Hrm, they are getting smarter...

I know the news of the outbreak of hackers is extremely old news, but its now become a combination of two problems now instead of one. Probably from them analyzing the abusive nature it can hold.

The main problem now is that a hacker, enters a room, begins their hacking spree, but before anyone has a chance to kick them, they engage a kick themselves against another player. During this time of about 12+ seconds a few rounds could already be completed just from that one vote kick.

And... Unless your faster than they are, (ie searching their name and selection box and submitting it before they find a random person to easily kick first) chances are they will get off yet another shielding kick vote time period. Hurrah. Another good set of rounds.

Finally once his two votes are up, you initiate the kick the bugger. And usually 1 of 3 things happen.
-Denied kick. (lol)
-All press F11, or enough vote to end vote timer early. (Yay?)
-Round ends from long vote timer as the hacker mows down anyone they can.

This is especially common in GM and Search and Destroy short matches. Targeting those trying to accomplish their missions.

This simply goes to show how easily the kick vote is abused, not only against legit players with ace, but also in the benefit for hackers in terms of a temporary shield. Which I think, is completely unacceptable. Regardless of who is on the receiving end.

Like a lock, kick vote seems to only keep the honest people out these days.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Comments

• Seen it happen allot in GM matches today, demm silly mehicans.
  • Kelathe wrote: »
    I know the news of the outbreak of hackers is extremely old news, but its now become a combination of two problems now instead of one. Probably from them analyzing the abusive nature it can hold.

The main problem now is that a hacker, enters a room, begins their hacking spree, but before anyone has a chance to kick them, they engage a kick themselves against another player. During this time of about 12+ seconds a few rounds could already be completed just from that one vote kick.

And... Unless your faster than they are, (ie searching their name and selection box and submitting it before they find a random person to easily kick first) chances are they will get off yet another shielding kick vote time period. Hurrah. Another good set of rounds.

Finally once his two votes are up, you initiate the kick the bugger. And usually 1 of 3 things happen.
    -Denied kick. (lol)

This is especially common in GM and Search and Destroy short matches. Targeting those trying to accomplish their missions.

This simply goes to show how easily the kick vote is abused, not only against legit players with ace, but also in the benefit for hackers in terms of a temporary shield. Which I think, is completely unacceptable. Regardless of who is on the receiving end.

Thoughts? Ideas?

we cant stop hacker, we can only slow them down
  • Wish it was slowing them down. Today has been the worst in many months with the 1 hit kill thru the wall thats out now. Any of the FFA matches are unplayable.
  • Im sorry for my QQ session but
    i feel stalled every time they make a new patch
    its always new guns and new designs and like maybe a new system
    ....ok thats fine and all but what about the technical sh**...i mean i dc almost all the time when
    i enter a game, AND THAT CRAP ADDS ON TO MY LOSSES AND DESERTIONS. also
    the hacks..well theres nothing else i can say.
  • Well, just tell the hac.kers GG and leave them alone.
  • PRoDX wrote: »
    Well, just tell the hac.kers GG and leave them alone.

Haha, if only it were that easy. You cna leave them alone, but they won't leave you alone. I've seen the same hacker in numerous rooms just dishing it out. Its not a simple 'ignore them' scenario. They come to you, not the other way around.
  • Yea nearly all are idiots that use kick vote.

And the hacker kicking thing was brought up a few days ago:

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?p=1363124

It kinda sucks that not only do hackers generally not get kicked but they use the kick vote to protect themselves.

Kick vote is there simply to remove legits from games.
  • Looks like those hackers went to common sense school
  • St4yd0WN1 wrote: »
    Looks like those hackers went to common sense school

Yea,

It is funny though thinking about this issue because when anything is suggested to improve kick voting to reduced unjust kicks all the noobs that currently abuse it throw a hissy fit and say "but what about the hackers - We need kick vote 'as it is' GTFO", now the hackers are just farming them with the protection of kick vote and the shield the same noobs give them by f12'ing actual hackers.
  • I never hack, but this was my idea like 5 months ago. I was just happy no one else had thought of it...until I saw someone pull that trick in a game last week. Lame.
  • I never hack, but this was my idea like 5 months ago. I was just happy no one else had thought of it...until I saw someone pull that trick in a game last week. Lame.

lol? why would you need to pull 'that trick' if you had no reason to? unless you were just trying to be a jerk and get someone else kicked instead you were just delaying the inevitable.
    lol? why would you need to pull 'that trick' if you had no reason to? unless you were just trying to be a jerk and get someone else kicked instead you were just delaying the inevitable.

I never did it, I just wondered why hack3rs didn't do it. Now they do, so I don't wonder anymore :P
  • no way, my reaction is faster than the nubs :D
  • votes could be set up in a cue to happen inbetween rounds, so before the next round starts all the voting has to be completed, not only would it stop your example, but it would also stop those who have the vip cheat I think it's called where they kill all the ghosts in just a few seconds right after spawn. I never thought it made sense to use the vote during a round as most people are trying to play and sometimes don't even notice or pay attention to the vote, this would also stop the jerks who try to vote out the mvp at the last second before the match is over.
  • Yeah h@ckers are getting smarter. It seems that whenever things are patched they produce another problem. The speed h@cks are slowing down but there is a problem with ghost mode, free for all, and mutation mode.

GM- there is a h@ck that a player can shoot through walls during a respawn to get rid of either the ghost team and/or green risk in a blink of an eye.

FFA & MM- since there is no vote kick system, these modes are a haven for h@ckers and exploiters to play on. MM also has the h@ck that can one shot a mutant. The noob h@cker revealed that its a combo of aimbot+cham+speed on all chat. Nice Spanish there h@cker. XD

The stuff thats going on right now is like a broken pipe in a sink. You fix one part of it then water comes out on the other part of a pipe. Its really annoying!
  • What I don't like is everyone is so paranoid about hack.ers?! I mean I know there's alot! I play most days and get them! But when there's a few people playing a game and it's easy to see there isn't, the rest of the room seems to want to kick the ACE because their a "hack". I am Crap! I freely admit I'm not the best CF player but sometimes I get my lucky games where I'm playing people who are just that bit crapper than me or the competetive people who want to be the ACE or MVP, then you get kicked beacuse you're a "hack" when your blatently not, if you checked my kill/death ratio!!! It's sooo annoying that when you enter a GM (Don't really play FFA or MM) everyones obsessed with hack.s!! That's all anyone can talk about and the constant kicking is uber distracting for everyone who just wants a good decent game!
  • Smuryfette wrote: »
    What I don't like is everyone is so paranoid about hack.ers?! I mean I know there's alot! I play most days and get them! But when there's a few people playing a game and it's easy to see there isn't, the rest of the room seems to want to kick the ACE because their a "hack". I am Crap! I freely admit I'm not the best CF player but sometimes I get my lucky games where I'm playing people who are just that bit crapper than me or the competetive people who want to be the ACE or MVP, then you get kicked beacuse you're a "hack" when your blatently not, if you checked my kill/death ratio!!! It's sooo annoying that when you enter a GM (Don't really play FFA or MM) everyones obsessed with hack.s!! That's all anyone can talk about and the constant kicking is uber distracting for everyone who just wants a good decent game!
    Unfortunately it's a side effect of all the hackers. It's a natural reaction; people stay away from fire once they've been burned.

OT: Yea, I noticed they were finally starting to think... >.>

Also, it seems that unfortunately the North American community has finally said "F it, they do it why can't we" and started hacking on a larger scale. I've seen about 20 hackers with 10-90 ping recently... looks like all hope is lost.

-Denied kick. (lol)

Thoughts? Ideas?

This hack have a "automatic kick vote start", u just need to press 1 button and he starts kicking a random player! :(
  • Unfortunately it's a side effect of all the hackers. It's a natural reaction; people stay away from fire once they've been burned.

OT: Yea, I noticed they were finally starting to think... >.>

Also, it seems that unfortunately the North American community has finally said "F it, they do it why can't we" and started hacking on a larger scale. I've seen about 20 hackers with 10-90 ping recently... looks like all hope is lost.

Well, its a shame its really resorted to such, but some people really think its the only way to have fun when a good population is hacking. To retain their fun, they deem it fair to even the playing field. At that point its just who has the better hacks. God knows thats what it was basically like in the GG days****ill really wasn't much of an option.

But for the ones that do play normally, it is quite a morale shooter when not only do they hack, the hackers have defenses, and worst of all, usually get f12'd by their foreign peers. Regardless of what it seems like.
  • Jack_Pro wrote: »
    This hack have a "automatic kick vote start", u just need to press 1 button and he starts kicking a random player! :(

I was unaware of that, or perhaps they are just quick? It'd take too much scripting to do something like that. You don't know their hacking until after they start shooting anyways, by that time they have the kick vote window up.
  • Grrr

I once stayed in a game (12 minute FFA), let the guy rack up around 300 kills, then reported him. Problem is, it wastes my time every time I have to wait one of these idiots out until the end of the round because there's no way (at least not that I've found) to save a file until the round is over. If you get booted unfairly by one of these morons, you should be able to plead your case to Z8 that you were booted unfairly, that someone hacking kicked you, and there should be some recompense (don't know how this would work) for your lost time (you were playing the level legit, had played 12 out of 13 rounds on FFA, and then got kicked).
  • They aren't getting smarter because a person with any intelligence would know not to hak I'd advise the to stop after i learn to report:/
    P.S. I can't report for some reason
    Well, its a shame its really resorted to such, but some people really think its the only way to have fun when a good population is hacking. To retain their fun, they deem it fair to even the playing field. At that point its just who has the better hacks. God knows thats what it was basically like in the GG days****ill really wasn't much of an option.

But for the ones that do play normally, it is quite a morale shooter when not only do they hack, the hackers have defenses, and worst of all, usually get f12'd by their foreign peers. Regardless of what it seems like.
    Ikr.... the other sad part is (especially in GM) where they do the whole " Kick Dynames or I'll start hacking" thing, where they start chamming/speeding and half their team f12's until I get kicked or leave =__=....
  • EbolaRox wrote: »
    I once stayed in a game (12 minute FFA), let the guy rack up around 300 kills, then reported him. Problem is, it wastes my time every time I have to wait one of these idiots out until the end of the round because there's no way (at least not that I've found) to save a file until the round is over. If you get booted unfairly by one of these morons, you should be able to plead your case to Z8 that you were booted unfairly, that someone hacking kicked you, and there should be some recompense (don't know how this would work) for your lost time (you were playing the level legit, had played 12 out of 13 rounds on FFA, and then got kicked).

You can actually save any replay if your game ends early for any reason. (IE: Deserting, Client Error, Kicked, etc)

Each game you play makes a temporary replay file which can be located usually in Documents->Crossfire->Replays as ReplayTemp.rtp
    Renaming this file to lets say haker.cfr (extension is very important) will allow you to keep it and view it as a normal replay.
    Keep in mind this file gets overwritten/deleted if you:
    -Start another game
    -Exit Crossfire (crashes still preserve this file, its only when you manually exit)
  • Myconcept wrote: »
    They aren't getting smarter because a person with any intelligence would know not to hak I'd advise the to stop after i learn to report:/
    P.S. I can't report for some reason

Alright, I should have worded it better, they are getting craftier with using the programs and preventing themselves of being booted.But yeah, hoping reports do work.

Why doesn't yours work? any specific error or messages?
    Ikr.... the other sad part is (especially in GM) where they do the whole " Kick Dynames or I'll start hacking" thing, where they start chamming/speeding and half their team f12's until I get kicked or leave =__=....

I usually screen that when I see such words. Followed by a replay when they do, or even if they don't. Haha, and I've also concluded my own 'Wall of Shame' for noobs that can't tell skill from hack or are just plain criers.
    Alright, I should have worded it better, they are getting craftier with using the programs and preventing themselves of being booted.But yeah, hoping reports do work.

Why doesn't yours work? any specific error or messages?

I usually screen that when I see such words. Followed by a replay when they do, or even if they don't. Haha, and I've also concluded my own 'Wall of Shame' for noobs that can't tell skill from hack or are just plain criers.
    Glad some people have the determination still to report... I lost mine ages ago.

Nowadays I stick with clanmates/friends which at least gives some sense of strength in numbers...
  • again I would offer than delaying the ability to start a vote be held until the end of the round, this will also give the kids time to cool off rather than starting a kick vote after the first head shot. How many times have we seen that happen and the accused is 1 and 0, I mean seriously after one freakin kill they start crying and calling for a vote.