Client MFC Application has stopped working..

My computer is VISTA 64 bit, 4G memory, more than400G room, GMAX3100 Video card.This thing always happen during the game."Client MFC Application has stopped working". I dont know why.

Comments

• Same Problem. :(

I too have the same problem. For me it usually happens either mid-game or right as the game is ending, which sucks, because half the time it is too early and I forfeit the xp and money. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit, 4gb ram, lots of space and insane graphics card, so I don't know what the problem could be except for an error on the client side. I followed all the common solutions that I got in my support ticket for this issue but none of them were able to fix this issue.
  • WOW Thanks GUYS!!!!!! You Are SO Supportive in Helping fix your problem!!
  • i have the same problem

it ****es me off also, and i googled, nothing. if you found the solution, plz help out a brother in arm in crossfire :)
  • Might be DEP.

Data Execution Prevention.

Turn that junk off by:

Right click on My Computer
    Click on Properties
    Click on the Advanced tab
    Click on the Settings button in the Performance section
    Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab

Check the box that I circled in red and hit apply, let me know if that fixes yo' computaz.

fk5yz8.jpg
  • [MOD]Bruce wrote: »
    Might be DEP.

Turn that junk off by:

Click on Properties

Check the box that I circled in red and hit apply, let me know if that fixes yo' computaz.

fk5yz8.jpg

why do you "MOD's" always have to tell people to change their system configurations? when CrossFire used to run very well the DEP were always ON, and this error never appeared with the DEP activated.
  • Everyones computer is different and this is my first little post trying to offer a suggestion in the tech support forum. Sorry, I'll go back to the barracks now and leave you upset kids alone with your dells.
  • I get that too sometimes when I click on login screen when its loading. Ill try my dep of, thnx bruce. Currently running on windows 7.
    Might be DEP.

Turn that junk off by:

Click on Properties

fk5yz8.jpg
    Mayckolld wrote: »
    why do you "MOD's" always have to tell people to change their system configurations? when CrossFire used to run very well the DEP were always ON, and this error never appeared with the DEP activated.
    Because you're a baby.

I get the Client MFC error all the time, and I mean all the time. And my setting was already clicked to that. -.-

Any other magical powders I can sprinkle on my laptop to fix this problem?
    Might be DEP.

Turn that junk off by:

Click on Properties

fk5yz8.jpg

Vista one would help.
  • BlindEagle wrote: »
    Vista one would help.

Works the same for vista. It's what I have and I found it easily enough.
  • Its a security issue nothing else

Heres what I did to get game work with McAfee. Clicked configure,then click computer & files,then disable virus protection and spyware guard. Then game will work just remember to turn it back on after game. Something must of changed in game 2 nights ago because thats when this all started for many people. Do the same with other virus programs.(it might take some trial and error be patient) It will work. ITS KIND OF SAD THAT U HAVE TO DISABLE PROTECTION TO PLAY GAME. YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO COMPROMISE YOUR SECURITY. :cool:
  • Because you're a baby.

I get the Client MFC error all the time, and I mean all the time. And my setting was already clicked to that. -.-

Any other magical powders I can sprinkle on my laptop to fix this problem?

Hey stupid fu.ck

what i'm saying is that all these "MOD's" dont know any sh1t about technical support and they're telling people to change settings that has nothing to do with this crash or this error.

this error is being caused for the game not for a setting of the computer.
  • Mayckolld wrote: »
    Hey stupid fu.ck

what i'm saying is that all these "MOD's" dont know any sh1t about technical support and they're telling people to change settings that has nothing to do with this crash or this error.

ok then angry kid why dont u tell us how to fix it since everyone else to stupid, come on now, if not sthu and quit acting like a 5 yr old kid

and to everyone else HP lap vista same here
  • MrKnifey wrote: »
    ok then angry kid why dont u tell us how to fix it since everyone else to stupid, come on now, if not sthu and quit acting like a 5 yr old kid

I'm not the game developer and thats not my job, apparently you're only the 5 year old kid here that cant even understand that fact.

and yes I'm angry because CrossFire technical support su.cks It is managed for the stupids moderators and the only thing they know is giving stupid answers and don't help people with real problems.
  • ok here it is again, im posting this screens to show the error, it is real! not caused for my PC!

I know there was a new patch yesterday and i admit it, the game is kinda more stable than before but still happens this!!!

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=43646

(sorry if you dont understand the whole message but my O.S is in spanish)
    cferror.jpg
  • Mayckolld wrote: »
    MrKnifey wrote: »
    Mayckolld wrote: »
    Hey stupid fu.ck

I'm not the game developer and thats not my job, apparently you're only the 5 year old kid here that cant even understand that fact.

and yes I'm angry because CrossFire technical support su.cks It is managed for the stupids moderators and the only thing they know is giving stupid answers and don't help people with real problems.

Hmmm... It IS a free game. You are using their service and paying nothing for it and then you complain about it??? You also use such vulgarity to a MOD??? I suggest that you hold your tongue before you get burnt. Also, you may want to finish grade school before you use lingo in such a manner. You WILL eventually get older and realize that running around talking like a fool looks unintelligent. Whether you admit it or not, you will.... If you don't get yourself killed first. Eh, my best wishes go out to you anyway. All I can offer is what I've said.
  • Hmmm... It IS a free game. You are using their service and paying nothing for it and then you complain about it??? You also use such vulgarity to a MOD??? I suggest that you hold your tongue before you get burnt. Also, you may want to finish grade school before you use lingo in such a manner. You WILL eventually get older and realize that running around talking like a fool looks unintelligent. Whether you admit it or not, you will.... If you don't get yourself killed first. Eh, my best wishes go out to you anyway. All I can offer is what I've said.

what the hell are you talking about? did you smoke somethign or what? of course im paying for my ZP items noob, ignorant. are you another 5 year old kid? because of this crash i've couldnt use my ZP items because CF crashes every 2 mins.
    and mod's are nothing they're just a bunch of stupids watching the posts here and dont know about anything, they gonna ban me? go ahead i dont care. i'm retty sure i'm smarter than you noob.
  • Well, you can assume what you will about me and it really doesn't matter. If you bought ZP and are flipping out about not being able to use it then why don't you care if they ban you and you lose it permanently? Your story doesn't really line up. Also, the best way to get something done is to be polite about it, they are working to get things fixed and you aren't doing anybody any good by talking as you have.
  • Well, you can assume what you will about me and it really doesn't matter. If you bought ZP and are flipping out about not being able to use it then why don't you care if they ban you and you lose it permanently? Your story doesn't really line up. Also, the best way to get something done is to be polite about it, they are working to get things fixed and you aren't doing anybody any good by talking as you have.

Look, I did not come here to discuss with you or anyone else. i'm not gonna waste my time with 5 y.o. kids.

Someone in this topic insult me by calling me baby, I did not start with the insults.
    Apparently the technical support sucks that's why I am here to make my voice heard only, because i having issues with my game.

If nobody likes my opinions then do not reply me back, do not insult me or I will insult you back.

and mod's cannot ban my account permanently, i am not hacking noob. they only can ban me from the forums for limited time.
  • Same

I get the same problem since yesterday and the patch of April.

Could someone help us ?

I re-install CF without any change I dont understand how to fix it.
  • I get this error all the time on W7 64Bit im getting so sick of this, and you are damm right this has nothing to do with system settings its just the game, every patch they "introduce" new errors... great.
    i would be pleased if some of the developpers test the patch before releasing it.
    i mean i never saw a game with this much errors even other free ones.
    to everyone here stop bashing on the threadstarter b/c he is right
  • Hmmm... It IS a free game. You are using their service and paying nothing for it and then you complain about it??? You also use such vulgarity to a MOD??? I suggest that you hold your tongue before you get burnt. Also, you may want to finish grade school before you use lingo in such a manner. You WILL eventually get older and realize that running around talking like a fool looks unintelligent. Whether you admit it or not, you will.... If you don't get yourself killed first. Eh, my best wishes go out to you anyway. All I can offer is what I've said.

It is a free game - But i have spent a fair amount of money on it. Im using their service, and through the money i pay for items, the service i use is being paid for. I dont agree that such vulgarity should be used towards someone who is only trying to help. But on my end, i am having the same prob..... But im on windows 7, also experienced it on XP/SP3. Also something needs to be done about the hacks going on all the time. Ok, i know only about 35% of the people who are accused of hacking are actually hacking. But isnt that what X-Trap is there for? The only reason i QUOTED is because u said about it being free, but for some of us who do pay, we shouldnt have to have these problems. Hacking will be hard to fight, but tbh it seems as if X-Trap doesnt have any effect at all. When CrossFire went over to Z8Games, i thought we were going to see some major improvements, ok, somethings have been sorted, but they are minor. Come on Z8GAMES, alot of us pay, so help us out by trying harder to work out the problems which plague us. I cant even bind my right ctrl key permanently, everytime i start CF i have to go into the controls area and change it. The only key that wont remember where its bound too. The MFC errors are all to do with some part of Z8Games or CrossFire as its the only time i get them. Also, we need more maps, maybe a little larger.... Keep us wanting more...... I want more, bigger maps, Come On, YOU CAN DO IT Z8GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............
  • same here. i have win xp sp3, and dell dimension 4600
  • Client MFC Application

It looks like it´s not a S.O. , neither a Computer combination.
    It´s a In-game crash and it should be resolved fast, cuz it makes me go crazy and loose interest in the game.

Please resolve this problem as quick as possible (Like for ......... yesterday).

Thanks.