id very much appreciate it.

Comments

• think about that for a second or 2.
    how the hell they going to donate 10% gp to japan?
  • People from japan need game points too.
  • 1BLiND1 wrote: »
    People from japan need game points too.

yes because game points will help those that had homes destroyed by tsunami
  • 1BLiND1 wrote: »
    People from japan need game points too.

um that was not a good thing to say ya know -_-
  • well if someone buys the backpack from 3500 zp or what ever it costs they pay £350 so im guessing its 10% of the total cost if not then there abusing the situation in japan to make money
  • Sl0wpoke wrote: »
    well if someone buys the backpack from 3500 zp or what ever it costs they pay £350 so im guessing its 10% of the total cost if not then there abusing the situation in japan to make money

which is the most likely explanation...
  • Wow, none of you have actually read and understood my question. And then, instead of helping or posting positive things, youve been flaming and spamming. Ugh.
    Still waiting for a Mod/GM to answer my question. Its fairly straightforward.

Sl0wpoke wrote: »
    well if someone buys the backpack from 3500 zp or what ever it costs they pay £350 so im guessing its 10% of the total cost if not then there abusing the situation in japan to make money

Yes, I realize all of that. Anyone buying the Panda items, Z8 will take 10% of the sale price and donate it. So if you bought the Japan name card for 90 days, and it cost you (Im guessing here at the cost, since I dont know what name cards go for) 11,000 ZP, 10% of that purchase price would be donated. However, my question is on the Panda Hat. It was included on the list of Panda items you could buy to help support Japan, but its not a ZP item. Thats why im wondering if it counts. Technically, they could consider it to be a ZP item, and still donate 10% of the purchase price. The only flaw with doing that would be that they never made a cent off of the purchase itself, but still donated 10% of the items cost. Im not sure how they are donating either. 1,000ZP = $0.89, according to buying 10,000ZP. So if you buy something for 3,900, 10% is 390. 390ZP converted to its monetary value is only around 39 Cents. Is that how the donations are set up?

This is why im asking for a Mod.
  • The name card for 90 days costs 1900 BP. 1900 BP = 19000 ZP ≈ $ 17.09 x 10% = $ 1.71
  • Ryuubi wrote: »
    Ok, so yeah, just a quick question about the 10% donation to japan on Panda items bought. And yes, ive used the search function already. Not much out there to find on this topic though, so it didnt help much.

My question is this; Does buying the Panda Hat count? Its a GP item, not ZP, so im not sure how they would make a 10% donation off of the players buying this item, but since I dont have any ZP, id certainly buy the Hat since it costs GP instead. The image for it is on the update page for the section on the donations, but then again, all the other Panda items DO cost ZP. Was this item being included on the donation % a mistake?

If a Mod, or someone higher up (Yes, im referring to you, Saidin) could just post a simple answer about this item, id very much appreciate it.

We'll be making a more detailed announcement on this next week. We didn't want it to get lost in all the patch stuff. (so it's just been released via press and the patch page).

Yes, we'll be converting %'s of GP and BP to equiv values in real dollars when working out the final donation amount.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    We'll be making a more detailed announcement on this next week. We didn't want it to get lost in all the patch stuff. (so it's just been released via press and the patch page).

Yes, we'll be converting %'s of GP and BP to equiv values in real dollars when working out the final donation amount.

Alright, thank you for the reply Saidin. I just wasnt sure if we had some sort of time limit to buy the items for the donation to count. I'll be looking forward to the post that explains it more thoroughly.
  • Ryuubi wrote: »
    Alright, thank you for the reply Saidin. I just wasnt sure if we had some sort of time limit to buy the items for the donation to count. I'll be looking forward to the post that explains it more thoroughly.

FYI the time (as noted on the patch page and in the patch notes) is from March 24 - April 24. So plenty of time!