Fraps and gamebooster

I dont know if this should be on this section or in the technichal support section, but since this isnt a problem, and only a few people check the technichal support section... ill just post it here.

Ok so i have 60 fps on a 8vs8 game, it's fine for me i used to have <20, should i get gamebooster or any other program? Some people say it's worth it, others say it doesnt help at all.

When i record in a 8vs8 game i get like 30 fps(i think that if there's less than 16 players in the room i still have 30fps) but when i try to record in a cw , a 3vs3 cw i get 10 fps. I just dont get it...

Comments

• Tried GB, not much of a different, in fact.. I can say it did nothing at all.
    *This is just me.. download it and try it for yourself.
  • Tried GB, not much of a different, in fact.. I can say it did nothing at all.
    *This is just me.. download it and try it for yourself.

Thx for the help, im planning to
  • Have you ever noticed when you do a clan war that it takes longer to load the game?
  • I don't trust GameBooster, but it's your decision.

Use Advanced SystemCare to de-frag your hard drive, clean up your reg, and get rid of any crap clogging up your PC's memory.
    Rabbz wrote: »
    Have you ever noticed when you do a clan war that it takes longer to load the game?

It's because, since you can't join mid-game, it has to ensure everyone who joined has loaded up, before you can start.
  • Game booster doesn't give much of a difference, to be honest.. - -''
  • I don't trust GameBooster, but it's your decision.

Use Advanced SystemCare to de-frag your hard drive, clean up your reg, and get rid of any crap clogging up your PC's memory.

Well, have you used Gamebooster before?

If so, have you compared it with Advanced SystemCare?

What was your concluding thoughts about it?

*not being an ass here, just asking his opinion...
    *thinking of trying out Advanced SystemCare for myself...
  • one_9 wrote: »

But what do you think?
  • one_9 wrote: »

Sorry for the lack of detail, I've written so much about the two before, it gets tiresome after so long.

But in basic terms;

GameBooster: CAN mildly improve your fps and loading times, only really beneficial to those on laptops, or those who have a PC which just about clears the recommended system requirements for CrossFire.
    I've had generally good experiences with GB, it certainly helped me top 60 fps 8v8 on the laptop.
    The only downside being, it messes with your reg files a little too much for my liking.

Which is where ASC (Advanced SystemCare) comes in:
    ASC shouldn't be seen as a replacement or an alternative to GameBooster, in fact they're both produced by ioBit. Advanced SystemCare basically serves the purpose of speeding your pc up, to it's original state (or as close as possible). It cleans up all unnecessary reg files, and de-frags ALOT faster than that of Windows own defragmental tool. It also has it's own malware and virus detection suite.
    ASC does however, have a 'boost' option, similar to that of GameBooster. There are also options to choose how you'd like your PC to perform, whether that be 'Entertainment Centre', or 'Gaming Rig'.
    ASC certainly helps with day to day use, but it won't blow your mind away with a new lease of life for your PC. Even so, I'd still recommend you try it.
  • Sorry for the lack of detail, I've written so much about the two before, it gets tiresome after so long.

But in basic terms;

GameBooster: CAN mildly improve your fps and loading times, only really beneficial to those on laptops, or those who have a PC which just about clears the recommended system requirements for CrossFire.
    I've had generally good experiences with GB, it certainly helped me top 60 fps 8v8 on the laptop.
    The only downside being, it messes with your reg files a little too much for my liking.

Which is where ASC (Advanced SystemCare) comes in:
    ASC shouldn't be seen as a replacement or an alternative to GameBooster, in fact they're both produced by ioBit. Advanced SystemCare basically serves the purpose of speeding your pc up, to it's original state (or as close as possible). It cleans up all unnecessary reg files, and de-frags ALOT faster than that of Windows own defragmental tool. It also has it's own malware and virus detection suite.
    ASC does however, have a 'boost' option, similar to that of GameBooster. There are also options to choose how you'd like your PC to perform, whether that be 'Entertainment Centre', or 'Gaming Rig'.
    ASC certainly helps with day to day use, but it won't blow your mind away with a new lease of life for your PC. Even so, I'd still recommend you try it.

on my 8 year old computer, using gamebooster makes my fps go up by 10, when it was like 10 to begin with (or used to be) thats a hugeeee difference, however my friends rig, has normally 200+fps, game booster is irrelevant. gb if your computer is suckish. i use smart defrag =3

how was biking josh?
  • If you're using an old system, just use both, you have nothing to lose :p
    how was biking josh?

Was awesome thnx, tired as hell though, then I had to sit there in the hairdressers for 2 hours whilst Erika (cute nose girl) got her hair done.
    I'm now the king of iPhone games :p
  • GB doesn't really help. It just closes un-wanted applications in the background and such and that helps abit, but it's cuts your CPU down bring you down to about 10-40 FPS.

Get rid of un-wanted programs
    Get 'Smart Defragment 2' - Analyze & De-frag
    Get rid of viruses/worm/ect..
    Clean some files like your recycling bin/****-PC/Windows_USERS/ect..

It should help increase it. Also when running fraps have it running on 30FPS. All you need