The St0ner Review: Beretta AR-70

Sup mercs, here's my new review on the semi-new GP crate assault rifle, the Beretta AR-70 :D

All right, here we go:

Power: when i first won this gun (about a week after it came out), i was amazed by it's power. up close, it can do 35-41 damage per shot at close range, 31 at mid, and 29-30 at long (all for chest shots). obviously, it's a one hit KO to the head. so yeah... it's power is great for a 5.56x45mm rifle, and it almost matches the AK-47 :D

Accuracy: pretty good, but compared to AK, M4, and AUG, it's not quite as precise. When single shotting, it's almost dead-on, but shoots a bit off to the right. When bursting, however, this thing's an absolute beast ;). A good 2-4 shot burst fired at the upper chest level usually results in a headshot, if not an easy kill. It has the potential to outgun the M4 and AK in the right hands :D

Spray Pattern/Recoil: it takes some getting used to... it shoots in a circle when spraying, while rising up in what seems to be a backwards 7 (minus the sudden straight spray) while bursting. it's easy to master though, and is more controllable than some assault rifles in this respect.

Firing rate: a bit lower than average, slower than the M4 and AK, but this makes it more controllable at range :D

Ammo duration: with the 35/105 ammo, combined with the slow ROF and fast kill time, this thing will last forever in trained hands ;)

Looks: kinda boxy, but not nearly as ugly as the Type 89 lol

Reload: at about 2.5 seconds, it's pretty fast, plus the reload itself looks awesome :D

The AR-70's the proverbial "jack of all trades" with the ability to do almost everything well, but it doesn't excel in one particular category (except maybe damage). The sheer fact that it's so well balanced makes it a great for any situation.

My score for this Italian killer is a 9.25/10

Feel free to comment :D

Comments