We have awm/PSG RED/m700 pros..

Why don't we have Dragunov Pros :O!

I think I am going to work on a draggy video.

EDIT: 98 damage... NO DRAGGY VIDEO :)

Comments

• m700 because it's great for snipers on the move, PSG cause it's automatic sniper, AWM cause its 1-hit kill, but draggy is nearly as slow as AWM and isn't as fast as the m700 or PSG
  • BlindEagle wrote: »

I can make one ;).. i generally get a 1 shot kill everytime with it.. hecks

lolz,i could try to become a drag pro,but its so annoying and unproductive to see a guy still shooting on ya after 2 shots -.-
  • Sparrow007 seems to be always running around w/ a dragunov. Pretty good w/ it imo.
  • On the other hand in 50% of the sniper matches u enter with Dragunov u get kicked after 2 rounds, so most consider a weapon change.
    Not to mention the accusations for being a noob while using Dragunov.
  • I love dragunov :D
    But i haven't it on the main account. For inflict 100 damages you need to shoot the chest or the head.

Z8 should make the Dragunov Camo lol
  • Sejanoz wrote: »
    To inflict 100 damage you need to shoot the stomach or the head.
    .........*fixed*
  • SVDragunov is special... it can overpower an AWM as it's lighter, shoots faster and reloads faster. But it one hit kills only on certain conditions, if you aim well. It's a more risky but also more versatile variant of the AWM if you prefer.
  • I've gotten kicked from 300 rooms in my time on CF for using the scout and owning with it.
  • envsN wrote: »
    I've gotten kicked from 300 rooms in my time on CF for using the scout and owning with it.

He's so right, i get DoMed so hard :(.
  • EMOxCORE wrote: »
    SVDragunov is special... it can overpower an AWM as it's lighter, shoots faster and reloads faster. But it one hit kills only on certain conditions, if you aim well. It's a more risky but also more versatile variant of the AWM if you prefer.

Eh, I'll take my M700/PSG RD over a draggy anyday. Though draggy is more versatile than the AWM, the other 2 snipers have 2 shot kills as well as more ammo, and WAY faster firing rate.
  • Dragunov's accuracy really bugs me. Whenever you try to kill someone from long range, you'll have a hard time sniping. Still a decent sniper for close/mid range battles.
  • stanley64 wrote: »
    Dragunov's accuracy really bugs me. Whenever you try to kill someone from long range, you'll have a hard time sniping. Still a decent sniper for close/mid range battles.

yeah, that the only thing i dislike about it, everything else is great.
  • You should see JudgeSim rocking with it. No joke.
  • Im trying to get good with M700....I'd say its the best sniper rifle if you want to be *good* IMO.

Gotta play more PUGs :D

Dunno if its good enough for you, but this is my draggy video ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ3yHZsDnRE

EDIT: And to comment draggy as other does: Accuracy (single scope) fails on very long distances, but to be honest, this doesnt bother me at all, i just love playing with it, its more amusing to me than playing with awm ;)
  • I sold my AWM to buy a Draggy, just so I can say DRAGONIZED!
  • MarzBreeze wrote: »
    I sold my AWM to buy a Draggy, just so I can say DRAGONIZED!

Yeah, exactly.. :D I didnt sold my awm, but i didnt use it since i have draggy.. It simply rules :D
  • xfamOusx wrote: »
    I can make one ;).. i generally get a 1 shot kill everytime with it.. hecks
    plz do xD I've liked watching ur sniping vids. since i got into sniping about a month ago. (maturame on youtube)
    Romanoman wrote: »
    Dunno if its good enough for you, but this is my draggy video ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ3yHZsDnRE

EDIT: And to comment draggy as other does: Accuracy (single scope) fails on very long distances, but to be honest, this doesnt bother me at all, i just love playing with it, its more amusing to me than playing with awm ;)
    heh, I was starting to worry here as the first half was only prison. In my opinion it's easy for any fair-decent sniper to destroy on this map even w/ a dragonov. Using myself as an example, I would say i'm not a terrible sniper but i'm also not a great one (although i'm working on that ;D) and I usually have a 3.0 k/d or higher w/ any sniper. But the Black Widow kills were nice.

As for answering why there aren't many dragonov pros has already been touched on but I have the want to restate why and maybe elaborate on it a little bit. I'll start by listing why the other snipers are used more commonly than the drag. First, the starting sniper, the m700: I personally love this sniper. I think those who really have become "pro" at sniping should use this. It's light. It's quick on the switch. It's fire-rate is brilliant for what it is. But most importantly, it's accurate. I'd go as far as to say it's the most accurate of the snipers in our American CF. If you don't believe me, go ahead and go to a game, bring the m700 and any other sniper you choose, and see for yourself. After saying this, it's clear why those deemed pros could destory w/ it. Headshot parade, baby. Now, the psg: Now more than ever the psg is being used due to a buff it has apparently gotten in power. I discovered this in a clan match on Alaska. The psg, as of whenever it got buffed, is extremely able to 1 shot. I'm not sure which regions of the body to hit to do 100 damage, but, be it the chest or stomache, the psg is able to do 100 damage in 1 shot w/ out hitting the head. Not the mention the fact that the psg has a really nice fire-rate and it stays zoomed in after a shot. The psg is really just a different and fun experience to snipers who havn't used it. Ok, on the the awm: I'll try to keep this short and sweet. The awm is a beast. At it's best you have noobs qq-ing at the 1 shoting. At it's worst you find yourself getting owned by those noobs after you miss that first shot and are out in the open waiting for your pistol to come out.
    Now, having touched on or in having a slight in-depth analysis on the other snipers, I can finally say why we don't have many dragonov pros. The dragonov: Yes, it has it's own kind of light-ness and mobility speed, and yes, it's firing rate is somewhat fast. But, at what cost are these attributes given? These attributes are traded for none other that overall accuracy. Accuracy is a sniper-rifles one special trait (I guess power is too but that's another subject for another day). If you take away or damage the accuracy of a sniper-rifle, you've taken away what makes a sniper-rifle work. To go deeper into what aspect of accuracy the dragonov is missing, let's take a look at what happens when you scope in, move for a while in any direction, and then stop again. What do you notice when you stop? What's so dang different about this sniper-rifle that makes it's accuracy so frustrating? If I'm not mistaken, I believe this decrease in accuracy come from what I'm going to call the "cool-down" of moving. Yeah, I think it's those cross-hairs, people. After stoping from moving, those cross-hairs close in on the ever so powerful red dot in the center SLOWER than any other sniper. If I am wrong, please correct me and help me figure out what's wrong with it's accuracy. But, I believe this is the case. And for any player that has used any other sniper-rifle that our version of CF has to offer, this increase in cool-down time is unacceptable in our minds. After using the other snipers, we've subconciously created a fast timer off in our heads. We scope in while moving a little (maybe after jumping around a corner), that timer starts, the timer beeps in our heads which screams at us, "SHOOT!", and we do. When someone with a specifically set timer in their head is given a weapon (the drag.) that the timer does not go with, it's infuriating to watch as our cursors are on them but to no avail do we hit them due to the slow cool-down. Have you guys ever heard that it's hard to break a habit? That timer is our habit, and that's why we don't have many dragonov pros.

Please contact me if you believe that there is a different reason for why the drag. is innacurate comparatively, or just respond/comment here.
  • Ty for watching :D

And i believe youre right with that moving thing influencing accuracy.. I missed this way a lot, but in a time ive somehow used to that.. Maybe i changed my style of sniping little bit, its possible, but after that few months of using draggy i really dont remember how i used to snipe with awm :D
    Anyway that accuracy really sucks.. On the other hand, i am using draggy cause its not so difficult to give 1 shot kills as well as awm does and what more - its lighter and faster than awm is..
    Somebody could say m700 can kill in one hit too (headshot), but to be honest i always screwed it - m700 was somehow too fast to use for me.. And stomach area for draggy is significantly larger than every head :D