card

I have a computer with NVIDIA intergrated but I have a ATI radeon card. It will fit in my computer but will it work?

Comments

• Vap0rizer wrote: »
    I have a computer with NVIDIA intergrated but I have a ATI radeon card. It will fit in my computer but will it work?

depends if your mother board has the right graphics card port
    PCI or whatever????
    also you'll have to get a driver for it
    i would take it to a real tech and get him to install it
    save you alot of head aches in the long run
  • depends if your mother board has the right graphics card port
    PCI or whatever????
    also you'll have to get a driver for it
    i would take it to a real tech and get him to install it
    save you alot of head aches in the long run

It has a red PCI 2.0 express slot. Im guessing that would be the one to support it. right. The driver comes in the install disk correct? The tech guy is going to charge me to go in to BIOS and change over from intergrated to board support and use that disk to install the driver. why would I pay a tech to do a 10 minute job that is easy.
    It has a red PCI 2.0 express slot. Im guessing that would be the one to support it. right. The driver comes in the install disk correct? The tech guy is going to charge me to go in to BIOS and change over from intergrated to board support and use that disk to install the driver. why would I pay a tech to do a 10 minute job that is easy.

lol well if it's easy why did u post the thread
    but yes the driver should come with the card on the install disc
    but with graphics cards its not just plop it in install the driver and badda bing badda boom its done
    there are many variables you need to take into concideration
    like if i wanted to upgrade my piece of cr@p radeon x600 to a higher end one
    id have to change my mother board the processor even the cooling fan lol
    but good luck with it anyways man
  • lol well if it's easy why did u post the thread
    but with graphics cards its not just plop it in install the driver and badda bing badda boom its done

But my computer is a 2010 brand new computer. Its not 5 years or older. So I should have no problems.
    However I did have a dell computer that was an 02 build. I bought a card that was brand new and it faked my dell up. Thats why I got this one. LOL. I will atleast "CALL" a tech before I do anything on my own.
    Thanks for your feedback.
  • PCI Express? AGP? AGP X2? AGP X4? AGP X8? Which?
  • lol it worked as I thought it would. The only problem was it made my ping spike. I thought it was the power supply so I got a black widow and my ping still spiked. So I was foolin with things and found in the cf properties it was selected to run in compatibility with windows xp serv pack 3. I unchecked it and it runs beast now....
  • Lehgit wrote: »
    PCI Express? AGP? AGP X2? AGP X4? AGP X8? Which?

dumbass read my 2nd post

Then it fits for ALL PCI-E Cards :)
    Just check so your power supply can handle it ^^
  • lol well if it's easy why did u post the thread

That is plain BS . as long as the Power Supply can
    handle the amount of Power the card demand ,
    then theres aint any problem , and if the power
    supply can't handle it then it usaly just gives it less power
    and with that comes less performance , but nothing more than
    that ,

And it isn't hard to put in the card , you just need to secure so you
    dosnt got any static electrical ^^

Only thing i did with mine Nvida Geforce 8400GS was to plug it in ,
    Went into bios , changed to card , and then pluged in the cable