New Season

As I did for 2010 South Africa,I am going to give my predictions on the coming season for the Premiership,Champions League,La Liga and Serie A.

Premiership

- Even if this a biased decision for me since I'm a hardcore United fan,I do think it is our year yet again. Last year we lost by 1 single point,with some horrible defensive injuries and not many options going forward. Through pre-season and the first couple of matches,Berbatov finally looks like he's settling in (even if I still don't like him). Valencia and Nani were poor last year,Valencia just settling in and Nani was sulking. Hernandez looks like a great signing,and Vidic looks back to his best.

I'm going to predict Chelsea finishing second,being carried by Drogba. They're backs look pretty dodgy to me,making stupid mistakes. Terry has got a lot worse in the past year,and with Carvalho gone to Madrid,I think Alex and JT could be easy targets. Drogba again,is a player I despise,but I will admit he's probably in my list of the top 5 premiership strikers of all time. If Essien stays fit this season though,their chances improve dramatically.

The 3rd and 4 th spots will be really tight this season with Aresnal,Liverpool,Tottenham,Man City with great squads,and Villa and Everton could be under-dogs. I think City will get 4th though,and Arsenal 3rd again. I don't think City will have a good team-spirit,since I can't see it going to be easy to have players happy sitting on the bench with the huge squad City have. Also,I don't believe that they have a ''star player'' to count on this season with Belammy dropped,now in Cardiff. Ballotelli is the one to watch I do believe. My example of having great players on the bench,would be Adebayor,Given,Lescott,Milner,Johnson,Bridge and the list goes on and on.

Wigan,Blackpool and West Brom going back down. Watch out for Wolves this year! Some great signings and had perfect tactics at the end of last year.

Champions League
I'm going to go for any of these 4: Barca,Madrid,Chelsea or Man Utd. Barca are of course as strong as always,and i've already talked about Chelsea and United but Madrid have such an amazing team,starting with Jose Mourninho - one of the greatest managers in this game. Some of their players are lacking big game and champions league experiece so they mightnt win it this year,but i believe they will win it withint 3 years when Ozil,Higuain,Di Maria,Khedira and etc are at their best.

Serie A

I honestly don't follow this league too closely,but its someone's chance this year to steal a league from Inter! Benitiez is a rubbish manager which is a big weakness for them. Roma could try move into 1st this year,or possibly Fiorentina.

La Liga

Well,as it is nearly every year,a huge battle between Madrid and Barcelona. I do think Barcelona will get it again this year though,since their team has been pretty much the same and have the teamwork. Also,I think Mourinho really gets his players up for the big matches,and when he was at Chelsea there was several times in the season were they lost points in stupid matches. Two extremely entertaining teams which I love to watch.

Those are my predictions! Post your own idea's,opinions and I'm really looking forward to this season =)

Comments