[DISCUSSION] What would you like to see?

This is NOT intended to be a thread for complaining or arguing about what is wrong with Cross Fire. This is a thread for discussing legitimate ideas to help the game and this community get better. If you don't have anything productive to say, please refrain from posting anything at all.
Discussion Topic

Valid, non-offensive opinions on what can and should be done to better not only the game itself, but also the community. Examples may include:
  • Competition:
    • More tournaments?
    • More legitimate Leagues?
    • More side events such as PUGs?
  • Game features:
    • Room selection features such as what characters, items, and weapons are allowed in each room? What else?
  • Game fixes:
    • Damage
    • Glitches
    • General game errors
  • Game play:
    • More maps?
    • New game mode?
    • Is there something to better the overall game play of Cross Fire?
  • Forums:
    • Strict enforcement? Zero tolerance policy for rule violations?
    • Relax the rules?
    • Do they need more staff to handle the amount of users?
    • Should staff be broken up into zones? (This MOD handles OT, this MOD handles Barracks, this MOD handles Clans, etc.)
Comments that I do not want to see
  • Ban a particular ethnicity/race of people
  • Z8 Staff are terrible; they don't do their jobs, etc.
  • This game is horrible, there is no way to fix it.
  • You're wasting your time. This has no meaning.
  • Pretty much anything that degrades the purpose of this discussion, which is to convey community opinions on how things CAN be fixed and not how they CAN'T.

Let's get some good ideas going. I am all for a good discussion. However, please keep the discussion positive. This game can be fixed and it can be good. Just a matter of whether or not this community can support it. Maybe NeoWiz/G4Box/Z8 Games will take more notice if there is a considerable amount of people that actually want this game to be better like it can be.

Discuss.

Comments

• they need more staff to ban the amount of hakerss!
  • Fix the playablity of the game. d/c's, no reg, etc. Make a stricter ingame banning system. 3 day bans for glitching? pffttt.
  • i think the room selection thing is a good idea like you could put no scar lights ping 100 or below and stuff like that and if u have like above 100 ping for 5 seconds straight u get auto kicked so those are some good ideas i want to see in cf.
  • I think that should be a project for them to work on. The in-game room selection. BobbyBlackk has mentioned this before with the in-game menu ideas in more detail. But basically:

Have options to choose:
    • What weapons are allowed (If you want M16/M700 only, then you can choose those weapons only)
    • What items are allowed (No armor, no flash guard, etc.)
    • What characters are allowed
    • Specific ping ranges (0-100) (100-150) (150-200) (200-250) etc.
      • Auto-kick if ping spikes above limit for more than 5 seconds.
  • 1)Hit-markers or make our shots register properly >:O
    2)Certain country be banned *cough* BRAZIL from teh game
    3)M12s to have a major nerf *cough* damage or recoil
    4)New Bonus point guns
    5)Barrett .50 Cal (i know mobs will say not approving but they put teh friggin gatling gun >.<)

Edit: erm idc about m12s nemore i dont see it that much in alpha 7
  • why dont put the glock and the USP at the starp gunz? like the asian version? D:
  • ox1denT wrote: »
    Ban Brazilians and I will be happy.

With an auto-sort or room preference, you don't have to do that and both parties win. Z8 keeps on making money and you don't have to be bothered with them.

For future reference, please refrain from turning this into a "Ban the BR's" thread. I would like to keep this open and non-offensive.
  • Competition: Tournaments would be nice.
    Game Play: They should add the maps that the competitive community is asking for a LONG TIME.

Add 2 more CF Mods and get one more GM would be helpful to make them react faster to tickets and reports.
  • Okay then.

Well nothing. Everything we want usually gets implemented in like new weapons/maps/items/characters/fixes etc.

Then 3 days later, people complain about it...
    "wow fail patch"
    "that gun is over/under powered!!"
    "omg i keel lagging!1!!"

People wont be satisfied even if they add everything we want.
  • ox1denT wrote: »
    Okay then.

Well nothing. Everything we want usually gets implemented in like new weapons/maps/items/characters/fixes etc.

Then 3 days later, people complain about it...
    "wow fail patch"
    "that gun is over/under powered!!" ---> An in-game selection option would solve this. Make your own room with the weapons you want allowed.
    "omg i keel lagging!1!!" --> Again, with an in-game selection option, make your own room with the range of ping that you want.

People wont be satisfied even if they add everything we want.

The point is, there needs to be more user control. Put the selection of game play into the users hands in-game. Let them control what/what not to allow for a particular game. More user preference generally leads to less complaining. But, in the end, you can't satisfy everyone. But you can satisfy the majority which is better than the minority.
  • Po1arity wrote: »
    The point is, there needs to be more user control. Put the selection of game play into the users hands in-game. Let them control what/what not to allow for a particular game. More user preference generally leads to less complaining. But, in the end, you can't satisfy everyone. But you can satisfy the majority which is better than the minority.

True. But even if we suggest them, they wont happen for no good reason. This version of CF just basically copies everything other CF versions have, and put it in here. I dont know why they make a suggestion forum if none of the really good suggestions are even being considered.

Remember when people asked for the gatling gun and then for double colts so much and now they say they suck? They asked for MM and people say its the most boring mode ever...

:/
  • 1) Different channel for use in tournaments.

eg. Foxtrot is pretty much not used for anything, turn it into a tournament channel.

2) Improvement to games coding (general I know but it would be nice, although not something Z8 games has much control over).

3) More conformity from mods. /shrug in my experience it seems different people get different hand slaps. I remember a certain aDr thread in which three people posted the exact same material yet each received a different punishment. Seemed odd to me, not to mention that some how quite a few others involved in similar actions received no punishment.

4) A single PUG vent which is not run by a bunch of whiny kids giving their friends extra help. Also it must last for more then a week, I would attempt something like this but I dislike the environment of PUG's and would probably end up banning everyone (ill hide on my own little ventrilo server handing out bans left and right instead).

But once and a while I did enjoy playing PUG's. Currently I find it rather annoying that I can't get into one =( ... Also don't set it up so that you have to create accounts. Its annoying, if people care that much about PUGs that they want premade groups let them. There really only are enough good players to form a few good teams in PUGs anyways. Not to mention it doesn't matter, claiming you have the best PUG team is like having edible camping gear.

Funny? Yes. Pointless? Yes. Did you most likely bait your entire team to get a kill? Of course!

5) Additional room options.

6) Improvements to replay system, it would also help banning cheaters. Unless GM's and co. get the ffw + rwd options which would be really gay.

7) Un-ban my main forum account so I can forumstar and clanmanagestar without having to switch accounts.

8) Allow for individuals to change the scale of their cross hair.

9) Give players the option to destroy the scope on the M4-C.

10) Add the M4-Silenced for crates.

11) Add the M4-Sakura for ZP (non-crate though kkbyethx). Link to M4-Sakura for those who have yet to see it.
    Link: Best M4A1 Ever

12) Running through walls/people.

13) Sound, its pretty hard to pin point XYZ.

ps: I swear laggers are impossible to pin point with sound.

14) Add bounty mode (ironic I know but its last on my list k?)
  • The problem I have seen is that, the community as a whole, has that same view. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, if the community as a whole actually showed a positive support for ideas, improvements and such, maybe the MODs would take more notice and possibly speak with the GMs more about it. If the MODs don't see a large amount of positive support, whether the idea is good or not, why even bring it up?
  • wownaruto wrote: »
    1)Hit-markers or make our shots register properly >:O
    2)Certain country be banned *cough* BRAZIL from teh game
    3)M12s to have a major nerf *cough* damage or recoil
    4)New Bonus point guns
    5)Barrett .50 Cal (i know mobs will say not approving but they put teh friggin gatling gun >.<)

Edit: erm idc about m12s nemore i dont see it that much in alpha 7

^^ lol 26k bp here zz
  • Yes I see what you mean, but it's impossible when you have half the community asking for Brazilian servers, scar light adv, Aussie server, and a bunch of other useless stuff that wont happen, instead of suggesting the most important things. We only have a handful of people, like you, who actually suggest the things we need the most.

Even harder when most of the community is made up of 11 year olds who dont even care about anyone but themselves.
  • the only real problems i have with the game are the registration, directional sound and your interaction with objects in the map ie: the b bombsite on subbase, trying to climb the rockets is extremely difficult without getting stuck.

The registration is extremely inconsistent. Many times you'll see multiple blood spots indicating hits but as after they kill you it shows you did no damage or maybe only 1 of the hits registered, that's a little frustrating. The registration is even worse when your opponent is in mid air, even point blanket it will hardly register.

The third change I'd like to see is the directional sound fixed. All too often the directional sound will make you think your opponents are somewhere they aren't. There is no excuse for that poor of sound in an fps game as it is vital.
  • Less hacks, less glitches, more toruneys.
    More weapons?
  • 0zz wrote: »
    the only real problems i have with the game are the registration, directional sound and your interaction with objects in the map ie: the b bombsite on subbase, trying to climb the rockets is extremely difficult without getting stuck.

The registration is extremely inconsistent. Many times you'll see multiple blood spots indicating hits but as after they kill you it shows you did no damage or maybe only 1 of the hits registered, that's a little frustrating. The registration is even worse when your opponent is in mid air, even point blanket it will hardly register.

The third change I'd like to see is the directional sound fixed. All too often the directional sound will make you think your opponents are somewhere they aren't. There is no excuse for that poor of sound in an fps game as it is vital.

all this any more weapons
  • Cypherr and Ozz - Pretty much hit it right on the nose in my opinion.

Game registration (damage) is a HUGE issue. #1 issue in-game that needs to be fixed. The directional sound is also a much needed fix. Most of the better players depend on sound to pinpoint where the opponent is located. Without accurate or misleading directional sound, how can you do that? You can't. Not with a great deal of accuracy.

In response to Cypher, I agree 100% with the conformity of MODs. For one, I do not think they have enough to handle the amount of people on these forums. Secondly, there is not a great deal of consistency. One user may get punished for a certain thread and then a 2nd user will not get punished for the same kind of thread.

100% agree.
  • The registration cant be perfect since this is a free to play game...
    You cant ask a lot from a game like CF.
  • 1.larger maps: the game is a bit too run and gun for me , I prefer to sneak up on people and let them have it in the back of the head. I myself don't snipe , but for thoes that do I'm shure it's annoying to get in a good spot just to get deagled in the face from the other side of the map
    2.better hit detection: I'm right behind someone I know I'm blowing his brains out his nose with 1/2 a clip from a g36 or xm8 , turns around looks at me and poof I'm back at respawn
    3.rank limits for spop or simular: too many low ranks with this , one or 2 in a match is enough to deal with.high ranks should be harder to bring down, low ranks should just fall over
    4. fix connection errors: I've been dealing with "disconnected from server" errors for about month now.

I think there are enough guns, maybe a couple of mounted guns in each map would be a cool change.
    this isn't everything I would change , but I think it would be good start.
  • More support staff.

I see many people saying 'omg! i sent ticket 2 weeks ago no reply wt.f z8 noobs' ....
  • Game fixes.

The content is fine, rebalance some of it, but we don't need anymore. We have a 1 hit sniper, a bunch of competitive (good) guns, a bunch of fun guns, some trash guns, and some over powered guns. While I understand that they want this game to be accessable to ALL skill levels, I think some need to change.

The option to limit the ping of players in a room has been brought up directly to GM Saidin like a million times. It just isn't going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

What needs to be done, besides the obvious fixes to the game itself, is that Z8 needs to take a page out of the CA book and add an elite moderator thingy for ZP.

What EM does is basically turn the room host into a server owner. It allows then to kick anyone out for any reason. This is kept in check by the players, who will "rate" the EM user's kicks. If a user has a good rating (meaning they make good kicks) then they will have a green name. If they do bad kicks (kicking for no reason) then they will have a red name.

This way, people can host their own rooms, and put the rules in the room title. I could title a room called "Under 100 ping ONLY" and kick out anyone who went over the limit. Or I could host a room called "WOGL Rules" and kick anyone who violated that ruleset. This way, people could have a fun enviroment to play in, without having to gather a bunch of friends and password a room.

That EM thing pretty much takes care of: Ping limit, Weapon restrictions, nationality restrictions, hackers, glitchers, etc.

Sure, some bad kicks would happen, but as long as the community is there to police itself, it would all even out. And it would bring in a LOT of cash money, which is a big plus to Z8.
  • What EM does is basically turn the room host into a server owner. It allows then to kick anyone out for any reason. This is kept in check by the players, who will "rate" the EM user's kicks. If a user has a good rating (meaning they make good kicks) then they will have a green name. If they do bad kicks (kicking for no reason) then they will have a red name. .

I've always thought this was a good idea, it solves many problems with one fix
  • more than anything - better netcode. not sure if it's possible since the game's been out for a while elsewhere.
  • I'd like to see the servers named after wherever the server is based. Seriously, what's with the alpha beta(clan) delta? The UK servers aren't called theta or omega or some other greek letter so why should the NA servers be? I say take on of the less used NA servers (echo or foxtrot?) and rename it to NA server or Canada Server. It would be a way to bring all the low pingers to one spot and provides an alternative to having ping restrictions. With enough low pingers we could just vote kick the laggers.
  • Unless it says otherwise, all the servers are in canada bruddah.