'Karma' Not this thread again...

bigfusion.gif

Okay, so we have all noticed the forums have been a bit crazy lately.
We also know that this is due to the current ribbon 'Military Intelligence'. Yes I do understand that when it comes to free stuff, you'll do whatever you want to get it amirite?.
And here we are... Players going crazy, posting random crap. Well in a more suitable term 'spam'.
We also know that this ribbon was a complete joke from the get go.. due to z8games changing the required post counts from 500? to 250 down to 25.
My point is..if we had a karma system this ribbon wouldn't of been easily abused like it was.
To newcomers and to the misinformed. The Karma system is one of the best systems to have in a forum when you want a community to be a contributing, helpful-friendly environment.
Like post counts you get 'Karma points' but in order to receive a 'Karma point' from another forumer you must make 'Helpful' and 'mature' posts.

Pros: 1. Faster and more helpful replies.
2. Community will look more 'mature', I mean just look at the posts and threads now ( no affence).
3. Future forum related ribbons will be less messy. Link to number of 'Karma points' rather than post counts.
4. Trolls and spammers might be fighting for their lives. Who likes people with '0 Karma points' loool. I keed. ;) idk.
5. Lead to better discussions, rather than having MODs close almost every 'good' thread' due to a troll trolling spammers/normal people or a flamer having a bad day.

Cons: 1. Might be abused by people who have 'cliques' such as only giving Karma to your friends.
2. Nobody likes wannabe MODs <----Loool. But yeah everyone will try to act perfect to get them desired 'Karma points'. -It happens- (at least their posts will be helpful)
3. ????

And my question is... why has this been suggested so many times, yet here is another?

/Discuss

No spammers, trolls, flamers....etc. Keep this thread clean. I WANT ANSWERS!!!

If you can read this..I'm pretty sure you read everything right? Thanks, meet me at the corner..for some..

Gum.

Comments