Sound Down and Axe Balancing

Okay going to keep this simple

Right now there are 2 major issues with sound down.

1. When bunnyhopping (Or sometimes even when still, though rare. Tested with clan mates of different ping, affected them all) Sound down stops making sound AT ALL. I had buddies bunnyhop right next to me, and they didn't actually start breathing until they were nestled near me for a couple seconds, THEN I suddenly hear a breath MIDWAY through, which tells me this is a sound glitch.

2. Sound down at the moment is TOO quiet. I think its sound output should be brought up at least 1 or 2 feet (0.6 Meters) because as it stands, I have to be almost intimate with them in order to hear them (That is, when the sound glitch doesn't kick in)

Axes

Simply put, I do not know WHAT happened, but axes suddenly have a 10 foot reach from a 1 1/2 foot long axe. I am not kidding when I say the axe has turned into a pike (Again, tested with clan mates of different ping, it affected them all). It is now worse then shovel (With its offputting lagged animation) since in small areas (Like outside the lasers at A's mid level area) they can almost literally swing across that entire room's length.

I don't know if this is a mistake or not, but it does need balancing.

Last Note/Critique: Complex's bomb speed should be slowed by a couple of seconds (Its countdown I mean) as the map is FAR bigger then the other maps. And so by the time you get from A to B, 1/3 of the fuse is already gone, and you only have 1/3 more left before it starts doing the "You're Skrewed" fast beeping. Add in it has more places to search then any other map for the hiding ghosts and you can see why I make this critique.

Comments

• Played with you today i think :/ your in JD clan right?
    You complained about it ingame :/ sound glitch and axe is prob just your ping
  • Okay going to keep this simple

1. When bunnyhopping (Or sometimes even when still, though rare. Tested with clan mates of different ping, affected them all) Sound down stops making sound AT ALL. I had buddies bunnyhop right next to me, and they didn't actually start breathing until they were nestled near me for a couple seconds, THEN I suddenly hear a breath MIDWAY through, which tells me this is a sound glitch.

2. Sound down at the moment is TOO quiet. I think its sound output should be brought up at least 1 or 2 feet (0.6 Meters) because as it stands, I have to be almost intimate with them in order to hear them (That is, when the sound glitch doesn't kick in)

Axes

Simply put, I do not know WHAT happened, but axes suddenly have a 10 foot reach from a 1 1/2 foot long axe. I am not kidding when I say the axe has turned into a pike (Again, tested with clan mates of different ping, it affected them all). It is now worse then shovel (With its offputting lagged animation) since in small areas (Like outside the lasers at A's mid level area) they can almost literally swing across that entire room's length.

Last Note/Critique: Complex's bomb speed should be slowed by a couple of seconds (Its countdown I mean) as the map is FAR bigger then the other maps. And so by the time you get from A to B, 1/3 of the fuse is already gone, and you only have 1/3 more left before it starts doing the "You're Skrewed" fast beeping. Add in it has more places to search then any other map for the hiding ghosts and you can see why I make this critique.

I have no problems with either axe or sound... maybe you're just bad? plus, ghosts don't breate every millisecond. the breathe, stop for a second and breathe again. i dont see the problem. are you brazilian or something? what's your ping (and ur clanmates')
  • SZYMEN wrote: »
    I have no problems with either axe or sound... maybe you're just bad? plus, ghosts don't breate every millisecond. the breathe, stop for a second and breathe again. i dont see the problem. are you brazilian or something? what's your ping (and ur clanmates')

I think he is NA
  • I love this community

"There's an issue"

Community: "YOU SUCK! NOOOOOOOB! BRAZILIAN LAGGER!!"

Actually my ping averages 41 (Highest 45, lowest 38)

So it is not my ping, and as I stated, it tried it with other clan mates (Pings ranging from 18, to 145)

Others are having the issue too. So it is obviously a bug of sorts (The sound going out)

And as for range, it is too ******* all I suggested was a foot or 2 increase instead of the current 1-2 foot range it has currently. I am not suggesting "OMG make them shout and wave their arms!" just a slight tweak for balancing reasons so you don't have to literally be hugging them to actually hear them. It would also help balance sound down in terms of bunnyhop since at the moment, it is completely overpowered (Especially added in with the axe's current issues)

And no, it is not lag since one clan mate has both shovel AND axe, and did it with both, and the much shorter axe caught me from twice the distance as the shovel.
  • sorry to tell you this but... cross fire has many glitches. this is one of them.
  • To me sound is fine
    yes when people bunny they are hard to hear but thats why you need to concentrate and NOT SPRAY EVERYWHERE!!
    and dont say the axe has a 10ft range :P it doesnt i have a permanent axe and i can prove it to you if you want
  • jat666 wrote: »
    To me sound is fine
    yes when people bunny they are hard to hear but thats why you need to concentrate and NOT SPRAY EVERYWHERE!!
    and dont say the axe has a 10ft range :P it doesnt i have a permanent axe and i can prove it to you if you want

it does atm mr snarky.

Also I am not talking about normal breathing (My High KDR will tell you that) I am talking about the sound down breathing.

right now it is two ends of the spectrum. Yuo either have UNGODLY loud breathing, or EXTREMELY quiet breathing. And CF's shatty sound engine doesn't help at all in the second department.
  • Went through a ss today and noticed team mate raging at you in team chat lol
  • it does atm mr snarky.

Also I am not talking about normal breathing (My High KDR will tell you that) I am talking about the sound down breathing.

right now it is two ends of the spectrum. Yuo either have UNGODLY loud breathing, or EXTREMELY quiet breathing. And CF's shatty sound engine doesn't help at all in the second department.

I was talking about the breathe down too and its fine to me
    yes it is insanely quite but thats all part of the challenge :)
  • ya axe+ shovel soo long reach.. when i get close to enemey(nife only match) i nife, miss then i jump back, alll i see is this person swing his/her axe/shovel then i just die... im soo far away..
  • Okay going to keep this simple

Axes

CF has clarified, bhop has no glitch to it at all
  • idk abt the sound thing because i havent played with headphones most of the time but i remember scrimming and hearring a guy who was 4 ft in front of me when i thought he was at least 6..but w/e he died so i didnt think anything of it

but the axe thing seems abt right i was wondering if the range seemed longer to any1 but me..