[Cross Fire] Servers & Organization...

[Ping Capping Server(s)]

There are sixty total EASTERN N. AMERICA channels (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot), and of those sixty channels there's not ONCE you play in a room without at least one player with a ping above 101; Unless you've pre-set the table and/or playing in a designated invite only room, inviting only the users you want in the table with you. You go into the UK Server and your chances of a EURO majority table is above 80% probability. I understand clans are mixed regions, and they come to the the Eastern N. America servers to play with their clanmates. WHAT IF Z8 ping capped one server (i.e. Foxtrot or Charlie), leaving the the remainder of the servers open; By cap I mean disallowing ping greater than 101. There's more than plenty Eastern N. America servers, and channels that DO NOT get used. Why not delegate some space for cleaner gameplay for users? This same idea can be delegated into the UK Servers as well. There's a big enough crowd interested in such gameplay, why not utilize some of the wasted space in that very favor?

[Server Organization]

I mentioned this in another thread, figured this would be the BEST time to propose the idea...in a thread delegated for the server.

A simple sub-section/folder scheme designed to set server locations apart by point, and region of the server location. Below I've proposed the outline. Something as simple highlighting the server location could reduce high latency congestion in servers/rooms where it doesn't belong. Surprisingly there ARE people who aren't aware of the server locations and find themselves playing in a room with awful ping, apposed to playing in a server/room where their ping would pose a drastic difference in play. Let's clean up game traffic for better gameplay...

In my opinion, if your not going to mediate the traffic...don't waste your money on server fees if they're not being used like they're supposed to be. THIS can be a bit ridiculous...Like a lonely stone in a meadow of tall grass.

EXAMPLE:

EASTERN NORTH AMERICA
  • Alpha Server
  • Bravo Server
  • Charlie Server
  • Delta Server
  • Echo Server
  • Foxtrot Server
WESTERN NORTH AMERICA
  • West Coast Server
WESTERN EUROPE
  • BETA UK Server 1
  • BETA UK Server 2
BETA CLAN SERVER

Comments

• People have been pushing for a ping-capped server for a while, but Z8 seems to think limiting a server to people under a certain ping is a racially discriminating act.
  • Make a BR server and all of our fears will go away.
  • Floatzel wrote: »
    Make a BR server and all of our fears will go away.

I don't think you quite understand servers. There's no real market for South American gaming. There may be a bunch on here, but not enough to fund server fees & maintenance. Gaming companies have tried it in the past (most recently Nexon) and it failed miserably. If the market was there, and the taxes in South America weren't so crazy, I'm sure Z8 would look further into it.

Frankly, if I were the operating manager I would shut the doors on the issue with AUTO_Assign; Matching players regional IP's to the closest server. There goes the issue all together. Would make people mad, but would make alot of people happy. Clans could branch off into CLAN NAME [NA] & CLAN NAME [EU], if they so chose. At the end of the day they could still join each other in Beta Clan Server.

ps. South American and Latin Americans should be in West Coast Server.
  • I was thinking, using an IP blocker that only allows USA people for ex. CF Korea doesn't allow any country other than their own and blocks you from installing the game, anyways block all the incoming UK and other non-USA people to Alpha, Bravo or any server that cause them to have 100+
    state Hawaii was left out, it would have to go to UK Server. ;[
  • MWAKILLZ1 wrote: »
    I was thinking, using an IP blocker that only allows USA people for ex. CF Korea doesn't allow any country other than their own and blocks you from installing the game, anyways block all the incoming UK and other non-USA people to Alpha, Bravo or any server that cause them to have 100+
    state Hawaii was left out, it would have to go to UK Server. ;[

Oh how ALOT of people would LOVE that idea...but so many clans are mixed regions. Clan mates want to Pub with each other, instead of scrim...I guess. It's odd how many ppl want to be in clans, but don't scrim in the beta server. If you think about it; The number of clans on the list...yet at most only 2 Channels in BETA Clan Server are used. THOUSANDS of clans, but never a real active Clan Server.

Call me crazy, but I pub with my friends and play with my Clan in Scrims. That's just how I operate, haha.... There SHOULD be some restrictions now that there's equal servers for all (excluding Australia/Oceania, they can play in West Coast Server in the mean time...).
  • Cant we get a server in South Africa or Mauritius there is a frowing number of player there and the nearest server is UK and the ping has a minimum of 273 and spikes up 600 in peak times

Please z8 do something about it.