Gurps tips to become an overall better cf player

Sup my name is Gurp, i want to make this guide to show people tips ive used for becomming a better player. Im not the best player, but i do think i know what i am talking about. so yah lets get started.

Angles

You must know every single corner of each map (snd maps), where to go to see the person if there camping that corner, and you need to know what corner to peek first to avoid getting shot when pushing a site. When peeking @ corners try staying a little further let me show you an example.

2ahbdrl.jpg

When your far away most of the time your covered by a box or a wall allowing you to frag the enemy camping that corner.

29nx91k.jpg

When your closer to the enemy they can pull a reaction shot or even worse, your open to a window and cat, and what you mostly don't want is a frag trade.

This is my point of views from angles. Everyone's opinion is different under this subject in FPS games.

Thrown

Using thrown weapons is key. Aka Grenades, Flash, smokes. Using this can win alot of rounds. Try "spamming them" what i mean by this is when rushing a site, just spam them so they can be a distraction and make them confused. Another thing is using your smokes to "cover where your going so they cant have a specific call of how many are going in a site let me tell an example, suppose your rushing b site @ BW, smoke up mid, and smoke up b bride and rush the person watching b connector from mid ramp won't have a firm number.

Flashes in this game are weak, but they are still effective. Something i notice when i used to scrim with other teams, is that they used to team flash at tight spaced area's which usually used to get us killed, so what i would suggest is "angling" your flash here's an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBzrnYjqZRw

Grenades are really good at making people at low hp, throw them at corners or boxes where people usually camp, or throw them up at A site, such as "a" site @ port. Abuse the grenades and nade stack places when you are on defense such as the mid double doors @ factory when your on gr.

Playing Smart

How do i improve my aim? It's simple play tdm's but thats not what im here for. Im trying to tell you that its %90 smarts and %10 aim. You move your mouse all the time so its not that hard to aim. Just play tdm's and play less public snd's, and scrim more snd.

Studying the Enemy team

Study the other team your facing see who's pushing what, who is there sniper, who plays what site, wheres the most weakest spot/site, are they playing passive? etc.. Take this into your advantage and use it wisely.

Calling

When playing ( supposing you already have a VoIP server ) call everything you see hear. Try not talking other then calling where there going, how much health they have reaming, where you hear flashes,smokes,grenades etc.. DO NO WHINE ABOUT HOW THEY DID NOT DIE/ HOW YOU NO REGGED, HOW SOMEONE BAITED YOU ETC. These issues you must discuss with your team after the match.

Play Confidently dont be scared

I often see teams, being scared when there playing a top team like lpk, or lifeline. DO NOT BE SCARED play normally and play calmly. When players are often scared they make stupid mistakes or get caught off guard and even worse they bait. Just play calm, call where there going etc.. IF you start loosing real badly play the site your taking over or guarding differently.

Don't Trash talk be calm

If you lost a match and if a certain someone or the whole team is calling you bad, ignore them, save the replay see what you were doing wrong and improve on that. Remember practice makes better, go over strats with your team, go play tdm's to improve your aim, better yet SCRIM SCRIM SCRIM.
Also try block chatting the other team, if you know they will be talking, because 99% people will respond back, and will take them off there game "level"

everything ive noted in this "guide" is what i think it might be wrong from your prespective etc.. I used to rage/trash talk etc.. but ive started playing in a different manner such as being calm/calling/not trash talking and ive noticed a HUGE performance level.

Also, here's a thing ive made it removes your killmarks and annoying sounds.

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=72910

So yah if you got any question xfire me up : stagmar1

any spelling mistakes etc.. quote them ill fix them i was in a rush.

pz

Comments