Welcome our newest moderator [MOD]Kelathe!

Comments

• Congratulations and welcome!

After the party its time for work and there is much to be done. :P
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Kelathe has been a veteran member of the community and a skilled player of the game for a long time now.

His opinions and input have been valued additions to our community here and we hope that he'll fit right in as a member of our team to help out!

So take a moment to welcome our newest Moderator [MOD]Kelathe!

Can't say I was expecting it (I wasn't even expecting a new Mod :rolleyes: ) but I truly thinks Kelathe deserves it. Each time I see his avatar, I'm pretty sure I will have an interesting & well constructed post to read.

Congratulations.

ps : good luck with all the spam. Even though the ribbon is removed there are still noobs posting useless messages (even on this thread...)
  • Welcome to the team. keel me for being late.
    This is true. Us3r, dot and Giggle are all EU mods. Which with the addition of another mod still makes up more than 1/4 of our group.

It should also be noted that we bring in mods when we feel more help is needed. We would like to find ways to recognize our senior members because we can't simply make everyone a moderator. But we are still exploring options for something like that.

Sure it's true. Everything I say is true :D

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to tell me.

Maybe you could rephrase it for me because I really think it's intersting and feel stupid for not understanding what you mean. I understand your words and sentances, no pronlem with that.

May I suggest a "Veteran Forumer" or "Veteran Scribe" ribbon: You have posted over a year ago.

Looking forward to your "rephrasement".

[MOD]DDoTt wrote: »
    Welcome to the team. keel me for being late.

You aren't late you're just in time :D
  • Rabbz wrote: »
    I could tell you wanted it.....

Anyway dont know you but do us proud.
    Sort of, but I kinda killed my chances.
  • Hey, I always love to have to new Mods.
    So welcome "the new guy" :)
  • To everyone saying "Who's this guy" or "Never heard of him":

Kelathe is an old veteran member. I remember joining around the time he did, and I joined a long time ago. He's a veteran, and knows his way around the game. He makes quality posts, though not all of the time, but he does so most of the time he posts. He pays attention to quality.

To be honest, I didn't count you in the picture. because I had thought you retired, but torwards patch time, I saw you being more active. Kelathe is mature, as I've stated times before and before. He deserves the position.

You guys have to realize [all of the people saying "Oh it should have been me."] that being a moderator isn't an easy position. You have to be on most of the time, and you have to stay updated. You can't just pop in every 10 days and pop back out. This isn't Canadian senate [yes, I'm shooting at my own country].

I've talked to countless moderators who have been stressed out due to the fact that there are much too many spammers or rule breakers.

It's not a title that you get, and not abilities to be higher than another person or group people. Being a mod is a responsibility and a deal to make the community better.

If you didn't get the position, tough luck. You know me, I've been trying for so long, you still don't see me making rage threads because of the choices. I learn to move on, and better myself. MrShad is trying to do that as well. It's life, you don't always get picked, but when you do, good for you.

Good luck Kelathe, hope to see you on a bit more, we should talk :D.
  • ^I'm pretty suprised you're not a MOD already.
  • Gratz on the promotion, hope you do a great job
  • fFacepalm wrote: »
    ^I'm pretty suprised you're not a MOD already.

Kelathe is more of a veteran. I've only been here since October of 2009, he's been here the whole time. It's not a competition, whether I'm a MOD or not, doesn't mean I can't help out the community :D.
  • HitK wrote: »
    Kelathe is more of a veteran. I've only been here since October of 2009, he's been here the whole time. It's not a competition, whether I'm a MOD or not, doesn't mean I can't help out the community :D.

Heh, age isn't everything though. I'm sure there's alot older people than me.

But you got my vote if it ever came up.
  • apqlwma wrote: »

Looking forward to your "rephrasement".

Rephrased:

There are limited moderator positions.

Just because you are a regular does not make you a moderator.

Being respected by the mods/staff or peers does not immediately mean you should be a moderator. Because there is only so much room for moderators.

We want to find ways of sending our respect to those members. Making them moderators only works for approximately 10-12 people. Not 20-50 people.

Also laughs to HitK for the political joke! :P
    Rephrased:

There are limited moderator positions.

Just because you are a regular does not make you a moderator.

Being respected by the mods/staff or peers does not immediately mean you should be a moderator. Because there is only so much room for moderators.

We want to find ways of sending our respect to those members. Making them moderators only works for approximately 10-12 people. Not 20-50 people.

Also laughs to HitK for the political joke! :P

Now let`s hope he gets over it that he can`t become a MOD that soon...

Congrats, Kelathe <3
  • HitK wrote: »

I've been here since July 2009 o_O you are like hyperactive (playin with words hehe).

I've been a forum stalker since then and started posting a couple of months ago (had 300posts before). I'm enjoying the forums and what I'm becomming thanks to the community (you guys, flammers and MODs). I feel kinda useless to the community since I am not good at photoshop or any artistic things nor is my english good enough to make guides as the one you have made in Off Topic (ultimate forumers guide) o_O. I really want to help this community, our community and be usefull.
    I've noticed that I (this only engages me) could be everything expecting from a MOD.

I've been more active in game (rank Captain right now) than on the forums but since xmas I have became active here (got a Galaxy S with 3G... ) and can come whenever I decide to, whenever I'm needed.

Edit:

@Saidin: thanks for rephrasing, I've got your point. I highly doubt I've got the respect of MODs xD. And what would be those ways of them them respect? (edit: your searching sry had missed that)

@Danah: I know I won't/can't be MOD right now. I know it will take months if not years (if it even happens one day) but I like this gake and I'm not counting on quiting before a long time. As my dad and some of you often say "patience is a vertue".
  • Congrats man,
    Maybe a good mod, that can help impact something.
    I like the mods now, but none of them seem to really "Help" the forum that much,
    i mean banning people is fine and all, but when's the last time you seen a thread going, "Taking suggestions for new ideas in the game"
  • CF_J wrote: »
    Congrats man,
    Maybe a good mod, that can help impact something.
    I like the mods now, but none of them seem to really "Help" the forum that much,
    i mean banning people is fine and all, but when's the last time you seen a thread going, "Taking suggestions for new ideas in the game"

The latest I can remeber was M4A1 silver. Me and Svanced (god knows what she's up to nowadays) had both had the same idea (I had seen a SS on the net, qha had made her own design: it was the golden on painted in silver). They mixed mine and hers and released it as bp (Don't tell me it was only a coincidance and I shouldn't feel special please :’( ).

I doubt MODs or even Saidin can influence DEVs much. They probably have already planned the upcomming patched (atleast the big lines).
  • you should have a ribbon for being a mod, then everybodi will try their best behavior in this forum to become mod
  • apqlwma wrote: »
    The latest I can remeber was M4A1 silver. Me and Svanced (god knows what she's up to nowadays) had both had the same idea (I had seen a SS on the net, qha had made her own design: it was the golden on painted in silver). They mixed mine and hers and released it as bp (Don't tell me it was only a coincidance and I shouldn't feel special please :’( ).

I doubt MODs or even Saidin can influence DEVs much. They probably have already planned the upcomming patched (atleast the big lines).
    Dude, if saidin wanted to, he could write them, walk up to 'em, or whatever and tell 'em an idea of ours. Could even have a list of ideas for them to look over. They could influence it, if they really wanted to.
  • you should have a ribbon for being a mod, then everybodi will try their best behavior in this forum to become mod

Well MODs don't really need a ribbon. Everybody already knows they are MODs because they have the moderator rank and the [MOD] tag on the forums and a Nametag in game.

Btw do you guys have a Spray?

CF_J wrote: »
    Dude, if saidin wanted to, he could write them, walk up to 'em, or whatever and tell 'em an idea of ours. Could even have a list of ideas for them to look over. They could influence it, if they really wanted to.

Who said he didn't? Not that I would know but he doesn't tell us everything he does. Maybe he just doesn't want to make DEVs look like *****es by saying they refuse everything he suggests.

That only saidin can tell us...