Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
2GB RAM
Geforce 9600 GT 1024MB
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
DirectX 11
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
fps drops to 6 very often. If you know a fix for this pls tell me

Comments

• Use CCleaner, defrag your hard disk, use several registry cleaners, use Game Booster. These tools may increase your fps.
    Try 800 x 600 resolution, low settings, and 16 bits on Crossfire.
  • oltraLarge wrote: »
    windows 7 has a bad video card

That did not make sense at all.
  • bado258 wrote: »
    Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
    2GB RAM
    Geforce 9600 GT 1024MB
    DirectX 11

9600gt is a directx 10 not 11 it is a bug that says it.
    also what driver due you have for your 9600gt this game works good with
    197.45 divers and the new drivers an the 258 drivers here http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-258.96-whql-driver.html also the 9600 is a great overclocker .
    You can download msi afterburner here http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm to over clock and setup custom fan profile
    hope this helps
  • 9600gt is a directx 10 not 11 it is a bug that says it.
    also what driver due you have for your 9600gt this game works good with
    197.45 divers and the new drivers an the 258 drivers here http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-258.96-whql-driver.html also the 9600 is a great overclocker .
    You can download msi afterburner here http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm to over clock and setup custom fan profile
    hope this helps
    Overclocking is not recommended though.
    Bad stuff happens if not used well.
  • LobsterMts wrote: »

I have not lost one card due having a modest oc for 24/7 use
    read up on overclocking gpu's before you jump in and say something please
    heat is the only killer of a bad overclock...anyone that hard mods or soft mod
    a gpu for more volts can kill a car fast .also all overclocking will crash first
    before you kill the card on a reg software oc and 9600gt can not be volt modded with software it has to hard modded to due that..
  • I have not lost one card due having a modest oc for 24/7 use
    read up on overclocking gpu's before you jump in and say something please
    heat is the only killer of a bad overclock...anyone that hard mods or soft mod
    a gpu for more volts can kill a car fast .also all overclocking will crash first
    before you kill the card on a reg software oc and 9600gt can not be volt modded with software it has to hard modded to due that..

"read up on overclocking gpu's before you jump in and say something please "

Sorry bro so I should cut my professional register on my business.

not.

I was talkin about heat, exaclty, what if he does not know about it?

And the power supply? a overcloaked graphic card needs more watts.

Also, a 9600gt is good enugh to run CF, he does not needs that.
    "read up on overclocking gpu's before you jump in and say something please "

Sorry bro so I should cut my professional register on my business.

not.

I was talkin about heat, exaclty, what if he does not know about it?

And the power supply? a overcloaked graphic card needs more watts.

Also, a 9600gt is good enugh to run CF, he does not needs that.

9600gt power is no more that 90 watts stock and on a verry high oc you can hit up to 130 watts as far as a psu a cheap 400 watt psu can run that card .. he does not need to oc but that card is can verry easy Im here to help the op so can we stay on topic ty...
  • Geforce 9600 GT 1024MB is good enough to play crossfire.
    My com:
    Nvidia Gt 220
    Intel Core i5 750 (2.67GHz)
    4 GB DDR3 Ram
    Windows 7 Home Basic
    And i play Crossfire at 250fps.
  • Hello,
    i've a friend who has a laptop with amd dual core at ~2 GHz (i think). He has the same problem with you (veeeery low fps, about 5-6). The only way we managed to get it work was to disable one cpu for this game. After running the game, open the task manager, right-click the "crossfire" task and select to use (can't remember now how it is called. I'm under linux now) only cpu-0 or only cpu-1.
    I know that when dual-cores first appeared, there were some programs (mostly those that were published before multi-cores existense) that would run much slower on dual-cores rather than single-cores processors. The reason? I'm not sure about it.
    So, i think the same is happening with that dual core.
    On my pc with win7 64bit, intel i7 920 there are no problems.
    I hope that'll help,
    ciao :)
    Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
    2GB RAM
    Geforce 9600 GT 1024MB
    DirectX 11

There's the problem.

True I would know I spoiled a 1200$ comp because of that,
    My motherboard got fried oh it was a disaster :(
  • I have the same problem, its very annoying. This didnt happen before .. sometimes it goes from normal fps (50-100) then down to 5-6 fps for like 5 minutes then goes back up again. -_-
  • my fps is prolly the wost in cf ^^ 20-25 in a 1v1 is epic + a good comp
    Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
    2GB RAM
    Geforce 9600 GT 1024MB
    DirectX 11

Verry good system? It's nto that good XD but yeah 6 is not normal.

OS 32bits are you an idiot or what wasted your money there.

PU is shiit

GPU is old but good.

Low ram

DiretX 11 ? are you kidding us? That gpu isnt ompatible.
  • oltraLarge wrote: »
    windows 7 has a bad video card

Yeah the software has a bad hardware in it.
    -.-'
  • im thinking it is the game and not our computers .. because i did not have this problem before and my computer did not change at all.
  • im thinking it is the game and not our computers .. because i did not have this problem before and my computer did not change at all.
    It's obvious the problem is the game! Crossfire is just a clone of the old good counter-strike which runs smoothly on a celeron 670 MHz with 850 MB memory and a GeForce 440MX with 64 MB!!! Are you kidding me? Just bad programming, nothing more, nothing less ;)
  • Since I got W7Ultimate my ping dropped off to 108 and it was 39
    Windows 7 is bad
  • First of all what you are talking about when changing it to run on one core is called "Set Affinity." The response that somethings aren't written for multicore's is true. You also have to take into account that no matter what your system specs are you also are dependant on the engine the game is using. For example a goal of Xbox publishers is to not allow the game's to run under 60fps. If the game runs under that they make changes to the game (remove physics models, remove AI characters, etc.) When Crossfire's Lithtech Jupiter Extended engine was created years ago there wasn't multicore cpu's and as powerful as graphics cards as there are now. I have an Intel Core I7 860, Nvidia GTX 285 and I still see my frame rate sometimes drop to 45 fps which I know has nothing to do with my pc. Just ensure that you meet/exceed CrossFire's recommended system requirements and you will be running the game as good as it can possibly be ran.
    A few simple things you can do to optimize your system (which if you don't know you can google) is;
    Clean your pc such as removing dust from you components. By doing this you keep your pc running cooler which in return allows it to run faster
    Use disk cleanup to remove unneccasary files
    Clean up your registry- A good tool to use for this step and the step above is CCleaner
    you can also remove unneccasary system checkpoints to give you more room on your hard drive
    Defrag your hard drive using the system tool.
    Increase your paging file to maximum size
    If you have upgraded your cpu or graphics card find a good wattage calculator to ensure you are using a good psu to power your system. Good components can't work properly if they are underpowered.

That's all I can think of right now...
  • Your pc can run easly CF, the problem is with the software for sure. If it runs the game that bad you should reinstall the drives, if it doesnt work you will probably need to format your pc and do a fresh install. Check the temperature to see if its ok, you dont need to overclock it, and the way your pc is working, overcloking wont do anything.
  • KimiKelKu wrote: »
    Your pc can run easly CF, the problem is with the software for sure. If it runs the game that bad you should reinstall the drives, if it doesnt work you will probably need to format your pc and do a fresh install. Check the temperature to see if its ok, you dont need to overclock it, and the way your pc is working, overcloking wont do anything.

Never reformat your pc because you are having problems with one particular program. This should only be used as a last resort for virus's. And yes, I did forget to mention that you should make sure all your drivers are up to date. I also noticed you have an intel celeron processor and am assuming it is single core. Also, to make up for a weeker processor you need to actually increase your pixels. I know that sounds strange but by doing that you change the workload from your cpu to your gpu. I.E. the lower your resolution the more work your cpu does. The higher your resolution the more the work gets passed off to your gpu. 800x600 more workload for cpu 1280x1024 and above starts putting this workload more on your gpu which in your case your gpu can handle it. However, I cannot remember what the highest setting is for crossfire.
  • play cf with win7 is bad,beter play with vista
  • ***xHoLic wrote: »
    play cf with win7 is bad,beter play with vista
    Naaah, vista is much worse than 7, so i don't think that'll solve it. Also, i don't think (for this game) OS has to do with the performance. The laptop of my friend which i mentioned before uses XP+SP3!
  • headpred wrote: »
    Never reformat your pc because you are having problems with one particular program. This should only be used as a last resort for virus's. And yes, I did forget to mention that you should make sure all your drivers are up to date. I also noticed you have an intel celeron processor and am assuming it is single core. Also, to make up for a weeker processor you need to actually increase your pixels. I know that sounds strange but by doing that you change the workload from your cpu to your gpu. I.E. the lower your resolution the more work your cpu does. The higher your resolution the more the work gets passed off to your gpu. 800x600 more workload for cpu 1280x1024 and above starts putting this workload more on your gpu which in your case your gpu can handle it. However, I cannot remember what the highest setting is for crossfire.

Last resort? lol
    I format my server every weekend to keep it runing stable, and you really dont need to format your pc to remove a virus.
    If he has the drives up to date theres really no other solution if he wants to play cf.
  • I wasn't necessarily talking about virus's per say but to the average user everything is a virus lol. Plus, the average user can't follow step by step instructions when it is neccesary to manually remove virus's,malware,rootkits,adware etc.
    Why would you constantly reformat your server once a week? Usually a reboot every once in awhile is sufficent. Otherwise I think you are wasting your time.
    If he has all drivers up to date, if he has done every other step to optimize his system performance than I would have to lean towards hardware as far as his low fps is concerned. Celeron isn't a strong processor to begin with. Although the 9600 Nvidia card still exceeds requirements we don't know what manufacturer made it as well as the 9600 is still a mid level card anyway.