Ability to Report Players in the Crossfire Lobby

I think you should add a little "Report Player" button when you open the soldier profile, then be able to select a replay to go along with it. I think this would allow for actual hackers to be reported much quicker, as I frequently find myself being to lazy to have to go through everything from the online form.

Comments

• Yeah I hope they implement that feature not only being lazy but sometimes I forgot report them in the z8 site
  • It would be better if they implemented it into games.
  • i support+1
    you are the smartest guy that wud actually reduce da amount of hacrs in game and scare them i just hope z8 games looks at this thread my in game name is pro*for*life gonna open after 3 hrs
  • I think you should add a little "Report Player" button when you open the soldier profile, then be able to select a replay to go along with it. I think this would allow for actual hackers to be reported much quicker, as I frequently find myself being to lazy to have to go through everything from the online form.

You would still need time to upload 3M replay files.
    Hackers normally leave the room either before it ends or right after the result is shown. You normally don't have time to select them.
    All the replay should be reviewed first, otherwise there might be wrong report. And they have to finished all the video searching for the clue. That will take more time to review.

The only benefit of this is, we don't need to remember the player name.
  • GhostArch wrote: »
    You would still need time to upload 3M replay files.
    Hackers normally leave the room either before it ends or right after the result is shown. You normally don't have time to select them.
    All the replay should be reviewed first, otherwise there might be wrong report. And they have to finished all the video searching for the clue. That will take more time to review.

The only benefit of this is, we don't need to remember the player name.

I don't remember the cheaters names. I either take a SS and save the replay or rename the replay to the cheaters IGN.
  • Noobs spam reports. I get 10 - 0 on BL on ghost team and get kicked. So I would get more reports and someone will just spam it. :|
  • This will come soon; it's in CF China already!

It could ruim the replay system!

Imagine a legit GM player, he'll be reported 8 times per room by the hole BL team!

Since we have a LOT of QQers in this game, this method can't be added!
  • vMiami wrote: »
    I don't remember the cheaters names. I either take a SS and save the replay or rename the replay to the cheaters IGN.

Same here. I was trying to point out that the idea might not very good.

The reason I mentioned about cheater's IGN: because every time to review the replay and retype the name is painful, especially soemtimes there is 1 or l, 0 or O. And we easily write h34dsh0t as headshot because we remember things by meaning. I have suggested a button during replay to copy the time and name just because of this.

But now I think to display time might not necessary, with a button the time can be abstracted into clip board with IGN. Also, if there is a function to cut the portion of replay, the server side might have lower burden on both traffic and disk space. It can also save the time to upload and review.
  • I do understand your concerns with it being spammed, but there are solutions. First of all, most people who complain that you're hacking (unrightfully) won't report you. Partly because they don't know how and partly because they don't care.

Typically when you are accused of hacking, the player accusing you really doesn't believe you do infact cheat. I find that many players simply rage and threaten when they are against a player who is significantly better.

But a solution would be to add fields for more accurate information. That way you can usually draw a line between the few players reporting in rage and the players reporting a legitimate case of hacking. Requiring exact times and rounds that hacking occurred would require reviewing a replay and confirming the bogus kills.

To address the concerns of the hacker leaving before you can review the replay, simply adding a "Review Replay" button somewhere in the report form would allow you to write down times and confirm your suspicions without fear of you being unable to find the player IGN again. A recommendation for this is to automatically carry the player into the lobby when reporting another player.

Another thing to keep in mind is that actual people are reviewing the reports. So when they see a flood of reports on the same player where a majority of the replays show no signs of cheating, the reviewer can simply make a note of it.

Again, most players raging about a better player will NOT report it. Most whiners are not doers.

Requiring more information in a report in addition to making the report section more easily accessible should lead to tracking down and banning hackers much more quickly and efficiently. In the long-run people are less likely to hack, knowing that it is much easier for them to be reported and punished.

In addition, please consider other players and how it should be fair play for everyone, rather than being more worried about your own well-being. Legitimate players will be reported regardless and adding this feature may just slightly increase the reports of legitimate players, while exponentially increasing the reports of hackers.

Thank you all for your comments and please feel free to address more concerns.
  • llJackll wrote: »

Imagine a legit GM player, he'll be reported 8 times per room by the hole BL team!

You made a good point. I'd probably get banned in a day... :(
    I think you should add a little "Report Player" button when you open the soldier profile, then be able to select a replay to go along with it. I think this would allow for actual hackers to be reported much quicker, as I frequently find myself being to lazy to have to go through everything from the online form.

There are already plenty of threads asking for a report system in-game. Use the search button next time, but be sure not to revive any old threads.
  • You made a good point. I'd probably get banned in a day... :(

There are already plenty of threads asking for a report system in-game. Use the search button next time, but be sure not to revive any old threads.

I see what you're saying, but dead-threads do no good without bumping or creating a new thread that better-addresses people's concerns.

:)
  • I see what you're saying, but dead-threads do no good without bumping or creating a new thread that better-addresses people's concerns.

Reviving old threads is against the rules (threads that are a few weeks/months old). People should just look for a more recent one. If not, then I'm sure it's acceptable to just restart the topic.

I see your point in how people can just auto-spam the report button on your pro GM gameplay, but remember: GM is NOT the only mode you can possibly play in CF.. Unless of course you like GM or suck in every other mode.

totally agree.
  • I think you should add a little "Report Player" button when you open the soldier profile, then be able to select a replay to go along with it. I think this would allow for actual hackers to be reported much quicker, as I frequently find myself being to lazy to have to go through everything from the online form.

the way i see it z8 dont care if peaple hack so i dont think they are going to do anything there lazy
  • sh1mush1 wrote: »
    totally agree.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you read the big post I made above yours regarding that exact issue.

• ur suggestion is not good cuz it's not affect basic idea of reduce h4ks. just to report them ingame or support ticket is wasting of time. cuz most cheaters are lowbobs and can create new account easily. suggestion should solve whole system to prove cheaters not to play cf with cheats. well when u report an cheater it would make no difference how much time will gone till he will get banned.
    also ur suggestion don't makes cheaters leave cf is just another trash-idea wich based on cheaters ingame. how much is ur suggestion worthly when real anti-cheat fix released?
    so think in other way to reduce h4ks ingame. 1kb patcher does ... report ingame waste of time. if u see highranked cheater u will spend ur time to report.

no offense still -1.

P.S in my opinion korean have solved this issue constantly on every game on korean servers ... cuz they need for every acc they create personally korean ID.