Armor and ghosts.

Armor makes people harder to kill, But I've encountered alot of people who use this bulletproof armor with no drawbacks. Personally I believe that nothing is perfect, And that includes armor.

I understand people pay money for this, But when they get it they play ghost mode where it makes ghosts twice as hard to kill- as if having b-hopping invisible people with bladed weapons isn't dangerous enough. You should at least reduce the effectiveness of armor when used on the ghost team- as is anyone who's aim is stealth will want to be able to move fluently and quickly, both of which should be affected by armor. No man is going to go in and be successfully stealthy with a tank around them(Just as you can't logically sneak around with power armor in FO3, etc) I respect that this game is not other games, but then again it's not entirely logical. .-.

Comments

• I agree with this. They should either fix the bhop bug, or lower armors effectiveness when used by the ghost team.

They could do both. =D And for those of you who don't want the bhop bug fixed, learn to play Ghost Mode without the use of noob bugs and such. <..<

Psssssttt. Make it so the ghosts invisibility works on there x-y coordinates instead on if they're moving. That way the bhop won't work because there x-y coordinates are changing! =D
  • BULLSH!T armor DOES NOT make you bulletproof as it says nor does it help you with melee damage and headshots,

the ONLY thing that i say STILL makes it worth the money is grenades,
    you can take a heart nade and come out with 93 armor and 60 hp, that is it.

CASE CLOSED
  • The bulletproof armor only helps when you fall off of high places, nades, and small shots. It is a total waste of ZP. So do not QQ about it.
  • The bulletproof armor only helps when you fall off of high places, nades, and small shots. It is a total waste of ZP. So do not QQ about it.
    Wrong, only with grenades and that is it and i still say that it is worth it.
  • pfft armor lets u get hit by 1 more bullet then normal and u think its bad in gm? way more annoying in em imo

its not even bulletproof armor its more like bullet resistant armor
    i dont think it can be nerfed weaker then it already is w/o making it useless
  • Wb if you wear armour your char moves more slowly in all game types?
  • Wrong, only with grenades and that is it and i still say that it is worth it.

no,and this is a fail thread
  • You have a gun and armour is far more annoying if a GR member is wearing it
    if you can get kills thats your problem :) stop QQ'ing
    They should either fix the bhop bug

Bhop was confirmed that it wasnt a bug way back and z8 said even if they tried to fix it, it would be incredibly difficult
  • shouldn't it make you slower or something like that?

or just don't have Armor in G.M. :)
  • I think that all the people that are always qqing about armor are just too poor to afford it.
  • Or.. They don't feel like wasting ten bucks to buy ZP which will last for about ten minutes to buy something that is just going to disappear. And if armor barely does anything, explain why People walk away with 50 or so HP when putting enough bullets into them to kill someone without armor? Granted there is the fact that they lagged ever so slightly, but with 50 ping; similar to my own, People shouldn't be missing half the bullet wounds.. Unless the developers are entirely idiots and made every aspect of code overly complicated(complicated code, is not good at all) Why don't they make it so that instead of the visibility changing on walking, It changes on XY coordinates.

And I didn't mean weaker in general, I meant weaker in GM only.. Make it resemble something of a 'recon armor' sorts.. I could care less about the armor in other modes.
  • mxr229 wrote: »
    I think that all the people that are always qqing about armor are just too poor to afford it.
    ALuth wrote: »
    Or.. They don't feel like wasting ten bucks to buy ZP which will last for about ten minutes to buy something that is just going to disappear. And if armor barely does anything, explain why People walk away with 50 or so HP when putting enough bullets into them to kill someone without armor? Granted there is the fact that they lagged ever so slightly, but with 50 ping; similar to my own, People shouldn't be missing half the bullet wounds.. Unless the developers are entirely idiots and made every aspect of code overly complicated(complicated code, is not good at all) Why don't they make it so that instead of the visibility changing on walking, It changes on XY coordinates.

And I didn't mean weaker in general, I meant weaker in GM only.. Make it resemble something of a 'recon armor' sorts.. I could care less about the armor in other modes.

i LOVE the fact that when ever i use armor, PEOPLE NEVER NOTICE THAT I AM!
    it can't be nerfed with out becoming useless.

This. .
  • Several things.. One, you're all idiots. The bulletproof vest and the headshot helmet weigh nothing, but allow you to take a lot more damage. I have an example from a previous game just today.

Walking around with my AK camo in GM, on Laboratory. I walk around a corner, ghost in my face, it turns and runs. While running after it I saw blood at least 5 different times. The ak is a 3-4 shot kill. So armor takes more than one shot. It can take several. It only adds one shot from snipers, yes. But all other weapons it can take a whole extra 100 damage to it.

And as to what Luth said, make it resemble recon armor. It can help with some damage, but not a lot. maybe one extra shot from an AR, two from a pistol, but it doesn't help against a high powered rifle at all. Also make it so that if you're using it, then it should slow you down in ALL GAME MODES!

In real life, if you're wearing an armor vest that can stop a grenade(Even ones that launch hearts into the air...... Wtf....) it's going to weight a hell of a lot. At LEAST 35 pounds. The only armor they have that can stop a grenade, is dragon scale armor which weighs 20-30 pounds more than the standard armor as it stands now. For the recon armor the ghosts should have make it a 5-10 pounds kevlar vest. .-. It could take a few extra shots but not stop a grenade or a high powered rifle.(Almost put riddle there instead.)

So yeah, basically, the armor is over done on ghosts and overdone period considering all that it does with out any weight.
  • Several things.. One, you're all idiots. The bulletproof vest and the headshot helmet weigh nothing, but allow you to take a lot more damage. I have an example from a previous game just today.

Walking around with my AK camo in GM, on Laboratory. I walk around a corner, ghost in my face, it turns and runs. While running after it I saw blood at least 5 different times. The ak is a 3-4 shot kill. So armor takes more than one shot. It can take several. It only adds one shot from snipers, yes. But all other weapons it can take a whole extra 100 damage to it.

And as to what Luth said, make it resemble recon armor. It can help with some damage, but not a lot. maybe one extra shot from an AR, two from a pistol, but it doesn't help against a high powered rifle at all. Also make it so that if you're using it, then it should slow you down in ALL GAME MODES!

In real life, if you're wearing an armor vest that can stop a grenade(Even ones that launch hearts into the air...... Wtf....) it's going to weight a hell of a lot. At LEAST 35 pounds. The only armor they have that can stop a grenade, is dragon scale armor which weighs 20-30 pounds more than the standard armor as it stands now. For the recon armor the ghosts should have make it a 5-10 pounds kevlar vest. .-. It could take a few extra shots but not stop a grenade or a high powered rifle.(Almost put riddle there instead.)

So yeah, basically, the armor is over done on ghosts and overdone period considering all that it does with out any weight.

Not overpowered i still kill 1 shot in the head with AK and M4 and still 1 shot with awm/DSR
  • SPAZZ3R wrote: »
    Not overpowered i still kill 1 shot in the head with AK and M4 and still 1 shot with awm/DSR

One, the armor only covers the chest, unless you buy the bullet proof helmet. So that headshot argument is nothing but pointless characters.
    And two, armor basically gives the player wearing a while set of 100 more HP. I've hit armored ghosts with 6-9 shots from a d-eagle camo and they still got to me and killed me, when I did 80-99 damage. The d-eagle is usually a 3 shot kill. Around 40 damage a shot.
  • Just make it so armor on a ghost makes you run as fast as a regular person.
  • i don't really care, i don't think armor effects me alot, unless they lag/very low ping
  • This is just a QQ about armor thread... And Bhop removed?! Are you MENTAL? Do you know how hard it would be to get bunch of kills against skilled players if you have to rush? All they would do is camp in open areas and watch out for ghosts with their breath.
  • Narficer wrote: »
    This is just a QQ about armor thread... And Bhop removed?! Are you MENTAL? Do you know how hard it would be to get bunch of kills against skilled players if you have to rush? All they would do is camp in open areas and watch out for ghosts with their breath.

Umm, I don't BHOP, and I still get more than positive KDR in Ghost Mode. Actually, without BHOP today I went 10-2 on the ghost team.
  • i don't really care, i don't think armor effects me alot, unless they lag/very low ping

How would low ping effect you? Low ping is good 99% of the time.
  • How would low ping effect you? Low ping is good 99% of the time.

Yeah, very low ping players have it good in cases where they have the gun...seeing as they can see you move much earlier then a person with a higher ping...

But that won't change diddly with armor.
    And the helmet is worthless...90% of the time you get killed by chest/leg shots. If you get hit ONCE in your torso and then HSed you STILL die because the stupid thing protects 90hp.
  • ALuth wrote: »
    Just as you can't logically sneak around with power armor in Fallout 3

I can.

But yah, armored ghosts are tanky as hell.

You can literally use a whole M4-C mag on just one.
  • LOL.
    I used armor for a very very long time, and I play BL GM most all of the time. Its not that big a deal, seriously. I recently stopped bothering buying it, I barely tell a difference.

thdf3412c7.gif
    -Haley.
    Or.. They don't feel like wasting ten bucks to buy ZP which will last for about ten minutes to buy something that is just going to disappear. And if armor barely does anything, explain why People walk away with 50 or so HP when putting enough bullets into them to kill someone without armor? Granted there is the fact that they lagged ever so slightly, but with 50 ping; similar to my own, People shouldn't be missing half the bullet wounds.. Unless the developers are entirely idiots and made every aspect of code overly complicated(complicated code, is not good at all) Why don't they make it so that instead of the visibility changing on walking, It changes on XY coordinates.

Dang you typed alot.
  • I can.

But yah, armored ghosts are tanky as hell.

You can literally use a whole M4-C mag on just one.

Well.. You can, Its just you have to be like me and boost your sneak skill. .-. But I don't think we have a sneak skill to upgrade every level we hit. But yeah.. Its true enough. Armor is all good, no bad, in crossfire.

--
    Dang you typed alot.

I like to post complete thoughts, and cover exactly what I think. Rather than half the other people that would just post "Make the armor weaker" ._.
    Well.. You can, Its just you have to be like me and boost your sneak skill. .-. But I don't think we have a sneak skill to upgrade every level we hit. But yeah.. Its true enough. Armor is all good, no bad.

My sneak was only 56 on my first account ;)

Chinese Crimson Dragoon jumpsuit ftw :rolleyes:
  • By killing bhopping, you killed GM and every hope for the BL to win. Now us GR are stuck with Tankers and noob ghosts, thanks a lot.
  • By killing bhopping, you killed GM and every hope for the BL to win. Now us GR are stuck with Tankers and noob ghosts, thanks a lot.

Bhoppers aren't hard to kill at all.
    The tankers are annoying, but the fact that every noob questions EVERY kill is ruining GM.
  • Bhoppers aren't hard to kill at all.
    The tankers are annoying, but the fact that every noob questions EVERY kill is ruining GM.
    Yes I know, but without bhopping, all the moderatly to good bhoppers will have to tank, and that's sooooo fun, a game full of tankers. I hate 2-3 tankers.