r0b's m4a1 Guide

Hey Crossfire-Community,

It’s been some days now since I’ve browsed the forums as usal and made a discovery. I discovered, that there are lots of helpful (and even more unhelpful) guides to different weapons, but one of the (maybe the) most used weapons is not mentioned in these guides. The m4a1.

Who am I?
That’s what you may ask… who am I that I wanna write a guide about the most popular assault rifle?
I’m 16 years old and have been playing FPS games since I was 10. A year ago I started playing cs 1.6 and css, for 3 months I was playing the whole competitively Sh*t. But with 16 I want you enjoy my life and not play cs the whole day to stay in form…so I quit. Searching a new fresh FPS I found crossfire. I’m playing for roughly a month now and had 2 chars Staff Sergant, trying out new weapons. My current account is r0b*.
Although I’m neither having a superb KD nor a high rank I believe I can teach some stuff and bring various techniques from other FPS games into play.

Knowing your weapon

On of the reasons I sit here and try to write a useful guide in my f****g bad english is that I’ve not seen any good m4 players at all. The big points are scored from lucky SLs, pro AKs and pro AWPs.
But the m4a1 is a decent, very balanced weapon that could easily keep up with all these.

Power & Accuracy
A downside many people seem to dislike is the low power. In fact it’s not really low but can’t live up to the standards of let’s say an Ak. A WELL placed body shot deals between 25 and 38 damage. Lag shots seem to take forever to kill one and are around 18 damage. It’s a save one shot headshot. It’s common knowledge that the m4 is good accuracy, although the first bullets are slightly less accurat than an AK, however it’s enough to rip off an across-the-map-headshot ;)

Spraypattern
I have a word to describe the spraypattern of the m4….
It’s GODLIKE, now many are gone disagree.
It’s maybe not as straight up as other weapons…but that does not stand for a good spray pattern!

Comments

• The thing I love about this pattern is it’s reliability. Everytime I spray against a wall I know the spray pattern will be the same. Yeah go and try it out and you’ll get the most graceful pattern in crossfire :
    A perfect letter “T”.
    You’ll notice the spray going up the first 4-5 bullets, then 90 degree right3-4 bullets, turn left again for the next 6-8 bullets and then turn right for the last few bullets left in the mag.

Reload, Weight, ROF

The reload of the m4 is around 2 seconds and one of the quickest reloading rifles in the game.
    It’s weight is somewhere in the middle of all guns, while being nicely maneuverable.
    The ROF (Rate of Fire) is great considering the fact it’s a rifle, and slight faster then the AK.

Spraying, praying, oneshoting, bursting…. WTF?

As I first saw people playing and talking about the m4 in crossfire I was realllyyy surprised.
    It seems everybody thinks the m4 is a oneshot rifle…
    I strongly disagree with that!
    NOTE: I’m fully aware Crossfire is a lot more oneshot based than cs but the only two types of riflers seeming to be out there with m4s are:
    1. Noobs spraying and praying there m4s and failing hard
    2. Pros and good players pulling off beautyful oneshots but failing in situations where a good spray would have saved there ass

Most players spray they’re m4s at close range ( and most of them fail ;)) but I never saw anybody succesful spraying there m4 on mid distance (I’m not yet playing scrims etc. so I can’t tell how good the competive players are, but this guide mostly goes out to the mid-skill-level players which don’t really know where to go from now).
    The most obvious reason to spray on mid distance is: more bullets in shorter time=you can kill with body shots on that days were you just can’t seems to find you’re opponents head ;)
    The other reason is the one most would call… counting on luck, but in fact it’s not. Let’s take an example here: 2 Skilled players are 1v1 on a scrim. One is on one end of the catwalk, the other one on the other. All nades, flahses etc are gone. Player 1 holds an Ak, player 2 an m4. Player 1 bursts for
  • the chest, while jumping around as hell. Imagine you’re player 2, and oneshot for the head of player one, while being stressed as hell and trying to ignore your ****ty teammates doing jokes on vent. Pretty hard, uhh? Going for chest shots would take forever now and the stronger AK would take you out. The basic idea of the mid range spraying is now to start off at head level and spray while following the pattern. You’ll end up with around 6-8 sprayed shots being aimed at head/neck level, done right this will take out everyone in a few shots with a HS, if your aim isn’t perfect it will give you the body kill.

Spraying

Now that I’ve stated the advantages of spraying let’s come to the actuall way of doing it. The best way to line up you’re spray is to aim shortly above where you think your enemys headlevel will be. The moment he shows you will want to quickly jolt down your crosshair and hold the left mouse botton. It’s kindda hard to describe but with training you’ll become GOD at this and even a jumping enemy will die headshoted in the first 2-3 shots. The most important part is to smoothly continuing pulling downwards. After the first 4-5 shots you’re recoil will (look: Spraypattern) stay at one height. Depending on the distance your crosshair should be somewhere shortly under chest level. Now you need to pull you crosshair slightly left ( and a tiny bit down). How long you spray depends on (1.)whether your enemy dies(2.)whether there are more than one enemy. In most cases I would stop spraying after the first jolt left, because I kindda loose overview over the spray and give the weapon a chance to cool down. If you don’t stop by then you need to follow the rest of the pattern (therefore right for 6-8 bulletsthen left for the rest of your mag). Here it’s very important to always stay disciplined and never let go of your mouse. You will want to use the spray on middle-short distances if youhave a free view at your target(s). The most common situation is 1-3 guys coming down a hall facing you. If you only see parts of the body (most likely will be the head) NEVER spray, take a breath and get him a placed oneshot-headshot. Your decision to spray is very depending on the situation your in. You will need to train it and get a feeling.

Bursting

If you have read malte(gr)s Ak guide you will probably remember that he already mentioned a big advantge of the m4 over the Ak (if you have not read his guide shame on you ;)). It’s just so much easier to burst 2-3 shots over long distance with an m4 vs an Ak than needing to one shot and let your weapon cool down after every shot (like you need with Ak). Bursting is fairly easy with an m4 and I would suggest to aim 2-3 shots shortly below head level and let the little kick of recoil in them get you the headshot. Bursting at short-mid range works pretty much the same except for you now can increase your shots to 3-4. Again: Practice makes perfect and you’ll be surprised how quick you can learn bursting with an m4. It’s the easiest part of handling an m4 IMO.
  • Oneshoting

Is a great skill to have and only with being able to oneshot good you will be able to own all those noobs in pubs. Scrims will be a bit thougher ;)
    It’s only one thing you can do while oneshoting with an m4: Aiming for the head. Chest shots will take FOREVER to kill someone. Oneshoting will come in handy on every sneaky position eg. Shooting people through windows etc…
    I would suggest using bursting instead of oneshooting over long range in most situations (again: if it’s open field). Perfect for training your oneshot ability is to sit on a rock in egypt and oneshot-headshot people on various distances.

Peaking

A lot of cs players would start of telling you a hell of a lot different names of peaks etc, but that’s most likely just gone confuse you. Always remember: Think as if you were on the other side of the corner… where would you position? Where would you preaim? Would you burst, spray? Would you crouch?
    Then do your peak in the way you wouldn’t expect if you were on the other side… and remember to preaim were you think the head of your opponent will be. Never peak in the same way twice vs one enemy… he will expect it and you’ll be headshoted!

Strafing with the m4

Unlike the AK the m4 is more accurate while moving. Even though you can strafe more than with an AK don’t overdo it. Try and keep your crosshair closed most of the time.

Mouse sens, crosshair

I know a lot of guys like their mouse sens high but I would strongly recommend to lower it. This will make you mor accurate and constant. Play around a lot with your sens and find your comfort zone.
    I personally use 4 windows sens, with 3 ingame sens. I use a racer gaming mouse but it’s broken so atm it’s just some cheap dell laser thing… it’s fine ;)
  • The crosshair is all personal preference. Use the one that (1.)Is the one you can aim the best for the head with (2.)The one that you can control/watch your recoil the best. I like all three but use the A type just because it’s the same as the one in cs so I’m used to ;)

So that’s it … a short guide of the m4s basics…

It’s my way to say “hi” to the crossfire community ;)

ATTENTION FORUM TROLLS:
    -Yep my english is not perfect
    -Yep I do grammatical/writing mistakes
    -It’s long I know, but I don’t care that you have never read anything beeing longer then 20 words and no one in this forum does so don’t tell me it’s awfully long :rolleyes
    -don’t quote the ****ing thing pls!

Everyone disagreeing with some points:
    -please be fair and argue
    -i like criticsim

Cheers, r0b
  • Amazing stuff.

Nice way to start off with amazing posts about the M4.

I vote for sticky.
  • If it had better distribution between the posts (they get cut at random spots) and had abit of formatting, would be a fantastic sticky.
  • nice guide, i like m4 alot and this helps. sticky plix
  • r0b21 wrote: »
    Who am I?
    That’s what you may ask… who am I that I wanna write a guide about the most popular assault rifle?
    I’m 16 years old and have been playing FPS games since I was 10. A year ago I started playing cs 1.6 and css, for 3 months I was playing the whole competitively Sh*t. But with 16 I want you enjoy my life and not play cs the whole day to stay in form…so I quit. Searching a new fresh FPS I found crossfire.

you didn't play cs or css competitively. being 16 the community made fun of you and you developed an eating disorder
  • you didn't play cs or css competitively. being 16 the community made fun of you and you developed an eating disorder

rofl .

I would classify this as a review
  • @oleolebrasil: rofl

I just hacked it together in about an hour after i had the idea, it might help someone
  • I dont follow u with that spraying with m4, especially mid range spraying...
    can u make a small youtube movie like malte?
    it is easier to understand u :)
    im not good too with englisch...
    its not me first language
  • This guide can be simplified in 3 words. Aim, up, and PWN.

Nice guide tho.
  • young4ewa wrote: »
    I dont follow u with that spraying with m4, especially mid range spraying...
    can u make a small youtube movie like malte?
    it is easier to understand u :)
    im not good too with englisch...
    its not me first language
    iTaeYeon wrote: »
    This guide can be simplified in 3 words. Aim, up, and PWN.

Nice guide tho.

@young4ewa i'll add some things and maybe videos once i have some free time...
    @iTaeYeon it's an important part of it, yes ;)
    @oleolebrasil: rofl

I just hacked it together in about an hour after i had the idea, it might help someone

sad but true eh?
  • lawl, its hard to play how u said.
    the video will comes?

i dont believe u xD
    @oleolebrasil: Rofl

i just hacked it together in about an hour after i had the idea, it might help someone
    hack f11! 1000000 zp
  • young4ewa wrote: »
    lawl, its hard to play how u said.
    the video will comes?

i dont believe u xD

uhh trust me it works ;)
    i'll do a little recording tomowrrow so you can see in action ...
    Hey Crossfire-Community,

It’s been some days now since I’ve browsed the forums as usal and made a discovery. I discovered, that there are lots of helpful (and even more unhelpful) guides to different weapons, but one of the (maybe the) most used weapons is not mentioned in these guides. The m4a1.

Who am I?
    I’m 16 years old and have been playing FPS games since I was 10. A year ago I started playing cs 1.6 and css, for 3 months I was playing the whole competitively Sh*t. But with 16 I want you enjoy my life and not play cs the whole day to stay in form…so I quit. Searching a new fresh FPS I found crossfire. I’m playing for roughly a month now and had 2 chars Staff Sergant, trying out new weapons. My current account is r0b*.
    Although I’m neither having a superb KD nor a high rank I believe I can teach some stuff and bring various techniques from other FPS games into play.

Knowing your weapon

On of the reasons I sit here and try to write a useful guide in my f****g bad english is that I’ve not seen any good m4 players at all. The big points are scored from lucky SLs, pro AKs and pro AWPs.
    But the m4a1 is a decent, very balanced weapon that could easily keep up with all these.

Power & Accuracy
    A downside many people seem to dislike is the low power. In fact it’s not really low but can’t live up to the standards of let’s say an Ak. A WELL placed body shot deals between 25 and 38 damage. Lag shots seem to take forever to kill one and are around 18 damage. It’s a save one shot headshot. It’s common knowledge that the m4 is good accuracy, although the first bullets are slightly less accurat than an AK, however it’s enough to rip off an across-the-map-headshot ;)

Spraypattern
    I have a word to describe the spraypattern of the m4….
    It’s GODLIKE, now many are gone disagree.
    It’s maybe not as straight up as other weapons…but that does not stand for a good spray pattern!
    m4 gold or AK gold?
  • nothing new was said here, but this might help out some new M4 users.

sticky: no

"E" for effort.
  • moch123 wrote: »
    nothing new was said here, but this might help out some new M4 users.

"E" for effort.

I give you an "F"!

Ha!
  • iamnot trying 2 flame or anything but u should come see me in a game iam a m4 user and i use it very well ( u said u dont see very good m4 users) my ign is -m4a1- hit me up 1 day
    uhh trust me it works ;)
    i'll do a little recording tomowrrow so you can see in action ...

im still waiting for u...
  • XJOJIX wrote: »
    m4 gold or AK gold?

Both work same as originals cept they have better ammo/accuracy which makes them a bit easier to use.

moch123 wrote: »
    nothing new was said here, but this might help out some new M4 users.

"E" for effort.

Nothing in any of these guides are new, its just put here for people who don't know it. Don't brag about already knowing...

"A" for awsome

Keep up the good advice

I'm a m4a1 user as well and agree with you 100% but lately ive been using m4 c which can single bullet pelt crazy fast xD

Another vote for sticky~ by Max_Skillz
  • I didn't used the reg M4 much in the whole time I played, but, now I have an M4-C. It's somehow different tho.