Connection delayed - Troubleshooting

In every room and every server i enter i receive the following message in the form of a dialog with a black background:
"Connection Delayed"

Then it forwards me back to the lobby...

specs:
-Windows 7 Ultimate x64
-AMD Turion x2 64 2.1 GHz
-4GB SO-DIMM DDR RAM
-1280 x 1080 native resolution
-nVidia GeForce 7150M

I have NO anti-virus installed, and i just got this computer.. no way some sort of virus could possibly be here.. (I'm cautious on what I download..)

Here is what I have tried (Might help others?)
-Adding Crossfire.exe to Windows firewall exception list
-Adding CF_G4BOX.exe to Windows firewall exception list
-Removing incoming and outcoming rules in Windows firewall
-Disabling windows firewall
-Tinkering with my router settings (I'm on a wired port fyi.)
-Changing DNS to DNSAdvantage
-Reinstalling CrossFire
-Re-downloading + installing CrossFire from an alternative server source
-Disabling Windows defender
-Adjusting network adapter settings

I'm aware that 'Connection delayed' could possibly be due to lag spikes, bad internet.. etc

I've ping the DNS servers Z8Games resolves to, it stays at 55MS.. never moves even to 56.. it's SUPER-stable.

I've even tried the UK servers, Miami servers.. everything :(

I can't seem to get it working again, so could someone possibly provide some aiding assistance to my issue?

(I'm so lucky, i get a new PC and better internet and now CF doesn't work. just wow.. -_-)

All help/suggestions and comments will be appreciated!

Comments

• IDraesarI wrote: »
    its your antivirus that is blocking cf

fail he said he has no anti-virus installed

you should download AVG then add cf to AVG's exceptions list and see if it will run if so then it seems something in your windows firewall is still blocking the connection

also try opening command promt and running a tracert rather than a ping test
  • fail he said he has no anti-virus installed

you should download AVG then add cf to AVG's exceptions list and see if it will run if so then it seems something in your windows firewall is still blocking the connection

also try opening command promt and running a tracert rather than a ping test

oh he said that? then is definitely is his antivirus bloking cf
  • IDraesarI wrote: »
    its your antivirus that is blocking cf

I just said "Some people just don't read ... " irl ._.

Adding more Anti-virus products will lessen your chance of getting the game running.

Please read my first post fully, if you are unable to comprehend it, do not post suggestions that I have clearly have done / or those that would decrease the chance of getting my game running

I've just tried on another computer, direct link to the internet (Non-routed) no firewall enabled... still the same error >_>
  • I disable Windows defender in the Control panel.. still not working.

I haven't a clue why not.

If XTrap can connect to check the version and i can go inside of any server lobby and rooms and not be able to in-game then something is up o.o

This is so frustrating ... -_-
  • BUMP!

I have the same problem and would like an answer.
    I'm re-installing right now. Let's see what happens.
  • Solutions

-Bump-

After some extensive testing, I've concluded the following reasons to this problem.

1) Your firewall is blocking the connection to the gameserver, Disable it in Control panel > Firewall
    2) Your anti-virus scans packets between the client and the server and suspects CrossFire.exe as a suspicion, add it to the exceptions list.
    3) The port is not opened on your router settings (If you are on a wireless network, look up the guide to open ports made by Greycloak)
    4) Your game has been modified by the anti-virus, disable it then re-install .. Add to the exceptions list then re-enable the guard.
    5) Your network is very unstable and can't receive the data to enter the game within the timeout limit, check your router or contact your ISP.

Last of all, and my problem...
    6) Your ISP has completely denied access to all ports passing :80 besides SMTP/FTP/WEBSERVER (port 80)

I've verified this is the problem by enabling a VPN and using a port checker before and after i enable/disable.
    When i enable it, port for CF is open.. all ports are open.
    When i disable it, all ports past :80 are closed.

SOLUTION: Contact your ISP and ask them to open the ports or verify that they are opened.

It is 90% more likely that it's a problem with your internet or computer rather than the CrossFire servers or the game client.
    Don't blame the moderators or Gamemasters for not fixing this bug, it is out of their hands and they cannot help you. It is an issue with your computer or internet service provider.

If any of these tips did not help or aid in assistance to resolving the issue, look in the phonebook for your internet service provider number and give them a call or simply post your problem here if you are certain that your ISP or these solutions cannot solve it.

Check if your port is open!
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Type in port 13008 in the box and press CHECK.

If it is open, then it must be your router or connection speed.
    If it is closed, adjust and open ports as demonstrated in Greycloack's opening ports thread.

Sadly, i get the following error:

Error: I could not see your service on **.**.*.*** on port (13008)
    Reason: Connection refused

and yes, I have opened ports on my local machine and router + disabled AV + firewall.

I've got to make a call to my ISP tomorrow.