No votes

Votekicks. Why do people who not vote, automatically count as a no?
Imagine if anyone who didn't vote in the presidential election automatically counted as a vote for the President. Just wouldn't work.

Anyone that doesn't vote, shouldn't count in a votekick. The ratios for a valid kick should still be the same, but if someone doesn't vote, their vote just shouldn't count instead of being an automatic 'no'.

Comments

• I almost never bother to press F12 if there's no cheat in game. Just let the 15 seconds pass.
  • If it were any other way then many of us would never be able to complete a game.

As things are now it is difficult sometimes to finish games even when many people give me the benefit of the doubt based on my rank.
  • I dont press F11 or F12 if I dont see anything wrong with the player, but I agree. Non-voters shouldn't count.
  • I dont press F11 or F12 if I dont see anything wrong with the player, but I agree. Non-voters shouldn't count.

Usually same goes for me. If I don't know either way I don't tend to get involved as I know it will still become F12.

However if I am positive they do not deserve kicking I think pressing F12 helps to add a bit of a postive vibe to the player concerned as then the disagree count goes up immediately rather than leaving it to the end of the the vote for it to become an automatic F12. People will see the increased F12 count and it may sway there decision or maybe not.

Although I'm not sure about non-voters not counting as most people know that means they will be an F12 count in the end. If that were to suddenly change, alot more innocent people will get kicked just because people do not vote and I do not think that is right either. It will result in a just a few people crying to get you kicked.
  • CyberCatUK wrote: »
    Usually same goes for me. If I don't know either way I don't tend to get involved as I know it will still become F12.

However if I am positive they do not deserve kicking I think pressing F12 helps to add a bit of a postive vibe to the player concerned as then the disagree count goes up immediately rather than leaving it to the end of the the vote for it to become an automatic F12. People will see the increased F12 count and it may sway there decision or maybe not.

Although I'm not sure about non-voters not counting as most people know that means they will be an F12 count in the end. If that were to suddenly change, alot more innocent people will get kicked just because people do not vote and I do not think that is right either. It will result in a just a few people crying to get you kicked.

You give people too much credit. I really think that a bunch of them are just too stupid to find their F11 button... :)
  • mxr229 wrote: »
    You give people too much credit. I really think that a bunch of them are just too stupid to find their F11 button... :)

That maybe so. But if this is true and with the OP's suggestion, they also wouldn't be able to find their F12 button to vote against kicking me and I'll end up being kicked even more. :mad:

I'm all for a better way of getting true hackers kicked but not at the expensive of seeing the odds of myself being kicked increase.
  • CyberCatUK wrote: »
    That maybe so. But if this is true and with the OP's suggestion, they also wouldn't be able to find their F12 button to vote against kicking me and I'll end up being kicked even more. :mad:

I'm all for a better way of getting true hackers kicked but not at the expensive of seeing the odds of myself being kicked increase.

That was the point of my first post in this thread. :)
  • maybe not count as a vote to kik him, but just be neutral and not make a choice at all, seems more fair to me
  • HsTL_BeAsT wrote: »
    maybe not count as a vote to kik him, but just be neutral and not make a choice at all, seems more fair to me
    Whether the vote is neutral or doesn't count, wouldn't change anything.
    The only thing that matters in a votekick is yes or no.