Different types of Characters, LVLS

Do you guys hate it when somebody creates a new account, comes into a match and starts killing everyone because they are an experienced player? Do you feel this should be eliminated and put forth a new way of CF experience? Well I think so and I might want to suggest something revolutionary.

First off, in real life, there are different types of position a soldier in the army commands. Whether he is a front-of-the-line kind of guy, sniper, or a rush-in-and-get-it-done kind of guy, we should be able to choose when we start our CF Accounts. Countless times, Trainees can just pick up an AWM and kill people, easily. What I'm suggesting is creating LVL's for being able to handle AWMS, or better rifles and smgs. Thus we should adopt a system where one character has specific LVLs that they can work on.

For example, if you want to be an all out sniper, you pick up your m700 and play it. Play it until you gain enough experience to be able to use a different kind of sniper. And when you level up, you can then be able to use the AWM, or better yet advance versions of that gun. I now that people can create new accounts, buy zp and if they win the AWM-RD, then its too easy. In real life, sniping might be one of the hardest kinds of weapons to use and master. In the game, it should be similar.

Rifles and SMGs are by far easier to handle and use than the sniper rifles. Thus, leveling these up shouldn't be as hard. And as a Trainee, people would not want to use sniper rifles until they become better ranks. This should encourage people to get better, and in all should increase the level of competition among CF players. And like the ranks, experience in handling a different kind of weapon should allow each player what they can and can't use. Or maybe how good they can or can't be with each type of weapon.

If you master a type of gun, then it should be evident when you play. You should be able to move around quicker, if you snipe, you should be able to zoom-in and out faster, reload faster. This way, we can avoid making repeats of the same gun, in which they are just -CAMO or -ADV versions of it. Instead, we just put it in the gun and its ranks.

Believe me, this kind of stuff isn't just for Guns. In Ghost Mode, if this is the mode you like to play the most, you should be able to be invisible for a little bit longer period of time than usual if you play a lot. You should be able to train as a Ghost on how to BE a ghost. And as for GR, you will have the ability to hear ghosts easier. You can increase the chances of sniffing out where ghosts are hiding. Instead of just having Trainees or lower ranked players coming in, spraying and getting lucky headshots. That just totally ruins the game for those who spend hard and long times training to become more legit.

In SND matches, you should be able to make your character defuse/plant quicker. Yes I know we have that QUICKDEFUSE/PLANT, but we can eliminate that entirely. Playing this mode a lot can allow your character to be able to defuse or plant quicker. More importantly, we should consider having a HOT/COLD system, where if you play a ton of SND matches, your character will be able to point out(in the map) where the enemy likes to camp. It should be able to compute in each round where the enemy camps the most, and put a "HOT(RED)" or "COLD(BLUE)" spot in the mini map that we have. Although it won't show you where they are exactly, it gives you a clue that this is the spot where people hide around the most.

These kinds of changes should bring forth a more competitive community in crossfire. This should help encourage people to get better in their CF Skills. More importantly, this can be a way to deter people from hacking. As if they use automatic aims or wall hacks, it would be harder for them to pick up guns that their "NEW" accounts that they create to shoot and kill people. I would like to hear what you guys think. Please do not turn this post into "YOUR A NOOB, STFU" kind of stuff. I would like to hear honest opinions from people who are serious about this game, not from people who just like the screw around with people. Thanks.

Comments

• Really is an interesting concept, and I can see where your coming from, about one person mastering one type of gun. Would be interesting to see, though I personally doubt it considering devs don't look at these. :/
  • Yeah may b that is right But with the wepons u pick u make more kills nd rank faster :D i dont make alot accs but i would say no :D no offense.
  • No1SaVedUs wrote: »
    Yeah may b that is right But with the wepons u pick u make more kills nd rank faster :D i dont make alot accs but i would say no :D no offense.

I'm not saying that ranking up a specific type of gun make you kill people faster and easier. I'm saying this should allow/disallow people to use these guns appropriately. Like say, people cannot just pick up a GOLD AK(IN WHICH MANY HAVE), and just start using it to kill people easily. Those who have never used this gun, should have a harder time with recoil, and moving around holding such a weapon. This should also discourage people going around just looking for cool guns to pick up and use.
  • Sorry but this will never happen:
    -no adv/camo-weapons = no zp =no money = no cf
    -u just get better weapons if u play more
    => noobs get killed because they cant kill anyone with their noob-weapons
    => pros own everyone with their pro weapons
    - too great advantage just because u play more

sorry for my bad english
  • Cixdu wrote: »
    Sorry but this will never happen:
    -no adv/camo-weapons = no zp =no money = no cf
    -u just get better weapons if u play more
    => noobs get killed because they cant kill anyone with their noob-weapons
    => pros own everyone with their pro weapons
    - too great advantage just because u play more

sorry for my bad english

The "RED DRAGON" guns aren't ADV/CAMOS, and they're doing just fine. The gold's aren't and they're doing just fine. I'm not saying we eliminate it completely, as there are differences in the gun itself, along with ammo capacity and stuff like that. Having levels for using gusn doesn't make the "noobs" noober and the "pro" more pro. If you can get people to engage in leveling up their ranks, I say its almost as good as ZP. And who said leveling up could be free? Maybe you need to move around quicker and you can purchase that rank. Maybe you need to reload faster and can purchase that rank. Do you see where I'm coming from? It doesn't always have to be free. But it can create competitiveness amongst the players. And who said you couldn't be a good player with a lower rank? Just like in real life, do you think someone who just got recreated into the military can handle a gun on this first day? No, you practice, you make people engage in this kind of stuff. It's good for players, and good for the gaming company because it makes people want to play longer, and that's their goal.

I'm also not saying if you rank up your lvl, you have a "PRO GUN" or what not. Having a high level simply means you can handle your gun better. Not, HS to everyone kind of PRO. You get it?
  • PRoDX wrote: »
    Do you guys hate it when somebody creates a new account, comes into a match and starts killing everyone because they are an experienced player? Do you feel this should be eliminated and put forth a new way of CF experience? Well I think so and I might want to suggest something revolutionary...

Your first paragraph pretty much contradicts the entire rest of your post. While I'll agree that alts and 2nd accounts wreck the ranking system more than farming does, what you suggested would only serve to make the problem worse. Instead of working to master each type of weapon on a single account, people would make alts with different specialies, and what skills they carry over will far outweigh the handicaps of the new account.
  • Sulfin wrote: »
    Your first paragraph pretty much contradicts the entire rest of your post. While I'll agree that alts and 2nd accounts wreck the ranking system more than farming does, what you suggested would only serve to make the problem worse. Instead of working to master each type of weapon on a single account, people would make alts with different specialies, and what skills they carry over will far outweigh the handicaps of the new account.

Well, who said you couldn't get better at all the skills? Of course you can get better at all skills. There wouldn't be a need to make multiple accounts. You just gotta spend more time playing at each or with each specific gun.
  • This is what I'm suggesting. I'm no genius and have no background in game engineering or whatnot. From a fan standpoint, I would like to see sometype of changes to increase competition amongst players. And this is what I'm suggesting. Although you may not agree wiht me, you should consider what I'm suggesting.
  • Lol calm down ;)
    what i wanna say is nobody would buy zp for an awm-camo if u can play a little bit and your normal awm gets the same ammo as the awm camo etc.

Also its too late to change the "gameplay" and this should be in suggestions.
  • Cixdu wrote: »
    Lol calm down ;)
    what i wanna say is nobody would buy zp for an awm-camo if u can play a little bit and your normal awm gets the same ammo as the awm camo etc.

Also its too late to change the "gameplay" and this should be in suggestions.

See that's the thing, leveling up doesn't allow you to have more ammo, or make your gun better. What I'm suggesting is that you become a better handler of your weapon. Thus the term "mastering" the gun. There is no way that playing a lot suddenly makes your gun more powerful. So therefore, HANDLING the weapon means better reload time, moving around easier, for snipers you can zoom in and out quicker and stuff like that. Now with an advanced gun, you will get more ammo and its usual "upgrade" that it normally does. It would transfer over to an ADV/CAMO weapon.
    Also, having this in the "SUGGESTIONS" will only get it to not be suggested.
  • Wow

this is an really interesting concept. however, unfortunately, Crossfire is past it's early beta stages, so there is little chance for this to be added in-game, not unless it was a MAJOR update/patch.
  • I like this idea. You've put a lot of thought into this it seems. Looks quite cool too.;)
    Respectfully,
    PROACEX1
  • PROACEX1 wrote: »
    I like this idea. You've put a lot of thought into this it seems. Looks quite cool too.;)
    Respectfully,
    PROACEX1

Thank you for reading the entire post. I know it's hard for the devs, and CF to adapt to this method entire, that's obvious enough. So thank you for saying something that's not obvious.
  • iTzLi4M wrote: »
    Shoulda thought of this along time ago....

Could have but haven't been playing as long.
  • Really Interesting, but i think it's not meant for this game entirely. It's bold of you to suggest this despite "trolls" however.
  • Really Interesting, but i think it's not meant for this game entirely. It's bold of you to suggest this despite "trolls" however.

I don't quite understand the term, "TROLLS". Explain.
  • This is alot like Metal Gear Online.

In MGO you have ''skills'' wich you can level up by game play.

For example the rifle skill,

Lv.1 Rifle

Recoil decrese *
    Reload speed *

Lv.2
    Recoil decrese **
    Reload speed **

And so on for other skills

This keeps people from making alts ^^

You only have 4 stars of skill,meaning if you equip a Lv3 rifle you can only equip another skill but in Lv1.

But lets face it,if you want a good balanced and well runed game you gotta go PS3 or Xbox360.
  • Hack32 wrote: »
    This is alot like Metal Gear Online.

In MGO you have ''skills'' wich you can level up by game play.

For example the rifle skill,

Lv.1 Rifle

Recoil decrese *
    Reload speed *

Lv.2
    Recoil decrese **
    Reload speed **

And so on for other skills

This keeps people from making alts ^^

You only have 4 stars of skill,meaning if you equip a Lv3 rifle you can only equip another skill but in Lv1.

But lets face it,if you want a good balanced and well runed game you gotta go PS3 or Xbox360.

Well, even if it has the same concepts-I've never played that game before- I'm trying to suggest something for CF. I'm not looking to play any other games.
  • aft3r7ife wrote: »
    Didn't wanna quote the whole thing . . haha

OT: Didn't read every1's comments and dunno if someone already mentioned this, but all that [->] would sort of make it a 'role' playing game. It takes away the aspect of an open FPS

TY For the comment. But i'm not sure it'd take away anything. At least that's what I hope. What I'm suggesting is that it 'adds' to the game. Not take away the point that this IS a FPS game.

Thought of one thing though :) They should allow us to have SMGs as secondary, now that would be sick -

I would agree with you if M12s wasn't an SMG...but it is...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU M12s
  • YoonYul wrote: »
    I DISAGREE WITH THIS

/thread

you disagree with what? specifically.
  • Not a stupid idea, BUT this would fullfil the game with m12 noob's, would'nt that annoy?

Edit: NVM yeah forgot to read the other post... so ya, old news.
    Yes i understand it will add to the game and it's not a bad addition.

Plus, it will not become a total role playing game, and i wasn't trying to say that in previous comment.
    But those specific additions basically give every1 a certain "responsibility" i should say. Which is basically playing a "main" role instead of being able to do various "main" roles.

Thought of one thing though :) They should allow us to have SMGs as secondary, now that would be sick -

Actually, the point of what I'm triyng to say is, if you're not skilled, you won't be able to attain a certain type of skill. So you just have to develop that skill and if you can't then you won't be able to master a certain type of gun.