Please proofread my scholarship ship. please. not very long.

the topic: "Why Should you be awarded the Take Stock in Children Scholarship?"
I should be awarded this scholarship because i am very good in school and a well rounded person who works to his best ability.
My goals and life plans have always inspired me to do my best, and nothing could ever change that. I put education ahead of everything I do, because I know that's whats going to help me to develop into the best Sports Medicine Doctor.
I have worked very hard to achieve where I am today. I believe in myself one-hundred and one percent, and that is why I strive to get the best grades in school and stay one-step ahead of everyone else. I know for a fact that I have something to offer society that will benefit it in the future.
I know that in order to achieve my life long goals, I must overcome all obstacles that come my way. But, Being awarded this scholarship would be like moving mountains, because it would help make one less obstacle that I’d have to worry about.
Back in May of 2000, my family and I stepped our foot on American soil for the very first time. We came here to make a new living in hopes of finding well-payed jobs and valuable education. Both my parents took on the roll of working, while my sister's and I attended American school for the very first time. Even though I didn't speak one word of English, I never once showed signs of weakness. I studied everyday, and got tutored in areas I needed help. Now I can proudly say that all that hard work is paying off. I'm passing my Honors and Advance Placement classes, and getting excellent attendance at the same time.
Though I am smart and have come a long way, those aren't the only reasons I deserve to be awarded this scholarship. I am an individual who is willing to go the extra mile to be successful at what I do. I am now one of the leaders of PROJECT SMART, A school club created to inform teens about the dangers of using drugs and alcohol. Besides that, I'm also very athletic. Since my junior year of high school, I've been a member of the Wildcat Wrestling Team. This shows my abilities to juggle school and extra-curricular activities, while I still maintain good grades. Also, every school year I make sure that I donate blood at least four times. It makes me feel good to know that something that comes out my body can be used to help save another life.
One thing I always say to myself is, “in order to accomplish your dreams, you must be above average. Don't just be another face in the crowd, be the the only face in the crowd!” So I live my life by that, knowing that I will succeeded, and in the end earn this scholarship.
Please let me know if i need to edit anything thx

Comments