Suggestions for sending in reports on hackers

I'll try to make this brief.

Since the people who own and code Crossfire are having a difficult time keeping hackers to a minimum it's really starting to fall upon the legit players to weed out those who hack. Unfortuntately from many of the comments I've read here the reporting system apparently needs a little fine tuning. So here are suggestions to perhaps improve the system.

1. There should be a way to check and see which hackers a player has reported and what the status of the report is. For example

Player Name - Status - Number of complaints registered - IP Address

Ihackdaily - Pending - 6 - 192.12.5.4
Imtooevil - Banned - 40 - 192.78.5.1
Killerofsaints - Cleared - 0 - 192.112.5.3

2. Whenever a player sends in a report on hacker who gets banned that player should receive some type of compensation. After all it's not the players job to maintain the game. Perhaps for each hacker the player gets banned a black market coupon could be awarded, 500 gp, 1000 xp, etc..

3. I'm sure there are high amount of reports that are sent in on a daily basis which likely takes a long time to review. So perhaps there could be an application for players to apply to review videos. The players could watch the video, notate the times in the video that a hacker is clearly using hacks and input that into a report. An employee of the company could then view that report, confirm and then take appropriate action. That would probably be faster than having a person watch the entire video, I'm sure it would save a lot of time if they knew exactly what point in the video the hacking is taking place. Again the players who volunteer could be awarded something for their time.

4. The last suggestion I have and perhaps the most important one is for the company to COMMUNICATE with the people who play the game. There are many players here who spend a lot of time and money on this game and they would like it to be successful so they can continue to play. Talk to these people, with some communication a lot of problems in the game can be ironed out.

Comments

• KillGod wrote: »
    Not bad suggestions actually...

thanks, hopefully one of the mods will think so too and maybe pass this on.
  • then the BRs will make alts to hack, report themselves and get free bp/zp/crates. SMART!
  • EHn9 wrote: »
    then the BRs will make alts to hack, report themselves and get free bp/zp/crates. SMART!

It would'nt be too hard to track which people try to abuse the system. A high amount of reports from people with similar IPs, ISPs or subnets could tip off the company on who's trying to cheat the system. Also it should'nt be hard to keep track of MAC addresses on who hacks and who sends in reports could also narrow things down a bit.
  • Stee1Golem wrote: »
    It would'nt be too hard to track which people try to abuse the system. A high amount of reports from people with similar IPs, ISPs or subnets could tip off the company on who's trying to cheat the system. Also it should'nt be hard to keep track of MAC addresses on who hacks and who sends in reports could also narrow things down a bit.

its also not hard to use a proxy.
    its also not hard to use a proxy.

and it's really not hard to criticize.

where are your suggestions for improving the game? or do you just troll posts of people who want to see the game get better
  • Stee1Golem wrote: »
    and it's really not hard to criticize.

where are your suggestions for improving the game? or do you just troll posts of people who want to see the game get better

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=125162
    nice try, you shouldn't get rewarded for reporting. You are already rewarded by having less hac.kers in the community so giving GP/coupons/etc does not make a difference.
  • Nice ideas and comments. There probably won't be a reward system because of the extra headache it could bring. Back when I was sending hack reports daily it was enough to know that players actually were being banned by my reports. #4 on your list is really important since we are going through extra effort to improve the game on our end. Equal out the ZP items with more GP items for those of us who don't spend all our money on this hacked out game ) :
  • Idea thief :)

Yeah, I have the similar as yours, it was posted several times.

1. z8 would not allow the IGN to appears to be banned. They don't want to handle the arguments. But your idea is good, they just need to issue an ticket number to reporter, and the status of the ticket can be queried. Reporter can look it up, while no one knows what it is. Others can find new reports get approved every day, they know something is going on. There is no IGN leak.

By the way, the ip can not be used for ban, so there is no meaning to be listed.

2. I don't think reporting a hacker need to be rewarded by GP or zp --- I think one of the MoD told me there is no way to get rewarded by submit report, even I was just trying to reward the correct reporter credit, which is no in current system and is just a integer number for each account to measure the player's attitude toward hacker.
    The credit system can be like this:
    They just need to add 1 credit to the player to make his vote weigh more.
    If his report is apparently a false report, get rid of 5 credit.
    If he was found for abusing the vote, decrease the credit by half.

Z8 only create a badge for players who has lots of credits. Or create a campaign in the month when there are more hackers. Because it is much easier to lose credit then to gain one, those who cares about it would be very careful. And to avoid those who make a new account and report it, just increase the complexity to register a new account, or increase the cost to make a new account (e.g., hardware ban --- if it is legal). Also, any smily face can only play in certain server or in room, till they are clear with the registration (frequently send question to confirm in email).

3. I have suggested 3 alternative ways:
    a. as many did, improve the replay system, so that it can work as media player, you can choose the point the start to play with.
    b. the replay can be truncated, so that we need less time to upload, and reviewer take less time to watch it.
    c. develop an application to scan the replay to confirm certain hacks, 1 shot kill, for example, should be more precise and easier to do with scanner than with normal review. So other hacks, like long range knife, under ground, in glitch, are all detectable. Aimbot and waller might be harder to be done by program, but set a threshold level to filter the false report can also help. And the algorithm can be tested and improved, finally it can be integrated with client, to prefilter result before a vote kick. And create auto report once a hacker is confirmed by all the clients in the room. The suspect can be banned directly.

4. I have suggested them to reply the hack thread properly, I have suggested them to take part in the discussions, I have suggested to put some rule in the game "hack or glitch will cause ban", or show one or two IGN who got reported most and being banned in the week. These will make the hackers know they are hated not only by players, the guys with authority to fight them want to ban them (lots of kids would not try hacks if they have seen some one being banned). These will make the community that z8 is with them on the hack problem. These will reduce lots of hack complain thread without closing them.

They seems just can NOT accept that hack complain is caused by hack. They are familar with the periodical outbreak of the hackers, but they just don't want to discuss it -- and they have a quite right reason: we have already known it, talking more about it create no effect.

I would suggest you to send PM to MoD and GM and CM to take part in the discussion, otherwise, it is more likely no important ones will read it.
  • I like the idea of the communication. I have sent in several reports on players and never hear weather they are banned or not. I have sent in reports and 3 weeks later played in a game and they are in it. I don't think you will see a reward system to many ways around it. I think if they would get legit players and adda few ingame mods with ability to suspend an account until it is reviewed might help. But very good suggestions I believe.
    then the BRs will make alts to hack, report themselves and get free bp/zp/crates. SMART!

They can track their IP and ban BOTH accounts!
  • llJackll wrote: »
    They can track their IP and ban BOTH accounts!

as i said earlier, they can hack with another account using a proxy.