Fraps problem i need help pls! :(

hi please don ignore this post i need your help please!
I want record my gameplay with fraps , but this is impossible :( my pc lagg too hard and is impossible.This is my computer stat:
Windows XP professional Service Pack 3
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2 GB RAM
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

i think that my pc lagg and the case is the video card?
Is it true?
If i chage it i will get better FPS and game experience?
please answer i need some help

p.s
i want buy a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Comments

• Matth9 wrote: »

p.s
    i want buy a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    i got nvidea 9600 and I'm able to broadcast on xfire and use fraps
  • i got nvidea 9600 and I'm able to broadcast on xfire and use fraps

my RAM and my CPU is good? i hope yes answer pls

Your CPU is low-performing, ram is decent, but i suggest an upgrade to 4gb.

What is yourr FPS without fraps? (I get average 120-270 w/o fraps)
    i have no idea man, soz
  • WolfDale8 wrote: »
    Your CPU is low-performing, ram is decent, but i suggest an upgrade to 4gb.

What is yourr FPS without fraps? (I get average 120-270 w/o fraps)

My FPS is around 25-50.
    Im the crossfire page the minumum stats are ram 1GB ( i have 2 GB )
    and i think is will work good with a new video card.
  • yea, 1gb ram is minimum, but that is if you are runnign nothing else with CF, otherwise, MSn, browser, xfire, fraps, or any other programs ran side-by-side with CF might slow u down.

And yea, while recording with Fraps, every1's framerate drops.

Your CPU is 3 generations old, still on pentium, we now have dual, dou, quad, and most with multi-threading.

Ram has now moved up to 12 gb (at the best of Personal computing), 4GB for the average, and 8gb for the hardcore gamers.

I dont know the type of ram you are using, DDR, DDr2, or DDr3, DDR3 is the fastest, and compared to your other specs, I take it that you have DDR ram. (slow)

Your graphics card: Well, no idea where to start, keeping in mind that you have a laptop(most likely), upgrading would be tough.
    if you have a desktop system, I suggest you make sure that the 9600 GT is compatible with your motherboard.

Overall, with all the specs, you have a below-average computer, which falls under the minimum recommendations of crossfire, but that is for crossfire, recording gameplay would be hell for you, so I suggest you go ahead and purchase a new computer, with atleast:

3gb ram DDr2 (will work fine)
    intel core 2 duo or dual core
    9000 GT series GPU

hope I helped!
  • WolfDale8 wrote: »
    yea, 1gb ram is minimum, but that is if you are runnign nothing else with CF, otherwise, MSn, browser, xfire, fraps, or any other programs ran side-by-side with CF might slow u down.

And yea, while recording with Fraps, every1's framerate drops.

Your CPU is 3 generations old, still on pentium, we now have dual, dou, quad, and most with multi-threading.

Ram has now moved up to 12 gb (at the best of Personal computing), 4GB for the average, and 8gb for the hardcore gamers.

I dont know the type of ram you are using, DDR, DDr2, or DDr3, DDR3 is the fastest, and compared to your other specs, I take it that you have DDR ram. (slow)

Your graphics card: Well, no idea where to start, keeping in mind that you have a laptop(most likely), upgrading would be tough.
    if you have a desktop system, I suggest you make sure that the 9600 GT is compatible with your motherboard.

Overall, with all the specs, you have a below-average computer, which falls under the minimum recommendations of crossfire, but that is for crossfire, recording gameplay would be hell for you, so I suggest you go ahead and purchase a new computer, with atleast:

3gb ram DDr2 (will work fine)
    intel core 2 duo or dual core
    9000 GT series GPU

hope I helped!
    thanks a lot , i will save up my money now.
    -.-" in this moment i've only 25 euro(<-- lol ) , im from italy..
    i will sale my drum and make money. . or i must get a work but this is boring -.-"