Million Dollar Idea that requires 0$. (MODs pls read)

Ok here's my million dollar idea. Since z8games does not want to get rid of the laggers aka SA's and since most of the forumer community along with those who are silent in-game and are fed up with these laggers roaming around the North American servers, the best obvious solution would be to make a server for the SA's....
I don't remember where or which MOD said it but he said that "there's two servers" which we know as the South Servers. However, as many BR's who have the blank to show up on the forums have said that most of the BR's can't speak english, mostly portuguese... So, how about renaming the South Servers to "Brasilian Servers" or "South American" servers but in portugese? Can't be that hard to type in "South American Server" in the google translator and copy n paste it over the current name of the server.

Why should we do this?:
1. Because like I said before, most of these SA's can't speak english, so if they see a server that's named in portugese, most likely, they'll go over there.

2. Some SA's with the blank to show up here demand a server, so why not rename it so they feel special that they have their own server in their own language?

3. It will also show wether or not SA's want to play with each other or if they're just here to annoy the heck out of the low pingers such as myself.

4. Most importantly, there's no cost to it.. The servers are already there, all it is is renaming the servers. Not much effort to do this.

Comments

• I'm just wondering how would this make Sweet Money?
  • Ok well z8games does not want to get rid of SA's and we the low pingers shouldnt have to deal with their BS lagging just because z8games wants to make a quick buck.

If this does work and if just even 70% of the SA community go and use these servers, there'd be less laggers in the normal servers which gives way to less laggers.. Less laggers means more fair play with the exception of occasional cheaters.

So when SA's see that everyone they're playing against has similar ping, then they'll most likely spend money on it.

And when the low pingers play in the normal servers and see there's less laggers, they'll most likely spend more money on it.

Even if it is a fail, at least we will know that SA's are trash and they do not want to do anything other than get on our nerves.
  • Will not work, they dont want to play hacker V hacker... They will keep playing in all servers... Best thing to do is ban them all to the south servers.......
  • ItsKom wrote: »
    I'm just wondering how would this make Sweet Money?

It's just a phrase?
    vMiami wrote: »
    Since z8games does not want to get rid of the laggers aka SA's and since most of the forumer community along with those who are silent in-game and are fed up with these laggers roaming around the North American servers, the best obvious solution would be to make a server for the SA's....

As much as I would like this, I doubt it'll be implemented into the game.
  • Well we know that z8games wont do that so, might as well change the servers that give less lag to the SA's have it renamed in portugese so they don't just neglect it.
  • It's just a phrase?

As much as I would like this, I doubt it'll be implemented into the game.

Keep reading. I am not asking for a new server. I am asking for 2 servers to be renamed in portugese.
  • vMiami wrote: »
    Well we know that z8games wont do that so, might as well change the servers that give less lag to the SA's have it renamed in portugese so they don't just neglect it.

Even so, servers closer to SA are in southern area of the USA. SA players would still lag and NA players who play in those servers probably wouldn't be too happy with a bunch of SA players suddenly playing in their usual server.
  • Even so, servers closer to SA are in southern area of the USA. SA players would still lag and NA players who play in those servers probably wouldn't be too happy with a bunch of SA players suddenly playing in their usual server.

Well there's a big difference between 250 ping and 110 ping.
    Have you ever seen the SA servers? They're a ghost town and riddled with smart SA's already. So if renamed it in portugese, maybe just maybe more SA's will play there. Even if it's for a few months it will be the best few months in Cross Fire history.

EDIT: I live near the South server and I always play on the Canadian servers since I don't lag.
  • You suggested this idea today. Don't be surprised when this gets accepted (if it ever does) after 1 year. CF developers are just so slow and lazy, even this small change will take them months to implement. Gotta love CF!
  • I often see EU players on the Toronto servers, despite there being several UK servers that would provide fewer latency issues. Their latency (we like to call it ping, but that's really not accurate) can show higher than most BR players. Do you expect Z8 to start renaming UK servers in something other than the language of the country the servers reside in there as well?
    Ok here's my million dollar idea. Since z8games does not want to get rid of the laggers aka SA's and since most of the forumer community along with those who are silent in-game and are fed up with these laggers roaming around the North American servers, the best obvious solution would be to make a server for the SA's....
    I don't remember where or which MOD said it but he said that "there's two servers" which we know as the South Servers. However, as many BR's who have the blank to show up on the forums have said that most of the BR's can't speak english, mostly portuguese... So, how about renaming the South Servers to "Brasilian Servers" or "South American" servers but in portugese? Can't be that hard to type in "South American Server" in the google translator and copy n paste it over the current name of the server.

Why should we do this?:
    1. Because like I said before, most of these SA's can't speak english, so if they see a server that's named in portugese, most likely, they'll go over there.

2. Some SA's with the blank to show up here demand a server, so why not rename it so they feel special that they have their own server in their own language?

3. It will also show wether or not SA's want to play with each other or if they're just here to annoy the heck out of the low pingers such as myself.

4. Most importantly, there's no cost to it.. The servers are already there, all it is is renaming the servers. Not much effort to do this.

I would rather suggest a algorithm to kick the player based on ping number before and after each game.

In a room, the players' average ping is acquired, so that if you spike frequently, you might get higher ping.
    The average ping of all player is then calculated, as well as the standard deviation.
    When the game end, or before game start, any player whose ping is above 150 and is over 3 times standard deviation above the average ping of all the players will be kicked automatically. The score still valid, but he can not join next match, he can rejoin the room 1 game later only.

Lets see how it works. In evening, lots of NA players are online, because of the ping advantage, a room will soon kick out the high ping players and low ping player joins, that make the average ping lower, and higher ping player would less likely to be able to join.

High ping player can only stay in the room when there are lots of similar or higher pings. And lonely low ping player should expect he can only play with high ping player.
  • GhostArch wrote: »
    I would rather suggest a algorithm to kick the player based on ping number before and after each game.

In a room, the players' average ping is acquired, so that if you spike frequently, you might get higher ping.
    The average ping of all player is then calculated, as well as the standard deviation.
    When the game end, or before game start, any player whose ping is above 150 and is over 3 times standard deviation above the average ping of all the players will be kicked automatically. The score still valid, but he can not join next match, he can rejoin the room 1 game later only.

Lets see how it works. In evening, lots of NA players are online, because of the ping advantage, a room will soon kick out the high ping players and low ping player joins, that make the average ping lower, and higher ping player would less likely to be able to join.

High ping player can only stay in the room when there are lots of similar or higher pings. And lonely low ping player should expect he can only play with high ping player.

I don't like that idea too much.. That's similar to a ping cap and z8games doesnt want that... A ping cap or algorithim is what we do need but it won't happen since they don't want to get rid of SA's. My idea is simple and if z8games put enough hype into it, hopefully 50% of the SA community will flood and spam those servers rather than having to play in the normal servers. Lot of the SA's don't know better and the others do and others do and don't give a dam because they just want to annoy ppl with their m12 and 200 ping, omg where the hell did he come from lag.

I don't like ur idea because then it limits everything and if that does go into effect, I wont play as often as I am now. All I'm asking is to rename the servers that z8games put out there for the SA's. Since they're illeterate to English, maybe if we put a portugeze name on the servers and also have a paragraph of the mame change on the g4box and z8games main page, it might just get more SA's to leave the low pingers alone for a long while.
  • Well at least NA's won't QQ about laggers anymore. I agree
  • Wow a MOD hasn't posted....

They can't do that either. It was suggested once...dont remember when...but that would be breaking their contract or whatever.
  • Wow a MOD hasn't posted....

They can't do that either. It was suggested once...dont remember when...but that would be breaking their contract or whatever.

How would that be breaking the contract? All it is, is renaming a server like they've done in the past. The only thing I'm asking is this time to change the 2 servers names into portuguese since they don't want to get rid of the SA's, they'll have a server that the SA's can call home.

After all a MOD did say that those two servers are for SA's, so why not name those 2 servers in portugese? Make them feel more welcome since they don't want to ban them.
  • TheSkarjj wrote: »
    Good idea, won't happen. They don't care.

I believe this is the case as it always has been. They'd rather have 100 un-satisfied customers than to ban the hack/lag capital of the world.
    I don't like that idea too much.. That's similar to a ping cap and z8games doesnt want that... A ping cap or algorithim is what we do need but it won't happen since they don't want to get rid of SA's. My idea is simple and if z8games put enough hype into it, hopefully 50% of the SA community will flood and spam those servers rather than having to play in the normal servers. Lot of the SA's don't know better and the others do and others do and don't give a dam because they just want to annoy ppl with their m12 and 200 ping, omg where the hell did he come from lag.

Hi vMiami:

The algorithm will not block off the SA. Instead, it just NA player, who has low ping, and maybe some low ping player from other place (like South America), advantage to gain the chance to enter a room. The algorithm is trying to make the ping regulation flexible based on players. If everyone has 50-100 ping, it is unlikely a 200 ping player can join. But if all the players has 200 ping, a 25 ping player can still have the chance to play in the room if he want. But the 2000 ping player will definitely be kicked from the room. If all the players in the room are 2000 ping, we would not bother because neither 25 or 250 ping player would like to join. But if someone joined and more come, the 2000 ping player will soon get pushed out.

that is what I want.

Because change a server name is easy and cost nothing, it is worth trying it. But we should expect there are high pingers in everywhere. Example, there are lots of EU players in NA server, even the server is NA and the ping is larger for them. Exactly the same reason they want to go to NA instead of EU server will applied to SA player and SA server.
  • GhostArch wrote: »
    Hi vMiami:

The algorithm will not block off the SA. Instead, it just NA player, who has low ping, and maybe some low ping player from other place (like South America), advantage to gain the chance to enter a room. The algorithm is trying to make the ping regulation flexible based on players. If everyone has 50-100 ping, it is unlikely a 200 ping player can join. But if all the players has 200 ping, a 25 ping player can still have the chance to play in the room if he want. But the 2000 ping player will definitely be kicked from the room. If all the players in the room are 2000 ping, we would not bother because neither 25 or 250 ping player would like to join. But if someone joined and more come, the 2000 ping player will soon get pushed out.

that is what I want.

Ok. Tricky math though... In reality, my idea is really the most simpliest idea to give SA's a chance.

Your idea is good and I like it, I just don't see any of those z8games designers going out of their way to make this.. However, spending all of 2 minutes to rename a server and release a maitenance patch just might sound more appealing to the designers.

So if they don't use my idea, there's very little chance they'll use yours or anyone else's idea.
  • This subject HAS been touched on before by [GM]Saidin.

Legally, then can not name the servers with "Brazil" or "Brazilian" in the title because they do not have a license or contract allowing them to conduct any sort of business regarding Brazil. It is not within their rights to do so and not possible unless they renegotiate the terms of their contract with Neowiz. Until then, South Server is the best they can do. Apologies.
    Ok. Tricky math though... In reality, my idea is really the most simpliest idea to give SA's a chance.

Your idea is good and I like it, I just don't see any of those z8games designers going out of their way to make this.. However, spending all of 2 minutes to rename a server and release a maitenance patch just might sound more appealing to the designers.

So if they don't use my idea, there's very little chance they'll use yours or anyone else's idea.

Exactly. I have seen some of MoD/GM/CM response in suggestion area, but I can not remember when did it happens ---- it might be older than this game.

Wow, it happened just now :)

I don't dislike the idea. But I just feel the naming can not restrict the players. EU player are already all around, why the SA player could follow the rule of naming. Unless we can use ping to restrict
  • This subject HAS been touched on before by [GM]Saidin.

Legally, then can not name the servers with "Brazil" or "Brazilian" in the title because they do not have a license or contract allowing them to conduct any sort of business regarding Brazil. It is not within their rights to do so and not possible unless they renegotiate the terms of their contract with Neowiz. Until then, South Server is the best they can do. Apologies.

Ok.. That'll do it... Re-negotiation is almost a must since the majority of in-game players in the NA servers are South Americans. We all want that extra boost in money so if they could allow it, that'll solve alot of the headaches we have now.

Just suggesting after all... I know there's lots of work to be done in order to conduct a meeting or do anything that will allow SA's in general to play with full approval. But the sooner the better, they've always been around and coming to good terms with Neowiz will certainly boost the game. At least that's how I see it..
  • This won't make money but it's a good idea.
  • It is really a G4Box problem, and the problem is, they have bigger fish to fry then this right now. So we won't see it happening anytime soon.
    Respectfully,
    PROACEX1
  • My ping is at 230-360,so can i still play it?
  • Hhitman wrote: »
    My ping is at 230-360,so can i still play it?

Well if you're a BR or a South American, you can. I never said I wanted the SA's banned from this game although I do desperately wish that at times. Z8games gave you guys a server called "south server" or something along those lines. It's empty most of the time because alot of the BR's can't speak/read english. I garuantee if you are in South America and if you play on these 2 servers, your ping will be cut in half if not more.
  • Hhitman wrote: »
    My ping is at 230-360,so can i still play it?

I wish to have ping restricted room, if the method to regulate it is different. The main point is, if all of others have 50 ping while you have 300 ping, you might make other 15 people have painful game experience. So you should consider to play with guys with similar ping range. Therefore, no one can complain others for the ping.

You can choose server in vMiami's method, you can choose a room you can enter in a ping regulated scheme. Anyway, you should still able to play.