windows xp i assume for 2GB

looks pretty dec, im in dire need

css gun fights are :'(

what are your current specs?
  • TASTYLIMEE wrote: »
    what are your current specs?

http://esportsea.com/users/426033

computer specifications

its not so that the pc specs are bad, it's just that every thing in this pc is like busted and doesent work good, it's pretty old 5+ years
    no one that i know wastes their time playing games that require amazing graphic cards to run. frankly, all i play is source... and most of the people here only play crossfire, thus the 9500GT being a GREAT buy.

have you ever heard of future proof?

what if they wanna play crysis or something like that?

not gonna happen
  • Munzta wrote: »

not gonna happen

You shouldn't be concerned with playing Crysis if your buying a 290$ computer. Also your super budget build link doesn't work.
  • R00_N wrote: »
    You shouldn't be concerned with playing Crysis if your buying a 290$ computer. Also your super budget build link doesn't work.

talking bout future proof :)
    talking bout future proof :)

I wouldn't be concerned about future "proofness" if I was spending 290$ on a computer :) . (Yes I made up that word lol)
  • That case doesn't have lights, it won't do. lul :p

aNd that WonT HanDuL my 4k res youtube videos
    but my internet wouldn't anyway :D

not gonna happen

change the 9500GT to a 5770?
  • I wish i could build these, cept i barely know anything about these and i would have no clue...

not gonna happen

build me a computer less than $400 that is better than the one i posted.
  • change the 9500GT to a 5770?

The jump from 9500GT to 5770HD is quite large, little steps.

The 5770 is amazing, but still pretty expensive. The 9800GT is a great compromise between performance and cost.

build me a computer less than $400 that is better than the one i posted.

I know a store about 20 miles from my place where $400 could go pretty far, but online, I do believe that the rig tasty set up is a top-notch-budget machine. Note that if you buy online, you should know how to put it together yourself because most retailers have ridiculously high labor rates, $40-80. And many times they do a shoddy job.
  • CFchengdu wrote: »
    I wish i could build these, cept i barely know anything about these and i would have no clue...

Its pretty easy rofl. just plug a couple of cables and ur done...

People often get intimidated by building a computer, the fact is, it's easy as hell. The hard part is choosing your components. Building a balanced PC is the key. You don't want ur GPU bottleneking ur CPU or vice-versa. But if you want a future proof PC(meaning 2-3 years lol). I wouldn't suggest spending less than 600-700$.

And btw, For gaming, I suggest always putting a bit more money in your graphics card than your CPU simply because having CPU dosn't really improve your game FPS as much. However, you might find doing simple things in windows a bit slower than you intended...
  • IzConcept wrote: »
    People often get intimidated by building a computer, the fact is, it's easy as hell.

EXCEPT, be careful when attaching your CPU, they don't handle abuse very well. Also, I suggest buying an anti-static wristband, as well as taking other necessary precautions to avoid electrocution and damaged parts. Make sure you buy a surge-protector as well, protect your investment :D.
    thinking about getting rid of that old laptop that is struggling to maintain good frames in most games? is money tight at the moment? do not worry! i can come up with computer builds for you that will satisfy your gaming needs.

Ex.

$400 Build:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=12190451

will run most games at medium settings at 60+ fps. crossfire, 1024x768 in 8v8 rooms = roughly 60-90.

just do one of toms hw sbm computers
    Its pretty easy rofl. just plug a couple of cables and ur done...

People often get intimidated by building a computer, the fact is, it's easy as hell. The hard part is choosing your components. Building a balanced PC is the key. You don't want ur GPU bottleneking ur CPU or vice-versa. But if you want a future proof PC(meaning 2-3 years lol). I wouldn't suggest spending less than 600-700$.

And btw, For gaming, I suggest always putting a bit more money in your graphics card than your CPU simply because having CPU dosn't really improve your game FPS as much. However, you might find doing simple things in windows a bit slower than you intended...
    it all depends on the game

most games are actually cpu dependent
  • I find a wider selection on TigerDirect, even though Newegg has better deals. You should check it out.
  • idk about your build, but first id get meki pendant, bersearker greaves, malady, b thirster, inf edge. but thats just me
  • doop51 wrote: »
    it all depends on the game

most games are actually cpu dependent

Most games are cpu dependant?! Really?
    Lol im pretty sure most fps(because thats the extent of my gamin knoledge lol,:D) games depend more on the power of your gpu, like textures, all the details and that graphic stuff. The only things that needs cpu power , i imagine, are the physics, like all the movement and stuff. Unless your playing crysis too with all the physics models turned on, i don't think your cpu can help that much...
    Most games are cpu dependant?! Really?
    Lol im pretty sure most fps(because thats the extent of my gamin knoledge lol,:D) games depend more on the power of your gpu, like textures, all the details and that graphic stuff. The only things that needs cpu power , i imagine, are the physics, like all the movement and stuff. Unless your playing crysis too with all the physics models turned on, i don't think your cpu can help that much...
    Actually that isn't completely true, nor is what doop said.

Without a good graphics card, you are stuck with whatever your onBoard is. Even if you have an i7 Extreme, using that EVGA onBoard chipset will get you maybe 170 fps(depending on what motherboard it is).
    But if you have something like an AMD Athlon 64 with a GTX 460, you would top at 90 fps(Even though the processor would heat profusely trying to keep up with the GPU).

You need to follow a caste system (if I could compare it to that) like low end, mid, and high end product.

Now with an i7 Extreme and GTX 460, my brother gets 2k FPS in Crossfire and about 90 FPS on Extreme settings on Crysis.
  • Built mine for $550.

Buying everything this month :}
  • C__C wrote: »

Without a good graphics card, you are stuck with whatever your onBoard is. Even if you have an i7 Extreme, using that EVGA onBoard chipset will get you maybe 170 fps(depending on what motherboard it is).
    But if you have something like an AMD Athlon 64 with a GTX 460, you would top at 90 fps(Even though the processor would heat profusely trying to keep up with the GPU).

You need to follow a caste system (if I could compare it to that) like low end, mid, and high end product.

Now with an i7 Extreme and GTX 460, my brother gets 2k FPS in Crossfire and about 90 FPS on Extreme settings on Crysis.

anyone who buys an i7 extreme won't be running onboard. you're an idiot

but cpu is more important than a graphics card. i am not saying don't get a graphics card and run onboard. Just get a 5770, they are like 150 and will do just fine.
  • zbots2 wrote: »
    Any "decent" modern computer with a low/mid range nvidia card works good. In this game amd/ati cards are FAIL.

I like Ati better. IMO

whenever i see you post my barf big fills a little more.
  • J0sef wrote: »
    munzta, he clearly said budget build...

budget in gaming world is $600-700
  • I_r_GM wrote: »
    budget in gaming world is $600-700

gaming world?

i can handpick lots of people that i know who are part of your "gaming world" who don't have intentions of paying boatloads for a computer.

stop replying to my thread, you aren't impressing anyone by trying to tell me what is better than i have posted.

once you stop living off of your parents salary you will realize the idea of budget computers. once you get out of elementary school, you will realize that you don't need the best hardware to enjoy gaming... especially if you only specialize in a few games that AREN'T graphically heavy.

1. you won't get 170 fps with onboard no matter what processor you have

2. an AMD Athlon 64 with a GTX 460 will give you more than a i7 and onboard graphics

3. sorry, your brother does NOT get 2000 fps. if you're talking about the loading screen when it turns black temporarily, maybe.