psg red dragon vs dragunov vs msg90

which of these is the best? I REFUSE TO GET AWM!! it's a noob gun everyone has, like the scar light. so which of these is the best?

Comments

• LoL, AWM a noobgun? Hey guess what kid, you'll never be a sniper. Give up sniping and go get SL or TommyGun.
  • QH4x0rQ wrote: »
    P90 for sniping all the way!

Loool..no man...u got it all worng..its UZI for sniping all the way!
  • VVIP wrote: »
    Loool..no man...u got it all worng..its UZI for sniping all the way!

Oh sheeet , i typed P90 ? Sorry man :'(
  • EMOxCORE wrote: »
    LoL, AWM a noobgun? Hey guess what kid, you'll never be a sniper. Give up sniping and go get SL or TommyGun.

ull never be a sniper? u mean ill never be one of those cheap noobs that only have to aim near the chest and bam 1hit kill. Atleast you have to aim for a 1shot kill with the dragunov, awm is easy mode. Please shut up kiddo.
  • Sentoh wrote: »
    ull never be a sniper? u mean ill never be one of those cheap noobs that only have to aim near the chest and bam 1hit kill. Atleast you have to aim for a 1shot kill with the dragunov, awm is easy mode. Please shut up kiddo.

you...never played Prison have you? =.="

listen, there are 3 types of people in there.

-The pro AWM
    -The noob AWM
    -the pro other sniper but gets a lot of deaths and so little kills he calls everyone noob and hakers and has about 2 kills from the noobs with awm
  • EMOxCORE wrote: »
    LoL, AWM a noobgun? Hey guess what kid, you'll never be a sniper. Give up sniping and go get SL or TommyGun.

Lol, everyone needs an awm? Expand your horizons.

ANYWAY, The PSG1 and Dragunov both have one hit power places besides the head, the MSG90 doesn't. So that's something to look at.

Basically, the Dragunov is VERY heavy compared to the other two, slow rate of fire (for a "semi-automatic").

MSG90 is light, and has very fast rate of fire, but NEEDS two shots to kill unless you headshoot.

PSG1-RD is Light, high ROF (not quite as fast as the MSG90) and has one hit capacity. Not to mention a 10 round clip. PSG1-RD wins in my opinion.
  • Vizored222 wrote: »
    you...never played Prison have you? =.="

listen, there are 3 types of people in there.

-The pro AWM
    -The noob AWM
    -the pro other sniper but gets a lot of deaths and so little kills he calls everyone noob and hakers and has about 2 kills from the noobs with awm

LMFAO. That happens to me a lot when I bring my Drag in there. If I bring Drag there I usually either pwn hard or die trying. When I bring my AWM I usually pwn or stay in the medium.

but for S&D, PSG/MSG/DRAG is the way to go.
  • AWM is overrated.

ontopic, i prefer the msg and the psg myself. dragunov comes after, then m700. AWM comes last.

As to the prison map, i hardly ever play it at all. as it only turns into an all AWM gun match. if i wanted to play instagib, id go play UT3 or something, not this.
  • I'll have to say Dragunov on this one.

1) More accurate. The Dragunov is nearly on the bench with the M700 while the PSG and MGS are not. The Dragunov is just a little less accurate than the M700 in the double scope...

2) More powerful. The Dragunov is above the M700 in power, while the PSG and MGS are equal or less. The Dragunov is reletively easy to 1-shot elsewhere of the head while the PSG-1 needs a sweetspot and the MGS is overall too weak.

3) Double scope. It helps to have the 10X zoom, not just the 5X that the PSG and MGS give you. This gives you more precision at longer ranges. The PSG and MGS are the snipes for the center building in Monaco or the roof in Fortress, while the Dragunov is an all-situations auto-snipe.

4) Out of scope on fire. When you fire the Dragunov you pop out of scope. This allows you to assess the situation, take better cover if needed, prioritise targets if needed, and above all else you MOVE FASTER OUT OF SCOPE. If you are in the open in scope with either the PSG or MGS you are sitting prey for AWPers and people who know how to move. Having that quick in scope, fire, and move is the best thing a sniper can have. Rarely can you sit and wait in this game, which is nearly what you have to do with the other auto-snipes.
    Many people do not know this about the AWP, M700, and Dragunov as well. If you fire and hold down the button, you stay out of scope until you release the fire button. So with the Dragunov you can stay toggled in scope, but pop out indefinitely if you want to look around. As soon as you see someone you can release back into scope and nock their teeth out.

With this comes a technique called "fast-scope" where you aim by the center-point of your screen, and since in scope is more accurate than "no-scope" you simply enter scope and fire immediately without even re-aiming. This makes you absoluely lethal at close range with a sniper, especially if you know your center-screen position well. Never no-scope again unless it is hilarious and degrading to the enemy, just "quick-scope" them by holding the fire button, aiming, then releasing and firing again quickly.

5) Dragunov reloads very quickly, so while the ROF might be slower per clip the overall ROF is actually faster.

That being said, I prefer using the M700 since it is more accurate, much lighter, and reloads just as quickly. It is also much more gratifying to do well with the "stock" sniper.
    My list of snipers goes:
    AWP
    M700
    Dragunov
    PSG-1
    MGS90

On top of nothing else the MGS is a damn cannon. I'd rather get tinnitus from playing the drums too much than playing a videogame with a loud sniper...
  • M700, its light and though it takes two shots at the chest, speed is something not to be ignored....
  • BLT sandwich FTW

Just kidding. PSG is actually better, so getting the RD version soon.
  • Hodler2 wrote: »

ANYWAY, The PSG1 and Dragunov both have one hit power places besides the head, the MSG90 doesn't. So that's something to look at.

Basically, the Dragunov is VERY heavy compared to the other two, slow rate of fire (for a "semi-automatic").

MSG90 is light, and has very fast rate of fire, but NEEDS two shots to kill unless you headshoot.

PSG1-RD is Light, high ROF (not quite as fast as the MSG90) and has one hit capacity. Not to mention a 10 round clip. PSG1-RD wins in my opinion.
    I DID expanded horizons. I'm the first one to use my SVDragunov or wasting millions in MSG. But AWM needs prescice aiming and technique, and it IS the standart sniping gun. This IS the gun that you get your first reflexes with. And if this kid thinks it's noob, well, he'll just be the average "PSG-1 snippaaaa" wich can't get the whole idea of sniping.
  • Hodler2 wrote: »

dude psg is never 1 hit except the normal one in alaska...i tested it...in normal TDM's the psg is never 1shot except for the head..
  • Muerte95 wrote: »
    dude psg is never 1 hit except the normal one in alaska...i tested it...in normal TDM's the psg is never 1shot except for the head..
    try hitting the stomach dead center... that's the 1-hit kill place for a normal PSG-1 or RD
  • Dragunov has crappy accuracy, and although it's one of my favorite guns IRL it's not very good in crossfire beyond 30 feet. Most of the time it just barely robs you of a 1 hit kill and with its bad accuracy headshots are often out of the question. PSG-1 is OK as Red Dragon, but it has slow reload rate, it's almost never a 1 hit kill and it has bad accuracy to top it all off. MSG90 has only a 5 round clip but the reload on it is about the same as most assault rifles, chest shots always do around 90-95 damage (although I think it can sometimes be a 1 hit kill rarely) and better accuracy than the PSG. IMO the MSG90 wins, but I personally still like using the M700. It's got the second best accuracy of snipers, 2 zooms, a decent firing rate and it's as light as an SMG. It's even possible to use it while rushing against new players, even if you don't get a headshot you can switch to a pistol quickly (I prefer P228) and finish them off.
  • try hitting the stomach dead center... that's the 1-hit kill place for a normal PSG-1 or RD
    On Alaska it is. On Alaska we have the non nerfed PSG. All other PSG do 80 - 90 damage on upper body.
  • Rxwatcher wrote: »
    I'll have to say Dragunov on this one.

1) More accurate. The Dragunov is nearly on the bench with the M700 while the PSG and MGS are not. The Dragunov is just a little less accurate than the M700 in the double scope...

2) More powerful. The Dragunov is above the M700 in power, while the PSG and MGS are equal or less. The Dragunov is reletively easy to 1-shot elsewhere of the head while the PSG-1 needs a sweetspot and the MGS is overall too weak.

3) Double scope. It helps to have the 10X zoom, not just the 5X that the PSG and MGS give you. This gives you more precision at longer ranges. The PSG and MGS are the snipes for the center building in Monaco or the roof in Fortress, while the Dragunov is an all-situations auto-snipe.

4) Out of scope on fire. When you fire the Dragunov you pop out of scope. This allows you to assess the situation, take better cover if needed, prioritise targets if needed, and above all else you MOVE FASTER OUT OF SCOPE. If you are in the open in scope with either the PSG or MGS you are sitting prey for AWPers and people who know how to move. Having that quick in scope, fire, and move is the best thing a sniper can have. Rarely can you sit and wait in this game, which is nearly what you have to do with the other auto-snipes.
    Many people do not know this about the AWP, M700, and Dragunov as well. If you fire and hold down the button, you stay out of scope until you release the fire button. So with the Dragunov you can stay toggled in scope, but pop out indefinitely if you want to look around. As soon as you see someone you can release back into scope and nock their teeth out.

With this comes a technique called "fast-scope" where you aim by the center-point of your screen, and since in scope is more accurate than "no-scope" you simply enter scope and fire immediately without even re-aiming. This makes you absoluely lethal at close range with a sniper, especially if you know your center-screen position well. Never no-scope again unless it is hilarious and degrading to the enemy, just "quick-scope" them by holding the fire button, aiming, then releasing and firing again quickly.

5) Dragunov reloads very quickly, so while the ROF might be slower per clip the overall ROF is actually faster.

That being said, I prefer using the M700 since it is more accurate, much lighter, and reloads just as quickly. It is also much more gratifying to do well with the "stock" sniper.
    My list of snipers goes:
    AWP
    M700
    Dragunov
    PSG-1
    MGS90

On top of nothing else the MGS is a damn cannon. I'd rather get tinnitus from playing the drums too much than playing a videogame with a loud sniper...
    this.

and the normal psg is actually better then the red, why? the red cant 1 shot kill in the upper body like the normal psg can, those +5 ammo, although a uge increase, a good sniper will kill you long before you can shoot twice.( a hs is still 1 shot kill though, but if you can always make a hs, your better off with the dragunov or the m700)