Deleting Inactive Clans

Perhaps the reason why Z8 is having so much problems with the clan webpage is that there are over 50000 clans and 30000 of them are either inactive or has less than 3 members in it. This could be really causing "stress" on the system. Perhaps if Z8 deleted some of these clans the clan web page would run smoother? Paticularly the clans who haven't been active for over a month or more. Example, delete this clan. The leader and lieutenant have been so inactive that their accounts have been deleted.

http://clan.z8games.com/clanstat_cf.aspx?guildid=22691

Comments

• *Gets clan* *goes for a vacation somewhere without pc for one month+* *comes back* Woot clan's gone and some other newb stole name. Happyface, right? Use ur logics
  • *Gets clan* *goes for a vacation somewhere without pc for one month+* *comes back* Woot clan's gone and some other newb stole name. Happyface, right? Use ur logics

exactly. z8 cant just delete accounts and or clans because there could be legal issues if money was put into those clans. just cant be done lol
  • Phenatik wrote: »
    exactly. z8 cant just delete accounts and or clans because there could be legal issues if money was put into those clans. just cant be done lol

Actual they could. Your account is their property. They can do whatever they want with it.

I like this idea with a few tweaks. Make it to where if the clan doesn't accumulate at least 100 points or something and no one in the clan has logged in for over a month then its deleted. I'm tired of dead clans wasting space, and spamming the search function.
  • Actual they could. Your account is their property. They can do whatever they want with it.

I don't think so... since you spend REAL money on it (buying ZP) they can't do w/e they want to!
  • llJackll wrote: »
    I don't think so... since you spend REAL money on it (buying ZP) they can't do w/e they want to!

You don't need ZP to start a clan and most of these "inactive clans" haven't invested in them at all. They don't even have a clan mark.
  • doesnt matter, you put your time and effort into it. z8 offers this game as a business and as so, if you participate then it is expected that anything you accomplish in this game (not that any accomplishment is worth anything) remains yours. it is your account as long as you abide by the rules and regulations set by z8games. in my knowledge the only way to delete a clan or account is by the express desire of the owner of that account or clan. im not on the staff so ask an admin lol.

and to head munzta no your account is not their property espcially if you have spent real money on it. if z8 takes away your account without reason you do have legal rights. z8games is a business not a scam so they have rules and laws they have to abide by as well.
  • Sorry guys but they can. FF 11 did it once. They deleted accounts after 3 months of inactivity, they were sued, and they won, check the toc of cf. They can do WHATEVER THEY WANT with your account. Because its technically theirs. Now obviously they won't as long as you follow the rules, otherwise they'd run their business away. But theoretically they could delete your account for any reason. Or for no reason at all.
  • huh... thats stupid and pointless. so even if you spend like 4000 dollars, go on vacation for like half a year or your computer breaks. then they just delete your account and poof there goes 4 gs?
  • Life's a beach. It can be great, but then lots of sh.it can pass by on it and leave you weary.

But I dislike this idea. It would affect most clans because some of us have other things to do OTHER than shooting people down.
  • You guys have gone way off topic. Yes, FF did delete accounts and people were ****ed. But this suggestion is aimed at the clans with 1 member and 0 clan points lol. The kind of clan that was made by a staff sergeant who played for a week, made a clan, quit the game and never logged on again. if anything else, delete those 0 cp clans if hey dont have a logo, and give them a refund on their gp or something. But there's no reason to have them waste space on the clan page. To be honest.
  • Noones gna send support a ticket "Hai, i go on vacation, don't delete my acc pl0x". Btw, if the member is a solo pro and doesn't want to join public its their freedom. I don't think z8 is going to get a bot checking players activity
  • Actual they could. Your account is their property. They can do whatever they want with it.

I like this idea with a few tweaks. Make it to where if the clan doesn't accumulate at least 100 points or something and no one in the clan has logged in for over a month then its deleted. I'm tired of dead clans wasting space, and spamming the search function.

yea but its their money so it would be like z8 took your money and gave u nothing in return
  • You guys have gone way off topic. Yes, FF did delete accounts and people were ****ed. But this suggestion is aimed at the clans with 1 member and 0 clan points lol. The kind of clan that was made by a staff sergeant who played for a week, made a clan, quit the game and never logged on again. if anything else, delete those 0 cp clans if hey dont have a logo, and give them a refund on their gp or something. But there's no reason to have them waste space on the clan page. To be honest.

i like this idea, giving them a refund so that if they become active again they can just remake the clan
  • HellVet wrote: »
    yea but its their money so it would be like z8 took your money and gave u nothing in return

They let you rent an account from them. Buying zp is a choice. It in no way prevents them from deleting your clan or account. It's all stated in the ToC.
  • i'd like z8 to delete my brothers clan because he made the clan before the security answer was requiered and now he wants to erase the clan but he doesn't know is email or security answer.... and he already sent the support ticket but they say they need more proof...

Thankyou. This was exactly what I was talking about.
  • The proposed one month is actually a short period of time before they should consider deleting clans. I would go along the lines of something like a year. Accounts, however, should never be deleted in any circumstances.