Fps/ping problem, please help.

So ive posted this like 5 times already .. z8 didnt do nothing, maybe ill get some luck this time?

My regular fps (60-100) drops to as low as 5 fps and stays there for a couple minutes and shoots back up for a couple minutes and back down again. soo annoying. dont say get gamebooster or any of that because its not about my computer, its about the game. please tell me if any of you have an actual fix for this. also, ever since i got windows 7 my ping went from 9-12 to 35-60 .. what can i do there? thanks.
And i know the problem is not with my computer for my fps issue because ive never had this problem before and recently had it the last patch or two patches ago.

also heres my computer specs:

windows 7 home premium 32-bit
inter core2 duo CPU T5900 @ 2.20GHz
4 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

Comments

• You obviously don't know much about computers... When new files are put on the computer (for example cf patches) they get thrown everywhere, instead of being in one line. With all the files being in different locations on your hard-drive it takes longer to find and therefor the frames will appear slower. DO NOT use gamebooster, it's hopeless... I recommend using Defraggler (it's free and very effective). For me after 2 weeks without using it I get around 70-90 fps, afterwards around 250s.
  • 1337Seren wrote: »
    You obviously don't know much about computers... When new files are put on the computer (for example cf patches) they get thrown everywhere, instead of being in one line. With all the files being in different locations on your hard-drive it takes longer to find and therefor the frames will appear slower. DO NOT use gamebooster, it's hopeless... I recommend using Defraggler (it's free and very effective). For me after 2 weeks without using it I get around 70-90 fps, afterwards around 250s.

true this can help. But I'm getting the same issues...but my ping is also jumping. Today on Bravo I was over a 150+...and my normal is 55-60.

And like you my FPS went from over 100+ to under 30FPS. Then would come back some, then drop again...and I defrag all the time. CF along with most of my other games is located on a separate HD.
  • What defrag program are you running? The windows 1 is almost useless...
    I'm not entirely sure so this is just a theory but from my tests, cf doesn't run to well on external drives... Well I did manage to reach 200fps, but it tended to spike a bit.
    Also cf seems to be a cpu hog, so if you don't have any warranty left on ur computer it may be useful overclocking it.
  • 1337Seren wrote: »
    You obviously don't know much about computers... When new files are put on the computer (for example cf patches) they get thrown everywhere, instead of being in one line. With all the files being in different locations on your hard-drive it takes longer to find and therefor the frames will appear slower. DO NOT use gamebooster, it's hopeless... I recommend using Defraggler (it's free and very effective). For me after 2 weeks without using it I get around 70-90 fps, afterwards around 250s.

Thanks, ill try this out.