Disconnecting problem (what I've found so far)

Okay, I get this problem and Im certain its not mine or anyone else Internet...
Im certain (almost certain :D) it is a compatablity problem with Crossfire and Windows (Im picking most people use Windows :D) and yes this has only happened resently and im picking by the investigating a Friends done it has something to do with un-signed licences in the game. Dont tell me I dont know what im talking about, MLHAWTHORN has been looking at how the game runs for longer with some windows services turnt off (Which isnt the best thing for your computer) and has found that Crossfire acc's like a virus constantly scanning your computer for hacking software and as a result of this CF, ( well its more Xtrap seaching your computer but w/e), either finds something it doesnt like at shuts crossfire down OR your computer doesnt like all the looking around by Xtrap and instantly thinks of crossfire as a virus and terminates CF... This hasnt happened before because something has changed in the crossfire folder OR Xtrap has updated to find hacking software more efficently and is detecting things that arnt hacks and is shutting down crossfire.

This is what i've gather?? Got any opinions??

Comments

• deanosaur wrote: »

xDD gather = Gathered :D
  • Whoa, never seen that information before Oo. Anyways, good job finding + telling us about it, but what if it isn't that problem? Maybe it's the computer? Nobody knows...
  • Nice work. Don't know if its true or not, but sounds like it could be.
  • Yeah this is all based on findings and testings done by me and mlhawthorn We've found that turning services off can increase play time by hours but isnt a full solution or fix yet... which sucks but yeah :D. If we find anymore info I will add too this or make another thread if its really important :D:D byez
  • this make more sence than the other things I've been told. now that the problem has been found , can we expect a fix soon ?
  • this make more sence than the other things I've been told. now that the problem has been found , can we expect a fix soon ?

Well me and mlhawthorn are pretty certain it could be this but CF wont listen... well mlhawthorn has been PMing Sadain about this and he said they might have a look into it and too keep looking for other things :D I hope this is the problem then maybe the dev's can fix it
  • Crossfire: Now compatable with NO operating systems!
  • I'm going to disable xtrap and see how that goes.
  • pesdcado wrote: »
    I'm going to disable xtrap and see how that goes.

xD CF needs Xtrap too run :D but if you meant deleting the Xtrap folder then yeah that works it just redownloads it again :D
    xD CF needs Xtrap too run :D but if you meant deleting the Xtrap folder then yeah that works it just redownloads it again :D

But you can modify the xtrap files so that it doesn't actually do anything. Crossfire isn't the only game that uses it. The HGW or whatever it is can also be turned off I think.

You have to remember, most hackers are smarter than game developers, because they enjoy what they do more.
  • xtrap does not scan your computer it only scans data that is being sent from your computer into the game because if xtrap was able to scan your computer and you have a program on there like fraps that says its a hack tool you'd never get into the game without having to uninstall those things deleting it.
    Im certain (almost certain :D) it is a compatablity problem with Crossfire and Windows (Im picking most people use Windows :D) and yes this has only happened resently and im picking by the investigating a Friends done it has something to do with un-signed licences in the game. Dont tell me I dont know what im talking about, MLHAWTHORN has been looking at how the game runs for longer with some windows services turnt off (Which isnt the best thing for your computer) and has found that Crossfire acc's like a virus constantly scanning your computer for hacking software and as a result of this CF, ( well its more Xtrap seaching your computer but w/e), either finds something it doesnt like at shuts crossfire down OR your computer doesnt like all the looking around by Xtrap and instantly thinks of crossfire as a virus and terminates CF... This hasnt happened before because something has changed in the crossfire folder OR Xtrap has updated to find hacking software more efficently and is detecting things that arnt hacks and is shutting down crossfire.

You don't know what you are talking about, seriously...

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=62263

Read and cry...
  • _Sp4wn_ wrote: »
    You don't know what you are talking about, seriously...

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=62263

Read and cry...

Are u A nub?

It says 5/27/2010.. this didnot happen intill 6/28/2010...

The escape mode patch was on 6/28/2010..

So STFU little kid
  • Are u A nub?

It says 5/27/2010.. this didnot happen intill 6/28/2010...

The escape mode patch was on 6/28/2010..

So STFU little kid

Did you read his post?

He said that Xtrap scans the computer like an anti virus, if you believe that statement, you are a straight ass moron.

by the way, Escape Mode was added on 06/23/2010, not on the 28th, and all this D/C problems started after a mini patch.

Get your facts straight before trying to flame me, because you utterly failed...

Get off my nuts kid.
  • rofl i did not believe him.. im just Dcing and no 1 is doing anything.. btw

It happend after the escape mode patch.. not after the mini patch. STFU
    Did you read his post?

He said that Xtrap scans the computer like an anti virus, if you believe that statement, you are a straight ass moron.

by the way, Escape Mode was added on 06/23/2010, not on the 28th, and all this D/C problems started after a mini patch.

Get your facts straight before trying to flame me, because you utterly failed...

Get off my nuts kid.

Dude I NEVER said this WAS the problem I said it MIGHT be the problem.
    Xtrap doesnt scan like an anti virus it scans for hacks... AND it MIGHT find something it doesnt like and shut CF down gezz...
    Go troll on some other website Z8 forums doesnt need anymore trolls
    Dude I NEVER said this WAS the problem I said it MIGHT be the problem.
    Xtrap doesnt scan like an anti virus it scans for hacks... AND it MIGHT find something it doesnt like and shut CF down gezz...
    Go troll on some other website Z8 forums doesnt need anymore trolls
    deanosaur wrote: »

Way to contradict yourself, I'm not going to spend my time with you.
    Way to contradict yourself, I'm not going to spend my time with you.

Good I dont like people that think theyre the sh!t and troll about on OTHER peoples threads... I now see why you have 2000 posts
  • I do know what I am talking about SERIOUSLY.

Xtrap is a MAJOR issue.

it fails to provide the security they think it does.
    think of it as the highest resource real time anti virus EVER and put that into the game so we can experience lag and latency issues due to the non stop connection to the xtrap server
    That is without explaining the kernel and stability issues they don't tell you about when they advertise there "stable security service for online games"

EVERY GAME THAT USES XTRAP HAS ISSUES
    I cannot to put it more clearly than that

By the way windows operating systems (sadly what it was designed for) has compatibility issues the "patched" aka threw parsley next to a ham bone on a plate and called there screw up steak and shamed you with the overcharge of there overrated "security"

Said it before.
    Ditch them and make server side security fixes.
    For god sakes if your gonna pay someone at least pay someone who gets the job done and makes the players happy
    Did you read his post?

Get off my nuts kid.

Actually, No. You are wrong. It started the day they put the escape mode patch in. So get "your" facts straight. KK?
  • SaveMePlz wrote: »
    Actually, No. You are wrong. It started the day they put the escape mode patch in. So get "your" facts straight. KK?

lol

it all started after a mini patch that came after escape mode, I remember playing escape mode without problems for some days, until the mini patch came out.

So you get your facts straight.

kk?
    Good I dont like people that think theyre the sh!t and troll about on OTHER peoples threads... I now see why you have 2000 posts

So only because I don't agree with you I'm troling?

What a moron.

Cute Avatar!! :)

Still, if this information doesn't draw attention to the dev's, let's all scream at them.
  • Cute Avatar!! :)

Still, if this information doesn't draw attention to the dev's, let's all scream at them.

It doesn't draw attention because it has 0% credibility.
  • Cute Avatar!! :)

:D thx, and the dev's are probably so scared of the light that if we screamed at them they might explode into dust O_O :D
    _Sp4wn_ wrote: »
    It doesn't draw attention because it has 0% credibility.

Okay mate, no more fighting on this thread okay i accept that you dont agree with this thread and thats fine, this was only made as a sugestion for Devs to maybe look at, and that thread by Grey wasnt the best and didnt even work :/ I dont have anything against mods or GMs but seriously telling people to turn there AV and Firewall off isnt right and this thread was made for them to think about other possibilitys that could be causing this problem, I want a soultion as much as anyone else.
    lol

it all started after a mini patch that came after escape mode, I remember playing escape mode without problems for some days, until the mini patch came out.

So you get your facts straight.

kk?

No thank you. It happened when the escape mode patch came out. I would know because it was happening to me. So try to remember in that think ass head of yours.
  • It happened to me 2 days before the escape patch so yeah :)
  • I hope they patch this up soon. I was wondering how many people have this problem. I'm shure a lot of people download the game , set it up try to run it get disconnected a few times and uninstalled it without saying word. I've been b!tching about it for over a month waiting for a fix/reply . If everyone with this problem posted about it the forum would be flooded.
    I kind of gave up posting about it. cf doesn't seem too bothered about it, so why should I be.
  • SaveMePlz wrote: »
    No thank you. It happened when the escape mode patch came out. I would know because it was happening to me. So try to remember in that think ass head of yours.

Only to you, the D/C outbreak happened some days after the patch. Want proof? almost all the threads made about getting D/C'd were made at least 1 day after the patch.

deanosaur wrote: »
    Okay mate, no more fighting on this thread okay i accept that you dont agree with this thread and thats fine, this was only made as a sugestion for Devs to maybe look at, and that thread by Grey wasnt the best and didnt even work :/ I dont have anything against mods or GMs but seriously telling people to turn there AV and Firewall off isnt right and this thread was made for them to think about other possibilitys that could be causing this problem, I want a soultion as much as anyone else.

The only thing that I didn't like about your post (what started this argument) was the statement "And don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about". If that statement wasn't there, I would have posted something like "Nah! I don't think so or look at this thread this might fix your problem".

I don't like having arguments, and even less in a gaming forum, but I always post what I think (Unless that might get me banned)
    Only to you, the D/C outbreak happened some days after the patch. Want proof? almost all the threads made about getting D/C'd were made at least 1 day after the patch.

The only thing that I didn't like about your post (what started this argument) was the statement "And don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about". If that statement wasn't there, I would have posted something like "Nah! I don't think so or look at this thread this might fix your problem".

I don't like having arguments, and even less in a gaming forum, but I always post what I think (Unless that might get me banned)

I dun care. Anyways yeah it was a few days after the patch that I posted a thread because i kept trying to fix it. Well doesn't matter to me because i know how to fix it.