Rock Music vs. Hiphop, R&B, Rap

This thread, I will show a comparison between Rock Music and Hiphop, R&B, Rap...

I personally choose Rock Music over all the others.

I hope this will convert you into Rock Music... I hope...XD

Rock Music:

Its root genre is from Country Music, Blues (which originated from some Jazz).
Rock Music includes real instruments played by people, a band, and songs written by the band itself.
The style is usually adrenaline, it's good for exciting moods or gets you into the mood of excitement.
Usually, Rock Music is "badass".
What kind of famous people or band that makes Rock Music powerful?

Here are some samples of the best "music makers" of all time!

1 - Marylin Manson
2 - Ozzy Ozborne
3 - DISTUUUURBED!!!
4 - Drowning Pool
5 - Metallica
6 - *AD~DC*
7 - Guns N Roses
8 - 3 Days Grace
9 - Nickleback
10 - Iron Maiden... lol... "Maiden"... get it? CF MM XD

Rock Music should of been more famous than any other music IMO... IT'S ADRENALINE OF ADRENALINE!!! :D

please see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk6kEZKlFa4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6VojYGrnpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JJy8Z4dNM

R&B, Rap, Hiphop *2 girls 1 cup reactionzz XD*

Let's go down by a list...

Hiphop:

Do you know what pollutes the air? consumes our resources? leaving Africa into poverty? and damaging baby's ears? HIPHOP!!
Most of hiphop are Rock Music posers!
I'll be honest for now... Hiphop melodies don't sound bad... but heres the problem... The lyrics and skills are at a basic level!
Any music that's asociated to Hiphop indcludes...
Rarely any instruments playing,
mostly computer effects cus the artist don't have the skills to do something else than singing,
What else? Corruption!! ( e.g. Justin Bieber)
I mean common music producers and audiences!! IN THE PAST... YOU MADE SOMETHING THAT'S LESS DECENT THAN ROCK MUSIC MORE POPULAR THAN ANYTHING ELSE!!! IT'S LIKE CONSIDERING SH*T WORTH MORE THAN GOLD!!!

Here's a list of things that are more UGLY..... DISGUSTING..... and DISTURBING!!!... than every single Brazillian in Crossfire!!:

1 - Justin B*tchber
2 - Miley Cyrus
3 - Bon3rs Brothers
4 - Lady Guyguy

HIPHOP MUST BE STOPPED!!!!

Oh btw... incase you didn't know... Hiphop and Pop are two different genre of music, so don't get them mixed up... Pop includes the King Of Pop Michael Jackson... Rest in peace... I really hope there's a new man like MJ in the future... :L

R&B and Rap...

I don't dislike all R&B, I don't dislike all Rap...
R&B and Rap mostly rely on Computer effects for the beats and melody.
The vocal skills in Rap is greater than Rock Music's... but, they choose to not play real instruments -.-"

Here's a sample of very God Like decent artists:

1 - Ludacris
2 - Eminem
3 - 50 Cent
4 - Flo-Rida
5 - Black Eyed Peas

Here's a sample of artists that somewhat... less decent:

1 - Gayfish... you should know who I'm talking about.
2 - T Pain
3 - Lil ****

THINK ABOUT IT... WHICH IS BETTER?

ROCK MUSIC HAVE ADRENALINE, REAL SKILLS IN INSTRUMENTS, AND BADASS MELODIES.

HIPHOP... THEY JUST SUCK... SOME ARE ROCK MUSIC POSERS.
R&B AND RAP... GREAT VOCAL SKILLS AND MELODIES BUT ALWAYS RELY ON COMPUTER EDITINGS AND EFFECTS...

Comments

• I like heavy metal/screamo the best.

Hip-Hop is getting worse.

Rap is doing alright.
  • This thread, I will show a comparison between Rock Music and Hiphop, R&B, Rap...

Rock Music:

Rock Music includes real instruments played by people, a band, and songs written by the band itself.
    The style is usually adrenaline, it's good for exciting moods or gets you into the mood of excitement.

1 - Marylin Manson
    2 - Ozzy Ozborne
    3 - DISTUUUURBED!!!
    4 - Drowning Pool
    5 - Metallica
    6 - *AD~DC*
    7 - Guns N Roses
    8 - 3 Days Grace
    9 - Nickleback

Rock Music should of been more famous than any other music IMO... IT'S ADRENALINE OF ADRENALINE!!! :D

please see:

Hiphop:

Do you know what pollutes the air? consumes our resources? leaving Africa into poverty? and damaging baby's ears? HIPHOP!!
    I'll be honest for now... Hiphop melodies don't sound bad... but heres the problem... The lyrics and skills are at a basic level!
    mostly computer effects cus the artist don't have the skills to do something else than singing,
    I mean common music producers and audiences!! IN THE PAST... YOU MADE SOMETHING THAT'S LESS DECENT THAN ROCK MUSIC MORE POPULAR THAN ANYTHING ELSE!!! IT'S LIKE CONSIDERING SH*T WORTH MORE THAN GOLD!!!

Here's a list of things that are more UGLY..... DISGUSTING..... and DISTURBING!!!... than every single Brazillian in Crossfire!!:

1 - Justin B*tchber
    2 - Miley Cyrus
    3 - Bon3rs Brothers
    4 - Lady Guyguy

Oh btw... incase you didn't know... Hiphop and Pop are two different genre of music, so don't get them mixed up... Pop includes the King Of Pop Michael Jackson... Rest in peace... I really hope there's a new man like MJ in the future... :L

R&B and Rap...

The vocal skills in Rap is greater than Rock Music's... but, they choose to not play real instruments -.-"

1 - Ludacris
    2 - Eminem
    3 - 50 Cent
    4 - Flo-Rida
    5 - Black Eyed Peas

2 - T Pain
    3 - Lil ****

R&B AND RAP... GREAT VOCAL SKILLS AND MELODIES BUT ALWAYS RELY ON COMPUTER EDITINGS AND EFFECTS...

1) Nickelback suck ass, they should be mainstream at all
    2) 99% of mainstream rap suck ass
    3) lady gaga actually have talent
  • 1) Nickelback suck ass, they should be mainstream at all
    2) 99% of mainstream rap suck ass
    3) lady gaga actually have talent

/thread .
  • I agree, rock is the best, and Disturbed is one of my favourites bands , u forgot Godsmack though xD jkjk
    However, spanish rap is great :)
  • STUFF I FORGOT

Opinion is opinion. I like both as well :p
    Wannabe Mainstreams rappers CAN'T RAP. They're like not even rap, more like hip-pop but they have like easy easy raps which I consider not rap.
    Lil Wayne is gay, sucks, his voice as well.
    Nickelback? LOLWAT
    Black Eyed Peas? No, JUST No.
    Go to their conecert. omfg their voice sucks.
    Lady Gaga, I like her :p

replace the L rap guy with eh 2pac.

Eminem should be #1 IMO because he writes about his life and not sex, drugs and other stuff.

Gun and Roses are legends :p ACDC as well
  • You wanna talk rock? Led, floyyd, jefferson airplane, fleetwoodmac-talkingheads-stranglers-the doors-the stones-the beatles-etc.................
  • Excludable wrote: »
    I like heavy metal/screamo the best.

Hip-Hop is getting worse.

Rap is doing alright.
    QFT, heavy rock ftw.
    Cant spell crap without rap :S
  • LITTLE WAYNE IS NOT HIP HOP NEITHER IS EMINEM OR ANY OF THOSE MTRFKRS YOU LISTED. HIP HOP IS
    1. GRAFFITI
    2. DJs
    3. MCs
    4. B-BOYS

RAP IS

1. DRUGS
    2. MONEY
    3. H0ES
    4. VIOLENCE

THEY DON'T RELATE IN THE LEAST

HIP HOP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDb5BOage8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGzrUjZjgI

ROCK AND HIP HOP ARE CLOSELY RELATED. HERE ARE SOME SONGS FEATURING BOTH ROCK AND HIPHOP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYcroAb12n8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J5CFiv-bvQ

AND YES, HIP HOP IS SOMETHING I'M VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT SO I'M GOING TO USE THESE BIG LETTERS TO MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND.
  • here's a list of things that are more ugly..... Disgusting..... And disturbing!!!... Than every single brazillian in crossfire!!:

1 - justin b*tchber
    2 - miley cyrus
    3 - bon3rs brothers
    4 - lady guyguy

biased list is biased.
  • Im into EDM (Electronic Dance Music) often called "rave music" genres include: house, electro, dubstep, uk hardcore, hardstyle, trance, drum and bass.

My favorite is trance, uplifting and beautiful with very great vocals in most cases.
  • If i had to pick from that list. Rock would be my choice. Hip hop and Rap is the worst thing i've heard. "Music ain't crap so we don't need rap." - My line.
    Old classic Rock like "The carpenters, The beatles,Fleetwood Mac" and the such is still my favorite.

But personally, EDM (or Electronic Dance music) is my favorite as i've grown up with it.
    I like Italo Disco and Uplifting trance.
    But my tastes aren't just limited to that, i listen to music in other languages like E nomine (German), Laban (Denmark), Yuki Kajiura (Japanese), and etc.
  • DUKEofYORK wrote: »
    You wanna talk rock? Led, floyyd, jefferson airplane, fleetwoodmac-talkingheads-stranglers-the doors-the stones-the beatles-etc.................

man, this guy has nickelback in his list... :))

those are epic bands btw yes!
  • This is your hiphop List?

1 - Ludacris
    2 - Eminem
    3 - 50 Cent
    4 - Flo-Rida
    5 - Black Eyed Peas

you are crazy. ludacris has skills and is creative of course, but he is like at number 10 or so.

ever heard of gang starr? rakim? a tribe called quest? mob deep?

black eyed peas???? are you KIDDING ME? ok i ll better stop before i lose it...
  • meh anything that sounds good and has a good beat
    so Selena Gomez ofc :D
    /nopedo
  • This thread, I will show a comparison between Rock Music and Hiphop, R&B, Rap...

Rock Music:

1 - Marylin Manson *No*
    2 - Ozzy Ozborne
    3 - DISTUUUURBED!!!
    4 - Drowning Pool *Good but not THAT good*
    5 - Metallica
    6 - *AD~DC*
    7 - Guns N Roses
    8 - 3 Days Grace *Good but no*
    9 - Nickleback *HELL NO!*
    10 - Iron Maiden... lol... "Maiden"... get it? CF MM XD *haha?*

please see:

Hiphop:

1 - Justin B*tchber
    2 - Miley Cyrus
    3 - Bon3rs Brothers
    4 - Lady Guyguy

R&B and Rap...

1 - Ludacris
    2 - Eminem *No...*
    3 - 50 Cent
    4 - Flo-Rida
    5 - Black Eyed Peas

2 - T Pain
    3 - Lil ****

*NOOOOO!*

I cannot believe in your rock list that you did not mention The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Or Led Zeppelin. Drowning Pool? Three Days Grace? NICKELBACK!? I left notes. Oh and uhh... Metal anyone?
  • Old rock/metal is ftw.

I dun liek this new sh!t.
  • r&b and rap arent even close ..
    good rap
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv0qLlVsxgI
    good rnb
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5zmK5quvrw
    not even close..

rock is just horribad. wdfs all the screaming for? srsly thats not singing
  • used__C wrote: »
    r&b and rap arent even close ..

That statement is completely incorrect. I can guarantee you that if you listen to every single, say, Metallica song out there, you will here little to no screaming at all. The 'rock/metal is just screaming' is 100% prejudice.

I can't stand rap/hip-hop/rnb, or whatever you guys listen to, I'm more of a (classic) rock/metal guy. But yeah, ignorants in here do not accept people in their community if they listen to a certain kind of music...
  • used__C wrote: »

obviously clueless `:)
  • >_> Why the hell did you list Nickleback? Ew. I admit, I did like there old stuff but everything out of there newer albums is terrible. "You look so much cuter with something in your mouth" .. really Nickleback?

Anyway, I'm a Slipknot Maggot.

thdf3412c7.gif
    -Haley.
  • Cant stand any kind of Rock\Metal etc. Just cant listen to it and have never liked it. Also always been around people that dont listen to it either.

Doesnt mean i think the music is bad. It just does nothing for me.
  • QFT, heavy rock ftw.
    Cant spell crap without rap :S

Rock ftw <3
  • Why is it that people like me who love hip hop can listen to rock and appreciate it and all, but people who listen to rock can't appreciate a good hip hop track? I love my Rage Against the Machine, Rise Against, Rollins Band, Rush, all of that. But I'll always be hip hop first.
  • to0lMunzta wrote: »
    This is your hiphop List?

1 - Ludacris
    2 - Eminem
    3 - 50 Cent
    4 - Flo-Rida
    5 - Black Eyed Peas

you are crazy. ludacris has skills and is creative of course, but he is like at number 10 or so.

ever heard of gang starr? rakim? a tribe called quest? mob deep?

black eyed peas???? are you KIDDING ME? ok i ll better stop before i lose it...

I don't even study closely to any other music but Rock... These are just cheap info I know XD cus the other music are not important to me.

Rock Music:

1 - Marylin Manson
    2 - Ozzy Ozborne
    3 - DISTUUUURBED!!!
    4 - Drowning Pool
    5 - Metallica
    6 - *AD~DC*
    7 - Guns N Roses
    8 - 3 Days Grace
    9 - Nickleback

please see:

Marylin Manson? Really?
    What about..

Foo Fighters
    YellowCard (It's decent, I mean it was...)
    Rolling Stones
    Queen, etc...

Hiphop:

1 - Justin B*tchber
    2 - Miley Cyrus
    3 - Bon3rs Brothers
    4 - Lady Guyguy

Yeah, the Jonas Brothers are totally Hip-Hop....
    R&B and Rap...

1 - Ludacris
    2 - Eminem
    3 - 50 Cent
    4 - Flo-Rida
    5 - Black Eyed Peas

2 - T Pain
    3 - Lil ****

Flo-Rida and Black Eyed Peas, ugh, god!

50 Cent who? Is that guy still around?
  • MsWolf wrote: »
    >_> Why the hell did you list Nickleback? Ew. I admit, I did like there old stuff but everything out of there newer albums is terrible. "You look so much cuter with something in your mouth" .. really Nickleback?

Anyway, I'm a Slipknot Maggot.

thdf3412c7.gif
    -Haley.

Did a girl just say she was a maggot? You don't read that very often...
  • I Respect all ur opioins :) Imma Have to go with Rap. - I dont like all Rapper artist like souja boy & Any other rapper who only Raps about being Famous & B** ches. I listen to DIRTY SOUTH xD, Lil wayne Used to be good back in the Day but like wdh happened to him ? to much syrup i suppose.. I Do Like Rock Music <3 Its Down to Earth Kinda music. and I do like Under Ground music Such as Artist's Who havent been Discovered yett (Chuckie Akens) < - Gotta love hes werk.

My top 4 would be
    Tupac (RIP)
    OutLaws
    Eminem
    & Trina