Hackers - how to stop Z8

In crossfire the main thing that seems to discourage people is the hackers. I have come up with a solution to get ride of many of them. Z8 plz read this because i believe it will help a lot. I'm sure many have heard of this but i am trying to make it happen. I think we need an "In game report button" because many pople are just to lazy to report a hacker. This would be a lot of work, i know, but it would be worth considering. Especially in clan matches where i have seen so many. Anyone who come's up with any other ideas to get rid of hackers feel free to post.

Comments

• yea ur right that is a good idea also they should come up with like anti versions of the hacks and like put it in every game mode and all matches

ty yoshi1
  • although this is a good idea in the sense your thinking it, but now think of it in the eyes of a raging 12 year old (no offense) you know that button would be spammed like crazy. It would just be worthless in the end because mods would just get sick of it and skip some.
  • Adding an ingame report system may end up having an impact on everyone's playing experience. The servers get stressed enough as it is without files being transferred in the background.
  • I dont think this would work. I mean everytime someone dies I hear them scream Hacker... even if that was the persons first kill in a death streak.
  • shadow mod

u know whats a good idea
    what if we have shadow Mods, the shadow mods will play in a game like normal but when he/she see's a hacker she has a opition in the Esc menu which is a auto kick/ warning button. If pressed it kicks the hacker and is given a warning. If 3 warnings are given a anti-hack program checks him and if found to be a hacker to be reported and his acc and computer IP banned. they may only be maby 50 or 100 shadow modsthey dont have to be in every room they have the free will to be offline. shadow mods can be chosen from an application sent to z8 games telling them why they should be a shadow mod. Shadow mods get specal wepons only shadow mods can get or z8 or something. shadow mods have to be modest and if found (rage) kicking someone they will lose there shadow mod powers and can no longer kick people ( at all). i hope that my idea is liked by z8 games and if it is can you make me a shadow mod.
  • SPAZZ3R wrote: »
    In crossfire the main thing that seems to discourage people is the hackers. I have come up with a solution to get ride of many of them. Z8 plz read this because i believe it will help a lot. I'm sure many have heard of this but i am trying to make it happen. I think we need an "In game report button" because many pople are just to lazy to report a hacker. This would be a lot of work, i know, but it would be worth considering. Especially in clan matches where i have seen so many. Anyone who come's up with any other ideas to get rid of hackers feel free to post.

agreed im 1 of those lazy people that cant be bothered reporting :D
  • but what suks is that many noobs will report and the mods will take so long to watch em all....
    am i right?
  • devilskill wrote: »
    u know whats a good idea
    what if we have shadow Mods, the shadow mods will play in a game like normal but when he/she see's a hacker she has a opition in the Esc menu which is a auto kick/ warning button. If pressed it kicks the hacker and is given a warning. If 3 warnings are given a anti-hack program checks him and if found to be a hacker to be reported and his acc and computer IP banned. they may only be maby 50 or 100 shadow modsthey dont have to be in every room they have the free will to be offline. shadow mods can be chosen from an application sent to z8 games telling them why they should be a shadow mod. Shadow mods get specal wepons only shadow mods can get or z8 or something. shadow mods have to be modest and if found (rage) kicking someone they will lose there shadow mod powers and can no longer kick people ( at all). i hope that my idea is liked by z8 games and if it is can you make me a shadow mod.

we dont need the warning they hack they get banned cos they will use it again
  • a nice ideea but I think that my with personal blacklist ideea is better, becouse u decide if u will allow a player to play with u or not. So let's say u report a player and it will take some time before z8 will take a action (if they will). Plus the host usualy can't kick hakers becouse thet anouncement "You are the host... bla bla bla" .
    please take a look at my post and maybe we cant came up with something good from all this ideeas
    10x
  • iSleep wrote: »
    we dont need the warning they hack they get banned cos they will use it again
    well yea I guess so (FINALY THE FOURM LETS ME POST ON MY IPOD)
  • This is a bad idea because everyone will click the button and it will create too many reports, which will only slow down the banning process.

Don't be lazy. Reporting someone only takes a couple minutes. Upload the replay, send the link to [CF]Reports... Simple.
  • but 4 some reason my reaplays are in another format and i carnt play it on any thing accept crossfire itsself
  • yeah a lot of people had this idea. i really hope they have this.
  • or maybe somethin like a chat command to call a mod or somethin to check someone out, like /hack or /mod or somethin followed by the name of the person suspected of hacking
  • I just had another idea that may help people, It would also like my other one be a fair amount of work and only should be allowed on the public servers. This lets u after a game select a player and with that makes it so you never get stuck in the same room with him ever again. Now i realize a lot of good players would have this happen to them but the noob who doesnt want to face them wouldnt get much better. This would not be allowed in clan servers, because then all the good clans would never get to play anyone. I also like the shadow MOD idea. I have seen a MOD in game but not many. I think that some experienced player that seem to deticate their life to the game should have these powers, They must however be mature (not some 15yr old going crazy with power). Im sure Z8 would like the idea of free employees. Just give them the power of the in game report so its not hard for them.

If anyone else has ideas feel free to post.
  • If they wont even post the banned list, then its a good assumption they arent really dedicated to the bans. One of the admins stated that no one else is posting their ban list. However that is not true. People have the right to see whether or not those they have reported were banned. The reason it is so darn time consuming to report is because i believe they would rather not have to bother with it. Its really a shame.
  • LeoLouko wrote: »
    God4Ev3r hacker 12/04/2010

LOL I reported him twice plus his clan members which also hack
    lol clan hack spawners all that clan is "TearInHeaven" you know who the he||
    you are....
    bad idea, this is going to give people the right to report others that probably not even hackng. cmon if someone reports- this guy chams, this guy aimbots, this guy just took me out oneshot with an awm, there isnt going to be any replays proving that hes doing this. meaning theres going to be a big problem
    mosad02 wrote: »
    a nice ideea but I think that my with personal blacklist ideea is better, becouse u decide if u will allow a player to play with u or not. So let's say u report a player and it will take some time before z8 will take a action (if they will). Plus the host usualy can't kick hakers becouse thet anouncement "You are the host... bla bla bla" .
    please take a look at my post and maybe we cant came up with something good from all this ideeas
    10x
    i really like how it is now. if you guys forget to save a replay then u guys need to go to-
    Documents/crossfire/replays. there should be a replaytemp.rtf file. change the name of it and the file to .cfr
    if you do this, there shouldnt be a problem.
  • Talented1 wrote: »
    This is a bad idea because everyone will click the button and it will create too many reports, which will only slow down the banning process.

Don't be lazy. Reporting someone only takes a couple minutes. Upload the replay, send the link to [CF]Reports... Simple.

amen. AMEN. thats what im talking about.
  • An in game report system would just create excessive false positive reports. Going through the support method is tedious but is necessary to provide all the evidence needed to prove someones a hacker. z8 recieves many many reports a day with replays that need to be watched so it will take a while and creating even more reports is absolutely unnecessary.
  • An in game report system would just create excessive false positive reports. Going through the support method is tedious but is necessary to provide all the evidence needed to prove someones a hacker. z8 recieves many many reports a day with replays that need to be watched so it will take a while and creating even more reports is absolutely unnecessary.

Thanks very much for this.

It certainly helps us a lot having people that recognize this fact.

To add, the [CF]Reports account goes up and down on a daily basis. Sometimes over weekends it fills up, sometimes it doesn't. But the reports do get checked.
  • when i first opened this i thought it was a thread for hackers on how to stop z8 lol
  • Agreed on the idea -- I had been a player of warrock and had seen the process that hackers finally "rule" the game -- now there is only very limited players and server available.

Back to topic, I think a report button is not very feasible. There would be too many generated for a single person to review it. I would like to suggest the voting system -- currently I think voting system is weak -- I figured out that players are busy playing during voting starts (me, for example, most of time would not bother voting when there is no strong evidence someone is cheating.) So a voting can be really enhanced if certain amount of players agree on voting (say, more than 25%), game should pause and waiting on the voting. A all pass result will lead the auto reporting on the forum -- so that a wrong voting can gain the chance to clarify themself (I was kicked for someone think I was cheating and warned by another host even though he declined to answer when I ask him if I was cheating). It is better to show each player of voting the timing, position and kills of the player. These are the evidence to identify a cheater.

Also this is my idea of online gaming -- currently most of the game probably (I am not a game developer, so I guess) simply sends every players position to each other, so the hacker got the chance to decode this and use for aiming -- a more nature and secure way is not send the data at all if the enemy is not in the view -- sounds need to encoded into channels and directly added to the host's pc side -- so that there is no data really transferred to each other if they can not see each other, while to recover position from sound might be not simple -- probably a non unique coordinate can be gained. I am not sure how hard this is, just an idea.
  • H4WK3Y3S wrote: »
    when i first opened this i thought it was a thread for hackers on how to stop z8 lol

Me 2. I was wondering why crossfire will repeat the feat of war rock? There is once a period of time war rock in game chatting messages are full of urls to download hacker programms.
  • What about this?

Players who report hackers accurate will become shadow mods, and they can make report to GMs right away by using Xfire. This should make the banning hackers easier for the people who actually enjoy doing it (LOL).

Now think of "OVER 9000!!!" kids spamming this button.
  • kart50 wrote: »
    yea ur right that is a good idea also they should come up with like anti versions of the hacks and like put it in every game mode and all matches

ty yoshi1

nice idea thats wht iwas thinking..