Proof Z8 Games doesn't ban hackers!

I reported an obvious hacker(one of the one-shot killers) a couple months back. Then, I looked up their name today in the clan tab/player listings. Well, what do you know, the last time the played crossfire was today. February 9 ,2011 . Good job Z8 games. Ps. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets closed down immediately - Z8 games usually likes to hide their shortcomings.

http://img600.imageshack.us/g/55468900.png/

Comments

• maybe they did. And it got expired. So report him/her again. And no need for the hackusation reports, its "Hacking complaint explosion" season.
  • Thats proof .

They do ban hac.kers ...

but ye ,
  • dual1020 wrote: »
    maybe they did. And it got expired. So report him/her again. And no need for the hackusation reports, its "Hacking complaint explosion" season.

Their normal policy is that they permanently I.P ban the people that are convicted in hack reports against them of with a replay showing the details (these are the people that usually just continue to make fake accounts to hack off, so usually a permanent I.P Ban is required). And this isn't a "hackusation report", I already have multiple facts that directly show me that they probably don't even look at 75% of the reports that come to them. It's easier to allow players to report hackers and claim they get rid of them - without actually getting rid of them. You can clearly see they did nothing about that guy, even after months. I filed a legitimate and full proof report - but, as you can see, he is still playing the game as we type on this forum.
  • "Z8 Games doesn't ban hackers"
    Does that mean they NEVER ban ANY hacker?
  • DELL337 wrote: »
    "Z8 Games doesn't ban hackers"
    Does that mean they NEVER ban ANY hacker?

Take a look at this guys thread. He is talking about the same guy that I reported here...

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?p=1711878&posted=1#post1711878

What more proof do you need...
  • Take a look at this guys thread. He is talking about the same guy that I reported here...

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?p=1711878&posted=1#post1711878

What more proof do you need...

I saw the topic, now please answer me.

Do you think Z8/G4 don't ban any hackers?
  • Their normal policy is that they permanently I.P ban the people that are convicted in hack reports against them of with a replay showing the details (these are the people that usually just continue to make fake accounts to hack off, so usually a permanent I.P Ban is required).
    That makes no sense. Banning a certain IP would mean that are banned for a few hours until the IP changes automatically.

If you mean a IP range ban it is as useless as the first methode. Z8 Games would ban everyone from the same region and the same provider. And if you switch to a vpn server the ban could not affect you.

Only a hardware ban makes sense to me. Because every computer got its own unique ID it's possible to ban a certain person with this ID until he changes the pc or some parts of it.
  • Smagjus wrote: »
    That makes no sense. Banning a certain IP would mean that are banned for a few hours until the IP changes automatically.

If you mean a IP range ban it is as useless as the first methode. Z8 Games would ban everyone from the same region and the same provider. And if you switch to a vpn server the ban could not affect you.

Only a hardware ban makes sense to me. Because every computer got its own unique ID it's possible to ban a certain person with this ID until he changes the pc or some parts of it.

You do know that every Internet Service provider assigns your computer a static I.P address. All you have to do is go to google and type in what's my I.P and it will list your personal I.P address there. Pop-up and banner ads try and take advantage of this because since they know your static I.P they can pop-up with things like: "Hot Women looking for you in, Phoenix Arizona(static Ip can indicate were you live around)!!!

Z8 games can easily see what static I.P address is sending packets to their server and deny it access - permanently if necessary .
    Also, to answer the other guy's question. No, I am not stating that Z8 games never bans any hackers. I am saying that they overlook a large majority of reports and let a great deal of hackers continue to do what they do best - hack the game.
  • I reported an obvious hacker(one of the one-shot killers) a couple months back. Then, I looked up their name today in the clan tab/player listings. Well, what do you know, the last time the played crossfire was today. February 9 ,2011 . Good job Z8 games. Ps. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets closed down immediately - Z8 games usually likes to hide their shortcomings.

http://img600.imageshack.us/g/55468900.png/

hmm that doesn't show anything other then you know how to take a screen shot. If you really want to prove someone is hacking post a you tube video of them hacking beyond any possible doubt. Otherwise there is always going to be doubt. It is completely possible that they where hacking but only having your word about it is not enough to prove anything. So saying you have proof that z8 doesn't ban hackers when you haven't even proved that anyone was hacking isn't really a provable statement.
    Smagjus wrote: »

You are correct that banning an IP address is not going to work it is too easy to change. Blocking a IP block is not affective either as it would ban every user from that ISP. That could mean banning thousands of users instead of just the one hacker.

There really isn't a hardware ID that you speak of. There is way too many privacy concerns involved with implementing such an idea. What does exist is either not sent with every packet or is easier to change or turn off then your IP address. Depending on what hardware ID you are talking about.
    You do know that every Internet Service provider assigns your computer a static I.P address. All you have to do is go to google and type in what's my I.P and it will list your personal I.P address there. Pop-up and banner ads try and take advantage of this because since they know your static I.P they can pop-up with things like: "Hot Women looking for you in, Phoenix Arizona(static Ip can indicate were you live around)!!!

Z8 games can easily see what static I.P address is sending packets to their server and deny it access - permanently if necessary .
    Also, to answer the other guy's question. No, I am not stating that Z8 games never bans any hackers. I am saying that they overlook a large majority of reports and let a great deal of hackers continue to do what they do best - hack the game.

Static IP addresses are fairly expensive given the limited address space in IP v4 so most ISP's do not give out a static IP but instead lease you one from their address space. It may be the same IP repeatedly but it is not a static IP. It still has to be dynamically allocated and can change at any time or be forced to change by simply resetting the lease depending on what type of connection negotiation your ISP uses.

So in short neither of these options are actually going to work. The only real option is the same one Z8 currently uses and that is to ban the user/email address. It is not fool proof but given the limited amount of options it is the best possible.
  • Thumps wrote: »
    hmm that doesn't show anything other then you know how to take a screen shot. If you really want to prove someone is hacking post a you tube video of them hacking beyond any possible doubt. Otherwise there is always going to be doubt. It is completely possible that they where hacking but only having your word about it is not enough to prove anything. So saying you have proof that z8 doesn't ban hackers when you haven't even proved that anyone was hacking isn't really a provable statement.

You are correct that banning an IP address is not going to work it is too easy to change. Blocking a IP block is not affective either as it would ban every user from that ISP. That could mean banning thousands of users instead of just the one hacker.

There really isn't a hardware ID that you speak of. There is way too many privacy concerns involved with implementing such an idea. What does exist is either not sent with every packet or is easier to change or turn off then your IP address. Depending on what hardware ID you are talking about.

Static IP addresses are fairly expensive given the limited address space in IP v4 so most ISP's do not give out a static IP but instead lease you one from their address space. It may be the same IP repeatedly but it is not a static IP. It still has to be dynamically allocated and can change at any time or be forced to change by simply resetting the lease depending on what type of connection negotiation your ISP uses.

So in short neither of these options are actually going to work. The only real option is the same one Z8 currently uses and that is to ban the user/email address. It is not fool proof but given the limited amount of options it is the best possible.

z8 doesn't even ban accounts anymore much less IP addresses. 7 days if you're caught hacking. That's even if they get processed in the report system.
  • Stealthh wrote: »
    z8 doesn't even ban accounts anymore much less IP addresses. 7 days if you're caught hacking. That's even if they get processed in the report system.

I think you missed the point. I was pointing out that making an accusation with out proof is neither reliable nor credible. That would require proof of which none has been provided. So instead you are making an assumption based on your personal views. There is nothing wrong with making an assumption it's a standard scientific approach, but it's not proof of anything. In order to be credible you must provide reliable proof to back up your assumption.
  • Stealthh wrote: »
    Yay ignorance.

Reports processed through or system get instant permanent bans if the player is obviously cheating and not currently banned already.
    We can use accounts as well as IP and other methods to prevent users from accessing our services.

The only 7 day ban is from the automatic system, which in practice is a permanent ban if the person keeps cheating anyway.

OP most likely messed up the report or the person already had a ban on his account active.
  • Thumps wrote: »
    I think you missed the point. I was pointing out that making an accusation with out proof is neither reliable nor credible. That would require proof of which none has been provided. So instead you are making an assumption based on your personal views. There is nothing wrong with making an assumption it's a standard scientific approach, but it's not proof of anything. In order to be credible you must provide reliable proof to back up your assumption.

I did provide proof (I didn't think I had to expain what happend becasue it was pretty straight forward). You can directly see in those pictures that Z8 games has had ample time to ban that hacker - they did not. I even saw a recent thread about the same hacker I reported harassing another player. Also, you might want to take a gander at the simple rules of the forums - It isn't allowed to post direct hack reports and/or replays in the thread. However, if you want, I can privatley provide you with screenshots, replays, other data that has been collected and reported on these hackers. I think you should heed your own words:"making an accusation without proof is neither reliable nor credible." So go ahead and provide me with your proof, that my proof isn't reliable or existent.
  • They do ban hackers just not as many as we would like, And yes I have reported many, One of many have got a ban, But its only 7 day ban for a hack first time . What kind of crap is that. You hack you should be ban Permanently. 7 day ban is like when you where a kid, ban = time out ..... lmao. I have a hack in my friends list, Reported him 3 times, never got a ban on him. He says he has been using the same hack for over a year.. Z8 fail
  • Their normal policy is that they permanently I.P ban the people that are convicted in hack reports against them of with a replay showing the details (these are the people that usually just continue to make fake accounts to hack off, so usually a permanent I.P Ban is required).

Thanks for the laugh.
    You clearly have NO IDEA how this company operates and conducts itself.

You don't even seem to have any clue of how the internet works.

Do a little research before you waste everyone's time with useless embodiments of turd like this.
  • Thanks for the laugh.

Do a little research before you waste everyone's time with useless embodiments of turd like this.

You clearly have no idea how an argument works. Look at this kid, he makes statements and doesn't even provide reasons or proof why my information is incorrect. Here's a tip for your next attempt at a response - first state if you are in agreement or not, next post the reasons why you agree/disagree, and lastly provide proof if necessary. Maybe you should "do a little research" into a first grade education o_O
  • You clearly have no idea how an argument works. Look at this kid, he makes statements and doesn't even provide reasons or proof why my information is incorrect. Here's a tip for your next attempt at a response - first state if you are in agreement or not, next post the reasons why you agree/disagree, and lastly provide proof if necessary. Maybe you should "do a little research" into a first grade education o_O

That was a very cool story kid, but besides that, maybe you should be following your own rules?

You've posting nothing but raging bull for the past however many pages, without providing any of the above 'proof' you're supposed to have knowledge of.

Plain to see, you've got no idea kid.
  • They auto-ban him 7 days, gets caught again, it's perm.
    I think, amIrite?
  • That was a very cool story kid, but besides that, maybe you should be following your own rules?

You've posting nothing but raging bull for the past however many pages, without providing any of the above 'proof' you're supposed to have knowledge of.

Plain to see, you've got no idea kid.

Read the entire thread (I assume you can read?) and you'll figure out that the majority of hackers that are reported to Z8 games are "let go" so to speak. Also, you still haven't provided any realistic argument as to why my statements are incorrect. As to the "raging bull" comment- that is an opinion, and a very unintelligent one at that. Read the forum rules/guidelines, if your unable to contribute to an intelligent discussion, perhaps these aren't the right forums you were looking for.
  • Read the entire thread (I assume you can read?) and you'll figure out that the majority of hackers that are reported to Z8 games are "let go" so to speak. Also, you still haven't provided any realistic argument as to why my statements are incorrect. As to the "raging bull" comment- that is an opinion, and a very unintelligent one at that. Read the forum rules/guidelines, if your unable to contribute to an intelligent discussion, perhaps these aren't the right forums you were looking for.

I'm still awaiting this assumed proof you have, to back up your statements.
    I'm presuming you have it, right?

Btw, if you're even going to attempt to failtroll me with those childish and boring insults, you'll need to be somewhat near my level of intelligence, which you're a little far off right now.
  • Thanks for the laugh.

If you remember what you even typed above, then you will recognize that you are the first one to make accusations about my recent statements. As I said, you still have yet to prove any of the above. All you have proven to me is that you are unintelligent, have poor reasoning skills, and lack the sufficient data to continue a relevant forum conversation. Happy trails , child.
  • If you remember what you even typed above, then you will recognize that you are the first one to make accusations about my recent statements. As I said, you still have yet to prove any of the above. All you have proven to me is that you are unintelligent, have poor reasoning skills, and lack the sufficient data to continue a relevant forum conversation. Happy trails , child.

Wow, your grammar's really something. If I were some sort of Nazi, I'd hit you up on that. But I'll leave that to the schooling system.

'Sufficient data'? I'm not a computer, junior.

Since it's fairly obvious that you're all talk no action, and have no clue as to how things work around here, I'll leave you to stew in your own misery and fail.
  • Perhaps, I should have said, " Cheerio, old bean." :D Things on your side of the pond not going so well, ol' chap?

ps. looks like I have advanced from kid to junior. "I'm not a computer, junior." :)
  • I said this a long time ago as a server admin for Unreal Tournament we ban by mac address and the crap that goes unfettered is pf sad . I have a screen shot from yesterday of an individual walling 130 kills 3 deaths dam replay doesn't work reasons unknown and do not accept screenies.
    I even went as far as to offer the services of the anticheat makers to create one for CF as the one used in UT is 98% eff. The response about privacy [government mandate] is total none sense sorry this is not China or Egypt ,the rules apply to all a cheat is a cheat no more no less.
    I find that the mods responses about grammar is a
    little childish rather than dealing with the problems at hand instead of being grammar cops
  • MAC bans/IP bans are useless.
    Believe it or not, when it comes to banning and cheating the GM's (and other G4 officials) know more than you, they would do anything they can to help this game to be better.
  • You do know that every Internet Service provider assigns your computer a static I.P address. All you have to do is go to google and type in what's my I.P and it will list your personal I.P address there. Pop-up and banner ads try and take advantage of this because since they know your static I.P they can pop-up with things like: "Hot Women looking for you in, Phoenix Arizona(static Ip can indicate were you live around)!!!

IP Bnas are ineffective for the most part. Theyre too easy to change.

They dont overlook report. Some get lost in the heaps of tickets sent in and any report sent in before the new system will be lost.

Rather than waiting around for an excuse to rage on Z8, resend the report. It takes about 30 seconds of your precious time.
    Stealthh wrote: »

Didnt really understand the first sentence..

No.... The 7 day ban is for the AutoDetection
    badboy051 wrote: »
    They do ban hackers just not as many as we would like, And yes I have reported many, One of many have got a ban, But its only 7 day ban for a hack first time . What kind of crap is that. You hack you should be ban Permanently. 7 day ban is like when you where a kid, ban = time out ..... lmao. I have a hack in my friends list, Reported him 3 times, never got a ban on him. He says he has been using the same hack for over a year.. Z8 fail

You underestimate the amount of reports that go through. They can take days at a time to even make dent into them... all whilst even more tickets are sent in.

He hasnt being using the same hack for over a year unles hes paid $240 for an undetected VIP hack for the year.... which is hilarious in itself.
    Perhaps, I should have said, " Cheerio, old bean." :D Things on your side of the pond not going so well, ol' chap?

ps. looks like I have advanced from kid to junior. "I'm not a computer, junior." :)

Was that supposed to be funny?

Noone in England says those words... ever.. you watch too much tv... and eat too many burgers... and cheese.... and donuts.....

Perhaps people can use their brains (if they have one) for about 2 seconds... Why would G4Box DELIBERATELY ignore the hacking status of the biggest F2P FPS on the Western Market?

That would be stupid and would obviously diminish company reputation (no thanks to your lot help in that) and obviously will result in less people playing, buying ZP, resulting in less income and lower wages and loss of jobs at G4Box.... And when that happens there will be next to no staff to run CF and then the game will close with everyone losing their jobs in the long run

Crossfire has become incredibly popular very quickly which obviously results in the increase of server activity (the servers get stressed and need more maintenance more frequently) and with that comes more hackers. G4Box have done a fantastic job in bringing in XTrap.. one of the best AntiCheats for a F2P game out there.
    When we had GameGuard a hack was patched once a month if we were lucky.. for a few hours when the hack was slightly edited again and re-released... XTrap patches a hack, permanently. Hacks will be remade of coure... but it will be alot harder and xtrap will catch that one aswell and so on untill the hackers give up trying that hack. As with the speedhack, weapon hack ect ect. They obviously care about hacking or they wuldve kept GameGuard.

If people think for one second that G4Box do not care about the game or its players and making threads like these with "proof".. then im sorry but youre about as gullible as a 2 year old and should probably go outside a bit more and experience how the world actually works.

ESSAY RANT END!

• You underestimate the amount of reports that go through. They can take days at a time to even make dent into them... all whilst even more tickets are sent in.

He hasnt being using the same hack for over a year unles hes paid $240 for an undetected VIP hack for the year.... which is hilarious in itself.

If this is the case this game is doomed, first report on this hack was Aug. 16, 2010 , I have reported him 2 times after that, Oct. and Dec. This is one back up system, And he tells me his hack is a year old. So back at ya.......
  • badboy051 wrote: »

You underestimate the amount of reports that go through. They can take days at a time to even make dent into them... all whilst even more tickets are sent in.

If this is the case this game is doomed, first report on this hack was Aug. 16, 2010 , I have reported him 2 times after that, Oct. and Dec. This is one back up system, And he tells me his hack is a year old. So back at ya.......

I doubt it. It would have been patched if it was a year old
  • Cherrio again, old bean Giggletron :) . Looks like their is a large majority of hacking reports that are overlooked, "lost", or delayed. What is the point in reporting someone if basically nothing is going to be done about it? Seems as though people hack, they get away with it, and continue to get away with it until the hack is patched. Nothing has been done to personally remove their account or permanently ban them. I guess everyone should just hide under a rock until the patch comes through and saves the day, because individual reports just don't cut it when there are thousands of hackers in the damn game.

Why don't you make yourself useful Giggletron, and at least nag some people so it is possible for us to report multiple people at once instead of having to make individual reports for hackers within the same replay. Oh and while your at it, make me some more hamburgers with extra cheese :) I gotta go report some more people.
  • DELL337 wrote: »
    I saw the topic, now please answer me.

Do you think Z8/G4 don't ban any hackers?

they sometimes do.
This discussion has been closed.