Is this how Z8Games Deal with Hackers?

13»

Comments

• s0b3r wrote: »
    You know, I never was one to argue with the authority around here and actually I liked the MODs but times change and so do people. I am no longer "afraid" or "scared" to stand for whats right even though its against the higher power.
    Ass holes...

K, good luck...i'm not as brave as you
  • The [CF]Reports account does not give out replies.

Hack Reports are done in bulk. Usually downloading and cataloging before issuing bans.

There was a hiccup in the process for most of the month of March (as in we didn't get to as many reports as we would have liked). But since then we've been much more efficient with the process.

Sober, please do not directly insult the MODS or you will get removed. The mods (and GMs) deal with a lot of issues from spam to trolls to people who lose accounts to everything else around here. Speaking your mind is fine, if it's done intelligently and respectful. Calling them names for the sake of it is not.

To speak specifically to that thread you are referring to, the player originally thought that it was a z8games problem for the loss of his account. Greycloak was merely explaining that almost all of the time, a loss of account information/security is due to the players fault. Not the company.
  • Saidin actually admit there report system is faulty:
    "There was a hiccup in the process for most of the month of March"

However, most of those report that i issued was in the month of Feb. & Jan. So how do u explain why those have not been looked at Saidin?

How do you explain hacker that were reported since Dec. of 2009 are still running around in this game? I not talking about simple hackers too, I am talking about those with aimbot, one shot kill and so on.
  • no offense but reporting hackers is senseless also tried hey dont make anything and what is? the hackers just make new acc

-.-
    Pls ip-ban hackers from now.
  • also, anotehr problem is that the team who has the hacker will not be willing to kick him because they just want to win, which is just gay

another problem with the votekick system is that i saw that someone wants to be kicked for hacker (who obviousy acts like one) and its 9yes/7no but THEY ARE STILL NOT KICKED, AND SAYS "KICK DENIED"
  • allopa wrote: »
    no offense but reporting hackers is senseless also tried hey dont make anything and what is? the hackers just make new acc

-.-
    Pls ip-ban hackers from now.

Then they will change IPs... Best thing to do is to have Mods in game with the ability to ban hackers on site.. This will discourage ppl from hacking because they will get ban more often and faster.. ;)
  • Dj Flamez wrote: »
    Then they will change IPs... Best thing to do is to have Mods in game with the ability to ban hackers on site.. This will discourage ppl from hacking because they will get ban more often and faster.. ;)

that would mostly work, but i have a friend who i used to play warcraft 3 with who had his IP banned from a bot so he just changed it.
  • Most of the time when people send in replays its of people not hacking so its making it even more time consuming.
  • o_damag3_o wrote: »
    yaaaahh... I reported alot.. And this guy still in every mutant mode :d

what evidence more than that !!
    He is in uk server all the time.. For weeks now // !!!!!!!

311orj8.jpg

16izg55.jpg

i vote pro.
  • THIS is precisely the reason why I never bother reporting Hackers. I've sent in some reports in the past and they never appeared on the ban list.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    The [CF]Reports account does not give out replies.

Hack Reports are done in bulk. Usually downloading and cataloging before issuing bans.

There was a hiccup in the process for most of the month of March (as in we didn't get to as many reports as we would have liked). But since then we've been much more efficient with the process.

Sober, please do not directly insult the MODS or you will get removed. The mods (and GMs) deal with a lot of issues from spam to trolls to people who lose accounts to everything else around here. Speaking your mind is fine, if it's done intelligently and respectful. Calling them names for the sake of it is not.

To speak specifically to that thread you are referring to, the player originally thought that it was a z8games problem for the loss of his account. Greycloak was merely explaining that almost all of the time, a loss of account information/security is due to the players fault. Not the company.

Surprisingly, I actually decided to look for this and look what we have here...
    Really Saidin? Have you even bothered looking around these forums and reading what the MODs post? The fact of the matter is, their being ass holes to everyone. They only seem to respect the other MODs GMs and others with power on these forums. While they sit around and "help" some of the people in this community, the way they are goin about it is wrong.
    On top of that their making random threads saying how if someone flames/trolls it, or posts useless information on it that they'll delete the post and possibly infract the poster for doing so. I understand what you guys say goes, but seriously, abusing their powers and your allowing it? So they can properly protect their threads and lock others that they see fit either "disrepectful/useless" and yet let everyone elses go to hell, while they go around treating others like dirt. This community is goin to hell....
  • no they wont do sht about it. there 2 busy not fixing other things and making more zp stuff
  • i aint reported anybody since z8 was subagamess
    idk if that make a diff but saidin always sorted tingz out for mee, countless hakrs banned

how do you report it?
    if you do it lazily jus go suck on yourself =)

givee tha gm like what round a very good part to easily show theyr hack is then is simple an only take gms minutes to sort out
  • Well everytime I report to Z8 games for pple hacking they 80% of the time get banned. I donno the correct process of sending replays and pics but I upload the screen shots on tinypic and post the .jpg link. I then also upload replay to megaupload.com and post the link there. Since this process was the one I last read like when CF first went z8games. Maybe its whats in the report? Maybe they don't understand who your reporting and maybe they dont understand what they're sposed to be looking for. I mean you can say someone chams but eh whats that when in the replay is that who's doing it what team? like gm doesn't know who you are when you send in a report they just know the account name not the player name unless they go an look it up so if its not a good enough detailed report sometimes they just ignore it since it takes time away that they can be banning pple right away due to a good detailed and understandable report.
  • its a game guys, and while i hate hackers as much as the next guy does, i wouldn't go to insulting the mods....or getting dangerously close to insulting. Which is what im seeing here.
  • Because, you're bad and you're just reporting good players.
  • well if u ask me. i think gm do watch them but u see there like over thousand of hac.ker report.. u think the gm can watch them all.. each video is like about 5-12 min long-_-
    i think gm watch those video when they not busy.. so they might watch about 20-70 video each day or less idk... so it might take for every for ur video to be watch...
  • What ever it is & what ever they are doing is clearly not working.
    What ever it is & what ever they are doing is clearly not working.

They do the bans in bulk.
    I know how it works after talking to a source (not quite sure if I can release the info or not on how it's done).

You guys gotta understand it's a long process though.
    A lot of people who aren't even hacking get reported as well, so they've gotta sort the BS reports from the real ones.
    There's even ones that are submitted that say "please ban this guy! oh.. but I don't have a replay but i'll have one next time.. but he was really hacking!"

Imagine you're the one going through all of these replays and documenting whose Hacking and whose not hacking.
    It's time consuming.
  • Removing the list for all to see was a terrible idea.

The risk of a public flogging is gone. Saw a captain glitching/hac.king yesterday and thought 'why bother'.

Until they put some GM's 'ingame' and cut the dragons head off at the neck their current system is a waste of everyones time.

CH
    So true.. Let them give me the job to ban hackers and I'll do it for free. I have lots of spare time at work. lol :D

flamez, its your boss!! INTO MY ****IN OFFICE NOOOWWW!!!!
  • to0l wrote: »
    flamez, its your boss!! INTO MY ****IN OFFICE NOOOWWW!!!!

:eek::eek: Bossy! :eek::eek:

P.S my Boss is a sexy Blond! :p
  • GRcapeman wrote: »
    i have a very bad feeling about this thread... :(

hahahaha coward :D
  • I never reported a single h4x0r.... its like useless...
  • the ha.ckers here are making Z8 money why would they want to ban them? The more they hac.k the more it makes people with a couple bucks want to buy armor, or buy a "better" gun. Im sure the balance of losing paying players who get ****ed that Z8 isnt doing cr.ap about the VIP hac.k that has been out since before Xtrap was here versus gaining people who buy ZP to 1 up on the hac.kers is very small. so why would they bother? If it isnt obvious that they dont care, u live under a rock.
  • the ha.ckers here are making Z8 money why would they want to ban them? The more they hac.k the more it makes people with a couple bucks want to buy armor, or buy a "better" gun. Im sure the balance of losing paying players who get ****ed that Z8 isnt doing cr.ap about the VIP hac.k that has been out since before Xtrap was here versus gaining people who buy ZP to 1 up on the hac.kers is very small. so why would they bother? If it isnt obvious that they dont care, u live under a rock.

Just to let you know, Your theory is completely wrong. Z8Games DOES NOT in anyway support hackers.
This discussion has been closed.