Anti-Hack?

For CF's anti-hack program, why?

Why did we trust it?
Why can't we use PunkBuster?
Is it cheaper to use?
Why does the anti-hack thing fail?
Why is it not secure enough?
Was this thing 'trusted' before Z8 got the game handed over?
Is Z8 aware that this is failing badly?
Is this why there are so many complains of 'hackers'?

Is there anyway to answer all these questions?

~Just Curious~

Comments

• I'd like to see you play back when we veterans played with Gameguard as our anti-cheat instead of X-trap... Stop complaining, its doing a 100X better job.
  • s0b3r wrote: »
    I'd like to see you play back when we veterans played with Gameguard as our anti-cheat instead of X-trap... Stop complaining, its doing a 100X better job.

Just asking, not complaining.
    I'm just curious why Z8 chose this type of GameGaurd.
    If it was passed down WITH the game.
    If they KNOW about the troubles that can lie ahead with this hack 'guard'.

Think about it, everyone can simply
    a hack now. I've seen some pretty bad ones now...
  • Just asking, not complaining.
    I'm just curious why Z8 chose this type of GameGaurd.
    If it was passed down WITH the game.
    If they KNOW about the troubles that can lie ahead with this hack 'guard'.

Think about it, everyone can simply
    a hack now. I've seen some pretty bad ones now...

GameGuard is its own thing first off. Second, no anti-cheat is passed down with a game. And I can promise you, they know of the issues.
  • The Punkbuster team isn't going to waste their time with this game, it only focuses on big title games.

X-Trap actually does an incredible job compared to the one used in SubaGames.

If you knew anything about hacking, you'd know it's quite easy to create a hack, either with X-Trap, GameGuard, or Punkbuster. It's not which Anti-Cheat you use, it's the fact that this game is free, and more people are willing to hack and get banned from this, rather than a game they paid money for.
  • ZOOMishere wrote: »
    The Punkbuster team isn't going to waste their time with this game, it only focuses on big title games.

X-Trap actually does an incredible job compared to the one used in SubaGames.

If you knew anything about hacking, you'd know it's quite easy to create a hack, either with X-Trap, GameGuard, or Punkbuster. It's not which Anti-Cheat you use, it's the fact that this game is free, and more people are willing to hack and get banned from this, rather than a game they paid money for.

I see where this is going and I can see the answers clearly. I just hope this game doesn't end up like Nintendo Wi-Fi games.

Punkbuster is more wealthy and has a secure line from hacking and cheating.

Gamegaurd and X-Trap is more cheaper, and has the time for these free online games, correct?
  • Dude anti-hack doesn't fail - They are working so much like the hackers, hackers are working to bypass the anti hack system every update, anti-hack is trying to block. Punkbuster is worst than x-Trap :/
  • For CF's anti-hack program, why?

Why did we trust it?
    Why can't we use PunkBuster?
    Is it cheaper to use?
    Why does the anti-hack thing fail?
    Why is it not secure enough?
    Was this thing 'trusted' before Z8 got the game handed over?
    Is Z8 aware that this is failing badly?
    Is this why there are so many complains of 'hackers'?

Is there anyway to answer all these questions?

~Just Curious~

We trust them because they're being paid and push out patches weekly, usually several times a week.

PunkBuster is inefficient in general and for games like this specifically.

XTrap is probably cheaper than PunkBuster, yes. Unrelated though, since XTrap is better.

It doesn't fail - most hacks ARE patched. The few that are left are being worked on from both our end and XTraps, and we should see results of that soon.

See above.

I don't understand this question. Yes, XTrap is trustworthy, more so then the anticheat we had before.

Its not failing.

No, its not XTraps fault. Every F2P FPS has cheaters. Lots. We're leading the market in LACK of cheaters.
    Hack reports are now being handled extremely efficiently compared to the former method, so we should see a steady decrease in cheaters.

Yes, its possible to answer all of your questions (at least the ones that made sense).
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    We trust them because they're being paid and push out patches weekly, usually several times a week.

XTrap is probably cheaper than PunkBuster, yes. Unrelated though, since XTrap is better.

It doesn't fail - most hacks ARE patched. The few that are left are being worked on from both our end and XTraps, and we should see results of that soon.

See above.

I don't understand this question. Yes, XTrap is trustworthy, more so then the anticheat we had before.

Its not failing.

No, its not XTraps fault. Every F2P FPS has cheaters. Lots. We're leading the market in LACK of cheaters.
    Hack reports are now being handled extremely efficiently compared to the former method, so we should see a steady decrease in cheaters.

Yes, its possible to answer all of your questions (at least the ones that made sense).

Dont wanna pop ur bubble but, ehh when i open CS 1.6, i go on secure servers, and if you ever see just ONE hacker your a f***in lucky guy, cause in 5 years of gaming, i never saw one, on secure servers of course..
  • Dont wanna pop ur bubble but, ehh when i open CS 1.6, i go on secure servers, and if you ever see just ONE hacker your a f***in lucky guy, cause in 5 years of gaming, i never saw one, on secure servers of course..
    I paid for both of my Counter-Strike editions. Not sure about you.
    Its not F2P regardless.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »

See above.

Its not failing.

O.o XTrap is better?

:l I havent seen a single hacker on wii.. Unless it depends on the games you play. (MarioKart)

And.. What the fufufu is with all the questions and flames.
  • xPikachu_x wrote: »
    O.o XTrap is better?

:l I havent seen a single hacker on wii.. Unless it depends on the games you play. (MarioKart)

And.. What the fufufu is with all the questions and flames.

X-Trap is better for F2P games like this. Punkbuster would not and will not waste its time on a small free to play game like this.