New Quick Join Options

The Quick Join is a great idea on the paper. Adding it was a good move but there is one problem : ever since I updated the game, I tried it a lot of times but I was never able to find a room meeting the requirements. Why ?

Because they are too specific. You can only choose one of each things, one mode, one map, one number of players. Hence my suggestions to add new options to it.

New Options in the Mode Selection :
modes.jpg
The current available options

Two possibilities to allow more modes to be chosen :

- Add a "Use Sorting Options" to the list of modes.
Basically it will tell the Quick Join to search among all the maps you ticked in the Sorting Options meeting the other Quick Join settings. It will also lock the Map Selection of course.
This way you can select several modes and several maps per mode at the same time.

- Change the way you choose the Modes and Maps.
Make it like the Sorting Options i.e. a menu with modes as tabs and on each tabs, maps to choose by ticking their boxes. It will have the same results as above but separating the Sorting Options and the Quick Join might be better if you don't like changing the settings often.

New Option in the Map Selection :
mapsj.jpg

- Add an "Any Map" option :
If I'm not mistaken, using "Random Map" in the Quick Join settings searches specifically for room that have set their map as "Random Map".
That's why we need to add a way to tell the Quick Join to search for any map of the Mode you selected.

New Options in the No. of Players Selection :
playersd.jpg

1, 4, 8 or 12. That's not enough.

- We should either add less specific options such as :
  • < 4
  • < 8
  • < 12
  • < 16
  • > 1
  • > 4
  • > 8
  • > 12

- Or we could have all the numbers possible, from 1 to 15, and have the players tick the boxes of the numbers he wants to keep as a setting.
It will allow for example to tick the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and the Quick Join will be able to search for small and big rooms at the same time.

ps : if possible, spammers GTFO, I don't want small useless messages to up your posts counts if you don't have something useful to say either good or bad

Comments